LaunchBox Community Forums

11.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thats just the welcome screen that shows when the program is updated, its hitting the internet to show some info, so i would suggest its a firewall issue on your end. You can just check the box bottom left of the window and click close, it wont show again until the next update.

Thanks windows defender firewall and Avast side is fine what ports numbers do I need? I may need to check the router

So, I'm trying the new edit screen to add some screenshots and have a few problems (I tried to record it - but when I looked back at the recording - the edit screen doesn't appear just the mouse and LB - very weird)

1 - I had already placed images in the screenshots folder - now I just wanted to associate them with the right games - the file names didn't match.

2 - It started ok - but once I hit okay - it froze for a long time (I have a large collection - up to 50k games and many playlists). Took over a minute to get any responsiveness from LB.

3 - Then I got an error about not being able to download the files.

4 - I tried again - but now the files were missing from the folder. Somehow LB erased them.

5 - Then I tried dragging them over from the original folder location (they were no longer in my screenshots folder in LB). Dragging is not possible or at least not yet?

Any ideas?

In the meantime - how do I revert back to the last version?

TBH -  I'm not sure this UI  for the edit screen is really an improvement.  I liked having almost everything in one screen. This seems to take longer to get things done. Why not just make it bigger and include more? It's not like we can access anything in LB while the screen is open anyway. Why have a small screen and multiple clicks to get things done?

• Like 3

@Jason Carr @Wanderer189 tried the image clean up with debug logs on this time, see a bunch of these in the logs:

2020-06-24 02:43:01 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace.
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
2020-06-24 02:43:01 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace.
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at (String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Paths.CreateDirectory(String path)

and then these

2020-06-24 02:50:27 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2020-06-24 02:50:27 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2020-06-24 02:50:27 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2020-06-24 02:50:27 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2020-06-24 02:50:27 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The given path's format is not supported.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
2020-06-24 02:50:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The given path's format is not supported.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
2020-06-24 02:50:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The given path's format is not supported.

Hope that helps, I'm guessing for whatever reason its not liking my image paths?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Laor said:

TBH -  I'm not sure this UI  for the edit screen is really an improvement.  I liked having almost everything in one screen. This seems to take longer to get things done. Why not just make it bigger and include more? It's not like we can access anything in LB while the screen is open anyway. Why have a small screen and multiple clicks to get things done?

It is much more work and time to add games manually that's for sure, I agree with Mr.Laor so far. I just added a couple Windows games and it didn't find default videos I had previously placed in appropriate folder. The .webm extension wasn't in the default extensions, had to change drop-down to "all files" to find them. (I get a lot of videos from Steam). I'm sure that is an easy fix though. Also noticed when you add a game manually, LB doesn't refresh to where the newly added game is, you have to scroll down to find it

Edited by Wanderer189

1 hour ago, Mr.Laor said:

Jason does advise part of the reason why they made the changes in the UI for the game edit screen. So this look is likely something that we will need to get used to if it is allowing Jason to further improve and refine the edit screen.

19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:
  • Improvement: The game add/edit dialog has been completely overhauled to allow for future flexibility and fixes a number of usability issues with the previous version (such as the multi-select dropdowns)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Laor said:

Just an opinion but - the changes can still be instituted - just making the main screen larger with more available w/out having to switch screens  - agree with @Wanderer189 - it makes manually editing even more time-consuming.

@Jason Carr

Just a quick note on this, the changes were made because we were landlocked, and couldn't really add anything new. We can't just keep making that screen bigger and bigger because then the full window wouldn't be visible on 720p displays (which are common on things like handheld devices, and when using high DPIs on TVs), so that really isn't an option. It really isn't much different this way, because all we did was move the tabs to new pages (and separated out the images). Unfortunately those changes are required and are not up for discussion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pixel said:

With OBS and multiple videos now, it would be good to have some option to delete chosen video(s) in LB. Searching them manually in the explorer can be quite tedioustidious, especially if you have thousnads of them.

You can delete them on the edit screen.

33 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Just a quick note on this, the changes were made because we were landlocked, and couldn't really add anything new. We can't just keep making that screen bigger and bigger because then the full window wouldn't be visible on 720p displays (which are common on things like handheld devices, and when using high DPIs on TVs), so that really isn't an option. It really isn't much different this way, because all we did was move the tabs to new pages (and separated out the images). Unfortunately those changes are required and are not up for discussion.

is there a chance to get two or three different types of Game Detail Edit Screens? depending on the DPI and resolution settings to make advance of higher resolution on a working screen? I am usually setting things up on a 4K screen with 100% DPI - and I like having most of the things on one screen at once. it is just an idea.

Love the new edit game interface, especially the enlarged images section. Rather than having to click through all the images however (with no idea what they will all be until you've done so), it would be great to have a list down the side of all the images, so you can see at a glance what's there and so that you could directly select and edit the one you were looking for.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 10:09 AM, Chris Kant said:

is there a chance to get two or three different types of Game Detail Edit Screens? depending on the DPI and resolution settings to make advance of higher resolution on a working screen? I am usually setting things up on a 4K screen with 100% DPI - and I like having most of the things on one screen at once. it is just an idea.

Unfortunately I think that would be way too much extra effort for an extra click or two.

@Pixel The game details side bar will show the most prioritized video available for that game, according to the video priority settings. We can probably add functionality to allow viewing more than one video in the game details side bar, but it probably won't make it into this release.

Per that error, are you getting that error when hitting the OK button? We haven't been able to replicate it as of yet.

So I appear to be having some pretty big issues since updating to the latest beta. Basically nothing seems to want to save.

When I first start importing items it gets stuck on updating from games db. Had it running for a few hours yesterday, never passed that part. Actually had to force close LB to exit it. Among playing around a bit, I tried to update the metadata from the game ui, it got stuck at the end but still exited it and seemed to update. Now when I import anything, it gets stuck on saving and never passes it.

I also then noticed that nothing seems to save to the db. I rearranged a bunch of categories, changed a few games etc. but nothing saved. Once I restart it just looks exactly the same as before I updated LB. The logs and everything appear to be fine.

Since obviously these are pretty big issues I decided to just go back to stable until the next beta. Hopefully once I go back it is back to normal and was caused by the beta and not something else. Just wanted to point out the issues here first.

40 minutes ago, Rlad said:

I got that video error changing from recording to video snap, only happened once from around 10 or so videos, and it deleted the video.

26 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I figured that out. Thanks.

I cannot even hit the OK button or anything. There is just a "freeze". When I change the type of video, even when I hover the "OK" button is it not "highlighted" as normally happens. So it becomes "freezed" totally. After the error appears, I can continue to click buttons, and they are highlighted when I hover the cursor over them etc.

Is the error happening immediately after you change the drop down, before you even hit OK?