LaunchBox Community Forums

11.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Looks like we are in for some cool updated to LB. I wish it were possible to do Clean Media on a single platform, multiple platforms or everything, not just everything, ya know? I am excited about the video snap feature and can't wait to see what it will and will not do....thanks Jason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallmachine said:

when capturing videos will we be able to select video/audio settings? I think its a great feature but a lot goes into recording. If you want to keep the same standards as EmuMovies:

Settings.thumb.png.69a1e7a05c6f2c8d92ef81bd552b2cf8.png

It's a quick video grab..Other frontend's have done it at no way does it replace the quality and standard Emumovies has done for years.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, Chris Kant said:

It looks like that Media Management and Edit Interface / Masterdata will be the main focus on this update and I am happy to see that welcomed additions.. maybe later a better way how to choose different versions of the same game in the detail screen with an intime chance of the artwork related to the region of the game :)

Man, this has to be a reality, many media are currently wasted due to current options. I have long expected a feature like that, hopefully it will be a reality soon.

3 hours ago, rexryan said:

It's a quick video grab..Other frontend's have done it at no way does it replace the quality and standard Emumovies has done for years.

3 hours ago, Thornback said:

To be fair EM is getting increasingly outdated by today's standards. Most of their clips have been recorded ages ago and desperately need updating. That is where Launchbox comes in.

No, it definitely will not replace EmuMovies. Keep in mind that EmuMovies' videos require editing, picking the best clips, etc. They all end with the title screen and have a bunch of other nice things about them. Simply recording basic screen captures will not replace EmuMovies, obviously. I guess if you wanted to put in the work to edit clips together and everything, you could get there, but that's kind of the point of EmuMovies (so you don't have to).

4 hours ago, wallmachine said:

when capturing videos will we be able to select video/audio settings? I think its a great feature but a lot goes into recording. If you want to keep the same standards as EmuMovies:

Settings.thumb.png.69a1e7a05c6f2c8d92ef81bd552b2cf8.png

You will have some settings but very little. We're not looking to become a video editing suite. Regardless, the videos will be high quality and it'll work plenty well enough.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 12:18 AM, Jason Carr said:

You will have some settings but very little. We're not looking to become a video editing suite. Regardless, the videos will be high quality and it'll work plenty well enough.

Nice!!

For me just need 1 second fade in/out + SD/HD (16:9 & 4:3) profile to convert. Perfect for intent.

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain
  • Thanks 1

For OCD freaks like me who want to have their collection as tidy and complete as possible, these last updates are huge; Start/Stop recording to get automatically generated and placed videos for the obscure/custom games there is no media about, better managing of the editing game screens to easily complete the metadata, improved cleaning media tool and the Audit tool from the previous release. ❤️ ?

• Game On 2

On 6/17/2020 at 7:47 AM, Wanderer189 said:

Looks like we are in for some cool updated to LB. I wish it were possible to do Clean Media on a single platform, multiple platforms or everything, not just everything, ya know? I am excited about the video snap feature and can't wait to see what it will and will not do....thanks Jason

+1 for the ability to select or exclude platforms from Clean Media scan. With the new deeper analysis feature and time needed to do that, it would be even more useful to target specific platform(s). For example, on my Mame and pinball platform media, I don’t want it to mess with those for various reasons.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

the ability to select all/deselect all of a certain type of result as well. Currently we have no choice to select everything or nothing at all, you can't deselect a group of results.

You talking about the Cleanup Media tool? You have the Select All/None buttons on bottom and you can select any group of rows and then right click and Check/Uncheck your selected row.

Just now, C-Beats said:

You talking about the Cleanup Media tool? You have the Select All/None buttons on bottom and you can select any group of rows and then right click and Check/Uncheck your selected row.

The select all/none buttons on the bottom don't let you select groups of results and the right clicking isn't possible when I tried unless this changed since 10.14.

On 6/21/2020 at 5:47 PM, sundogak said:

+1 for the ability to select or exclude platforms from Clean Media scan. With the new deeper analysis feature and time needed to do that, it would be even more useful to target specific platform(s). For example, on my Mame and pinball platform media, I don’t want it to mess with those for various reasons.  

+1 for Clean Media on a single platform.

• Like 2

@Jason Carr: Hey Jason, I just tried running the Clean Up Media process using the new option to scan images for rough matches. After a few hours of scanning (large collection), I noticed the MOVE option. So I gave it a whirl assuming it would allow me to move the files to a directory rather than deleting them, it prompted me for a directory and I selected one I created for it, then it gave me a message that only 2 files were moved, it couldn't move the rest as they were in use. 

BTW, my most of my media is NOT stored in the default locations.

I checked the folder that was used for the "move to", and nothing was there, not even the 2 files. I am scanning again, thought I would let ya know.

20 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Wow, you sound really angry? any reason for that?

You know, im just wondering, seeing as this is a thread, for a beta, and therefore possibly completely broken features?

LOL, not angry at all. Since this is something to do with beta, should it not be posted here? 

New Feature: The Clean Up Media process has a new option to scan images for rough matches. This new option can make the clean up media process take an extremely long time, but will save you loads of disk space in your collection, especially if you download media both from the LaunchBox Games Database and from EmuMovies. The process identifies duplicate images in your collection even if they are different sizes, faded, etc. The largest duplicate image is kept, and the rest are listed for deletion.

But surely not angry at all, hope it doesn't appear that way. Just reporting.

Screenshots are from 2nd attempt

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Wanderer189