LaunchBox Community Forums

10.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I am running LB 10.5 with beta updates turn on, I get nothing about any betas to download.

Also, has anyone gotten ds4windows to work with PS4 controller yet???

DS4Windows is working well, yes. There aren't currently any betas out. The 10.5 release is the latest release.

5 hours ago, dov_EL said:

In 10.5 same problem 

@Jason Carr

I dont believe there was a fix in 10.5 beta 2 for the Retroarch issue. The fix was for a Win7 Xinput concern.

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

So it's been a pretty crazy past couple of days. I just put out 10.5-beta-2, which appears to fix an issue where controllers weren't working for Windows 7 users, because Windows 7 apparently does not support XInput 1.4 at all. So I'm now reverting to XInput 1.3 in that case.

Any testing you all can do with 10.5-beta-2 would be appreciated.

Anyone have any idea why my default images aren't showing correctly? I just noticed this issue, so not sure when it started happening. The images with the yellow squares around them should show the default 3D box like the image with the pointer.
image.thumb.png.efaf49068a8b29f7ebd9b8db2667e1a1.png

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

So it's been a pretty crazy past couple of days. I just put out 10.5-beta-2, which appears to fix an issue where controllers weren't working for Windows 7 users, because Windows 7 apparently does not support XInput 1.4 at all. So I'm now reverting to XInput 1.3 in that case.

Any testing you all can do with 10.5-beta-2 would be appreciated.

not even realised anything between 10.1 to 10.4

39 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Anyone have any idea why my default images aren't showing correctly? I just noticed this issue, so not sure when it started happening. The images with the yellow squares around them should show the default 3D box like the image with the pointer.

Refreshing the image cache for those games did not help? Just tested on a couple platforms as I have not really added default images and everything worked fine. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Refreshing the image cache for those games did not help? Just tested on a couple platforms as I have not really added default images and everything worked fine. 

Nope, I tried refreshing the image cache, existing LB, then nuking the entire cache directory so it would be rebuilt. I have discovered it isn't just my Vectrex platform that shows the issue. A few others do too. I have checked the settings under Tools/Manage Platforms, and all the default images are identified and set correctly. I'm stumped.

31 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Nope, I tried refreshing the image cache, existing LB, then nuking the entire cache directory so it would be rebuilt. I have discovered it isn't just my Vectrex platform that shows the issue. A few others do too. I have checked the settings under Tools/Manage Platforms, and all the default images are identified and set correctly. I'm stumped.

Could it be an image priority setting? Perhaps youve set box front as an option under priorities for 3d box.

27 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Could it be an image priority setting? Perhaps youve set box front as an option under priorities for 3d box.

Well, I seem to have found a work-around. For the platforms that show the wrong images, if I uncheck every option for Box Front, or Box 3D, etc., then tell LB to refresh all images, my defaults show up correctly. I can then go back and re-check all the multiple image types under options that I had before and the correct images continue to show, even after another refresh all. Very strange.

I'm using a wired xbox controller in Windows 10 and I have switched off the controller game bar setting linked to the central silver button on the controller (to avoid conflicts).  I was hoping to bind it to the pause screen.  But it doesn't appear to be recognised by Launchbox or BigBox.  Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.

This controller thing has been a nightmare for many of us, but I know especially for Jason and any one working on it.

I have tried to get a genuine PS4 controller to work for 2 days now using DS4W. I can't get LB or BB to recognize it period!!! I was originally running DS4W v1.4.94 (only version I can get the gyro would work in cemu and RPCS3, every time I tried to update it, I couldn't get the gyro to work).

Things I have tried:
Trying different version of DS4W from v1.4.52 all the way up to v1.5.8
deleting the InputBindings.xml in the LB data folder
deleting and reinstalling the 360ce drivers
Set up a blank copy of LB 10.1

I have a generic wireless chinese 360 controller with its own dongle, it works, I have a couple barely working official 360 controllers using the MS dongle, they work.

I am about to give up on the PS4 controller. I had just ordered 4 Switch Pro controllers to try and replace everything I am using so they would have the gyro using BetterJoyForCemu...I am scared, scared, scared. Did I say I was scared?

Of course every controller I have works as expected everywhere except in LB or BB....they work in the emulators, RA, everything.

Did I mentioned I was scared?

And added to that, I can take the exact same PS4 controller, pair it to my shield, run moonlight (course it uses it own controller stuff), it runs BB fines, now check this out, I take the same PS4 controller and pair it back to my PC, run DS4W v1.4.94, take my shield REMOTE or shield controller, navigate to moonlight, launch it, start BB (I have a shortcut to BB in moonlight) and as soon as I do, the PS4 controller PAIRED to the PC, will run BB, emulators, even the GYRO in Cemu works like I was playing on the PC. Of course it has the moonlight lag and all....

The Switch Pro controllers are suppose to be here tomorrow, maybe they will be okay, right guys???? Did I tell you I was scared??????  hahaha

Edited by Wanderer189

Just now, mcfilmmakers said:

Why are we discussing Launchbox 10.5 in a thread specifically meant for 10.2? Can we please start a new thread so the discussions are easier to find? Thank you!

Because these versions followed very quickly and were put out to address issues people were having in this thread. 10.5 contains fixes for the exact things mentioned in here so is very relevant to the discussion.

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Because these versions followed very quickly and were put out to address issues people were having in this thread. 10.5 contains fixes for the exact things mentioned in here so is very relevant to the discussion.

But it’s not the same version regardless. When I’m looking for discussions about 10.5, the last place I would look is here.

1 minute ago, mcfilmmakers said:

But it’s not the same version regardless. When I’m looking for discussions about 10.5, the last place I would look is here.

We don't have testing threads for official releases as they have supposedly been tested by that point, hence the release. Clearly though it seems a lot of people who download the betas dont actually test them, as some issues got through that were not reported in the beta phase, so tacking it onto the most recent beta thread is probably the best place for it.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

We don't have testing threads for official releases as they have supposedly been tested by that point, hence the release. Clearly though it seems a lot of people who download the betas dont actually test them, as some issues got through that were not reported in the beta phase, so tacking it onto the most recent beta thread is probably the best place for it.

Then we agree. It is illogical to keep posting in a thread about 10.2 when we are now three versions beyond that.