LaunchBox Community Forums

10.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• Fix for controllers not working properly with Steam streaming
  • Fix for the Steam controller not working properly
  • Fix for image deletions still running into conflicts after viewing them fullscreen
  • Fix for images not refreshing after edits (regression from the last beta)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Krakerman said:

DIfferent DPI and sizes. Not that is a big deal as I have alternate method for marquees.

Monitor 1: 1080x1920 Monitor 2: 1280x1024 Monitor 3: 3840x2160  (Default/Main) Monitor 4: 2560x1080 (Marquee) Monitor 5: 1920x1080 (Touch Screen)

Sadly you'll probably need to use your alternate method for now. It could be anything from a driver glitch to a Windows issue with differing DPIs (of which there are many), and I don't think I'm going to be able to figure it out without a similar setup to test on.

If it's crashing, the more details you can provide, the better. It's impossible for me to look into any kind of bugs or crashes without at least a lead to go on. It might help to enable debug logs, so you can send me a log.

I am doubtful that these betas are introducing crashes, but I suppose it is possible. I'm constantly testing the latest betas on four machines, which run pretty much 24/7, and I haven't experienced any stability issues. Who knows these days with Windows updates and driver issues, though. It would be helpful to know if you're seeing the same things with the 10.1 official release.

23 minutes ago, ZeSystem said:

Still having the same issues on the latest beta. I managed to capture it on video. Hopefully that helps.

The only thing I did was to preview them in fullscreen which seems to be the root of the issue.

https://streamable.com/1009j

I see. I hadn't tested that scenario, as I assumed you were running into it from the game details sidebar instead of the edit screen.

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What all did you test? Have you tried unchecking Use All Controllers and testing them individually?

Hmm, that's odd. It's using the exact same code to map between LaunchBox and Big Box, so I can't imagine why it would be any different between the two.

Good to hear. I'll probably just leave it this way, at least for now. XInput is recommended anyways.

I haven't tried it with any of my other controllers yet..just used the Wireless Afterglow PC/PS3 Controllers for now. As far ones with a Home/Guide button I some actual PS3 Controllers and some knock-off PS3 Controllers. I also have a Wired XBOX 360 Afterglow Controller, and a Wired HORI Fighter Commander Controller made for 360/XBO/PC as well. Others I have are PC Controllers by Sabrent which look like 2 Wired PS2 Controllers with 6-Buttons, and I also have a GigaWare PC Controller shaped like a PS2 Controller and a Steel Series one that also is PS2 shaped..yet the buttons on those aren't mapped like an XBOX Controller and even have no Guide/Home button.

We also have a Wired RetroLink GameCube Controller and a Rock Candy 360 Controller as well. I guess I could add PS4 Controllers and XBO and XBO-S Controllers as well. I think that's about it as far as Game Controllers playable for PC unless maybe where talking some Bluetoothing of a MoGa or Wireless Rii keypad or anything like that goes

Thing is it seems anything already working on a 360 and XBO is already working just fine and probably doesn't really need me to test things with all those though.

@RULLUR do me a favor, and get the image file that is giving you problems, zip it up and attach it to a post here, I will take a look at it.
If you upload the image here as an attachment directly it changes its properties completely, so it is not actually the same image you are having problems with.
At the same time, you can verify if it is an image malform if you just open it up with Paint for example, and re-save it again as a different format (i.e. png > jpg or viceversa). Then replace the original image with the new one and see if that makes a difference.

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta 7 is out now with another fix for the image deletions. I had fixed it for the issue when deleting images from the sidebar, but I hadn't fixed it for the Edit dialog, after viewing the images fullscreen. I've also updated the release notes, and I'll be sending this version off to the translators for a hopeful Monday release.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Running into an issue exporting to Android here.

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but every time I export a set of games from a platform, it erases what I had moved to Android in the past. Because of this, I can't simply add a game that I want later, I have to re-select my whole set and re-export it all. Not huge in the scheme of things, but it's still a bit of a pain, considering I usually think of a game or two I might want to add after I've already done the initial copy. What is problematic, though, is the files from my last import remain on my device, so I've still got a folder full of games, but only a few entries in the platform xml, for the games that were exported last.

Other than that, it's been pretty smooth-going. Haven't had issues with the betas on either of my machines.

