LaunchBox Community Forums

10.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

5 minutes ago, dov_EL said:

Ok, I removed the old setting controller volume mapping, but now I can't adjust the volume in big box anymore

@Retro808 and I have done some testing here. Retroarch is apparently wonky in that it has some default bindings set for hotkeys that do some weird things, and the only way to fix it is to re-set those hotkeys. Basically, Retroarch's hotkey menu is lying in that there are controller hotkeys defined by default that don't show up in the menu (at least that's my best understanding of what's going on).

What has fixed it for @Retro808 is binding the same buttons to the same functions in Retroarch. So, for volume up and volume down, bind the same two buttons to that in Retroarch and in Big Box, and in theory that should fix it. Ultimately, though, this appears to be a bug in Retroarch.

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@Retro808 and I have done some testing here. Retroarch is apparently wonky in that it has some default bindings set for hotkeys that do some weird things, and the only way to fix it is to re-set those hotkeys. Basically, Retroarch's hotkey menu is lying in that there are controller hotkeys defined by default that don't show up in the menu (at least that's my best understanding of what's going on).

What has fixed it for @Retro808 is binding the same buttons to the same functions in Retroarch. So, for volume up and volume down, bind the same two buttons to that in Retroarch and in Big Box, and in theory that should fix it. Ultimately, though, this appears to be a bug in Retroarch.

ok, now i try. Even if you need to make the change for each core.

@dov_EL You set the hotkey. That is the hold key, then you set volume up and then volume down. 1 key each. 

For example in launchbox I set button 6 (select) and button 8 (right bumper) as my combo for volume up (volume down is 6 + 7). So in RA I set button 6 as the Hotkey (the hold key), then button 8 and volume up and button 7 as volume down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

@dov_EL You set the hotkey. That is the hold key, then you set volume up and then volume down. 1 key each. 

For example in launchbox I set button 6 (select) and button 8 (right bumper) as my combo for volume up (volume down is 6 + 7). So in RA I set button 6 as the Hotkey (the hold key), then button 8 and volume up and button 7 as volume down. 

in big box , not in Retroarch :(

@Jason Carr you can try this solution built in ? https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Not quite sure what you mean. 

In the LaunchBox settings (bigBox) it is possible to use 2 buttons in combo for the function) hold + button 1 or 2 etc), in retroarch the volume can be set with a single function key and not with the combo.

13 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

When going back from "all games" on BigBox, it takes you to a previous selected filter (Like regions or publisher)  instead of the options menu. Is that the intended behaviour?

To be honest, not really, but I guess it does make sense. ;)

Just tested it; I wouldn't call it a significant issue. If you set All Games as your default startup view, it does work properly after a restart of Big Box. Otherwise you just have a second view to go through to get there.

10 hours ago, dov_EL said:

If we use the volume from the keyboard, everything works correctly without slowing down. So it's big box that creates conflict with retroarch when we try to increase or decrease the volume in game

When you say that..it reminded me of something I noticed a few days ago. My Startup for BigBox is like 9Mins long since I have like 60,000 games on a i3 with 8gb memory to be loaded up which may take a while to get ready. Sometimes the video stops before it's over because it finished loading up..but other times it plays all the way and still having me wait for everything to be done. Thing is I guess it's not exactly that way because once I adjust the volume while I wait is when things seemed to be ready in like 2secs or so. Not sure if @Jason Carr is aware of things like this or not..but I at first thought it was a random fluke kinda thing.

1 hour ago, dov_EL said:

In the LaunchBox settings (bigBox) it is possible to use 2 buttons in combo for the function) hold + button 1 or 2 etc), in retroarch the volume can be set with a single function key and not with the combo.

If you reread my post I let you know how you can make it work. Its right below how to do it in RA. Just use your buttons you have set in BigBox.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

For example in launchbox I set button 6 (select) and button 8 (right bumper) as my combo for volume up (volume down is 6 + 7). So in RA I set button 6 as the Hotkey (the hold key), then button 8 and volume up and button 7 as volume down. 

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If you reread my posts I let you know how you can make it work. Its right below how to do it in RA. Just use your buttons you have set in BigBox

Where do you find the HOLD in RA option? What version of RA do you use?

On 9/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, Jason Carr said:

I've looked into this several times before, and I've never been able to replicate it. Can you test to see if it has anything to do with the Region of the image?

The image is just in the root launchbox/images/platform/screenshot - gameplay folder, not one of the region subfolders. It's happening for a few of my games - the screenshot is there and correctly labelled when you go to edit game, but it doesn't show in the game details pane. The funny thing is, the "Screenshots" heading is in the game details pane, but there's nothing below it. 

So it's been a pretty crazy past couple of days. I just put out 10.5-beta-2, which appears to fix an issue where controllers weren't working for Windows 7 users, because Windows 7 apparently does not support XInput 1.4 at all. So I'm now reverting to XInput 1.3 in that case.

Any testing you all can do with 10.5-beta-2 would be appreciated.