Edited by darkaegis

7 hours ago, Kondorito said:

@RULLUR do me a favor, and get the image file that is giving you problems, zip it up and attach it to a post here, I will take a look at it.
If you upload the image here as an attachment directly it changes its properties completely, so it is not actually the same image you are having problems with.
At the same time, you can verify if it is an image malform if you just open it up with Paint for example, and re-save it again as a different format (i.e. png > jpg or viceversa). Then replace the original image with the new one and see if that makes a difference.

I do happen to use Microsoft Paint quite a bit..so I guess I'll try that method too. I prefer PNG over JPEG / JPG after all. Makes so much sense it would change up as a post to where it was shockingly workable when @Jason Carr showed me here too. Thing is now we have to probably dig through the Database and fix the ones problematic

I'm not sure if it does this all the time or was a fluke, but I ran CCS64 and tested out the Pause Screen via Home/Guide button to where I ended up with a black screen I couldn't get out of..even when Alt Tab or Windows Key. I ended up having to Alt Ctrl Delete my way into Logging Out and Logging Back just to get things back to normal. The black screen wouldn't even let me use the mouse and seemed to disable the sound for a moment as well. Just very strange of it to happen. I'm sure we have a few here who deal with Commodore Emulation, so maybe one of you out there can relate to this somehow and let me know if this is common or not.

I am getting this if I try to edit any system using a mapped drive for rom storage:

I ran across it first when I was trying to use the Clean Up Media, it does the same thing, but a pop-up for every game.

When you hit OK on any of the pop-ups, it crashes LB

Specs:
Win-10 (1903)
LB v10.2 beta 7

I installed 10.1 in another location, scanned in a couple systems using the same roms and it is fine...

Untitled.jpg

The games are still launching though

Edited by Wanderer189

On 9/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, darkaegis said:

Running into an issue exporting to Android here.

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but every time I export a set of games from a platform, it erases what I had moved to Android in the past. Because of this, I can't simply add a game that I want later, I have to re-select my whole set and re-export it all. Not huge in the scheme of things, but it's still a bit of a pain, considering I usually think of a game or two I might want to add after I've already done the initial copy. What is problematic, though, is the files from my last import remain on my device, so I've still got a folder full of games, but only a few entries in the platform xml, for the games that were exported last.

Other than that, it's been pretty smooth-going. Haven't had issues with the betas on either of my machines.

It will allow you to export new platforms without overwriting, but you do have to export entire platforms at a time currently. But you don't have to do the full set, just the single platform that you want to change.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:30 PM, RULLUR said:

I do happen to use Microsoft Paint quite a bit..so I guess I'll try that method too. I prefer PNG over JPEG / JPG after all. Makes so much sense it would change up as a post to where it was shockingly workable when @Jason Carr showed me here too. Thing is now we have to probably dig through the Database and fix the ones problematic

If we can confirm that a particular image on the games db is broken, then we should probably just remove that image from the DB. I doubt there are very many though.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:38 PM, RULLUR said:

I'm not sure if it does this all the time or was a fluke, but I ran CCS64 and tested out the Pause Screen via Home/Guide button to where I ended up with a black screen I couldn't get out of..even when Alt Tab or Windows Key. I ended up having to Alt Ctrl Delete my way into Logging Out and Logging Back just to get things back to normal. The black screen wouldn't even let me use the mouse and seemed to disable the sound for a moment as well. Just very strange of it to happen. I'm sure we have a few here who deal with Commodore Emulation, so maybe one of you out there can relate to this somehow and let me know if this is common or not.

The pause screens can cause issues like this if they're not configured correctly for a particular emulator. Most likely you'll just need to play with the settings to get them to work correctly.

3 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I am getting this if I try to edit any system using a mapped drive for rom storage:

I ran across it first when I was trying to use the Clean Up Media, it does the same thing, but a pop-up for every game.

When you hit OK on any of the pop-ups, it crashes LB

Specs:
Win-10 (1903)
LB v10.2 beta 7

I installed 10.1 in another location, scanned in a couple systems using the same roms and it is fine...

Untitled.jpg

The games are still launching though

Most likely this is caused by a permissions issue on that network drive. I would expect that it's exactly as it says, that it's unable to create that folder. You'll need to check the permissions to make sure that it's able to create folders in that Z:\ROMS folder. It also may be incorrect referring to a folder that does not exist, which is why it's trying to create it in the first place.