LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

6 minutes ago, Nally said:

ok thanks.....my setup coming along nicely on my tablet.....i really wish i didnt have that problem importing my arcade games....but what can you say about old tablets lol

If you want to send me your log file, I can look to see if it's anything I can fix with that Arcade import. Make sure debug logs are enabled in the settings, then run the arcade import. Then if you send me the latest log from the LaunchBox\Logs folder, we might be able to at least identify what's going on.

40 minutes ago, rvandesteene said:

How do you get launchbox to add just the android games you want.  Mine started up and pulled in every app on my phone.  Thanks.

Android doesn't really provide us with a good way to determine what is and isn't a game, unfortunately. You can delete any non-games though and they won't show back up. You can also just turn off parsing Android games completely if you want in the options.

38 minutes ago, mosestyle said:

If possible, can you please add video preview for the games? (Video snaps) :D

10 minutes ago, Streetwise Crew said:

Just getting set up got my licence sorted and adding hundreds of games. 
Do you know what we need or tell me if I have missed it. “SEARCH” I’ve got 3,000 mame titles and no way to sort the one I’m looking for. 
Please Please Please put this to the top of the upgrades. ❤️

Yup, both of these things will be coming soon. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

Awesome!! What great news. Thanks for all you do. This is especially great news since I still can't get a replacement GPU for my living room gaming PC at anything like a reasonable price...but I do have a 2019 Shield Pro. I set up Retroarch with the best front end I could find, I forget the name... it's just not LB so I never used it....

Thanks for resuming Android development. Can't wait to re-launch LB in my living room with the Shield! Cheers

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Streetwise Crew said:

Can we make Launchbox fill the screen. I’ve tried all the settings I use for other apps but no luck with the Launchbox app. Not sure if it’s a setting that needs coding in or not. 

Thanks again. 

I'll probably have to revisit this in the code. I did play around a bit with it early on, but Android was fighting me tooth and nail at every step. I'll put that on the list. :)

• Thanks 1

Nvidia Shield Version 8.2.3(32.6.518.0) uninstalled old app and verified folder was removed from internal storage. I haven't even attempted to add a drive yet. APK is version .35. Installed restart Nvidia Shield then launched app it asked for permissions when I click allow it closes. On second launch I get "An unexpected error occurred while trying to request the necessary permissions: Read-only file system." then I Get " An unexpected error occurred while trying to initialize Launchbox folders: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." then I am left with a initializing folders screen. 

• Like 1

For anyone who has had issues starting the app on Nvidia Shield devices, we finally have the issue fixed. Version 0.36 is out now and should resolve the remaining issues.

If you need a download link, here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lhx9yq4dexto20/LaunchBox-Android-0.36.apk?dl=0

Please let me know if anyone is seeing any additional issues on the Nvidia Shield (or other devices), with version 0.36.

@Kuro Houou @SupaGrova @TheMadMan007 @dmaker @dia @smitchell6879

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So happy Android is supported again.  Thanks ETA Prime for spreading the news! Couple of little issues.  Flycast and Duckstation stand alone emulator is not available. Both function better than their Retroarch cores.  The wheel theme box art doesn't change as the wheel is cycling  and after it stops. You have to tap the title for the art to change.  Banner theme art missing for some systems.  Turbo graphics CD, neo geo mvs, Sammy atomiswave so far affected.  

Not an issue but a want.  Support for Naomi and 3DS.  Support to separate the different arcade systems like CPS. 

Great Launch version guys. Looking forward to doing all this setup again on a Steamdeck months from now!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NOVASPRITE said:

So happy Android is supported again.  Thanks ETA Prime for spreading the news! Couple of little issues.  Flycast and Duckstation stand alone emulator is not available. Both function better than their Retroarch cores.  The wheel theme box art doesn't change as the wheel is cycling  and after it stops. You have to tap the title for the art to change.  Banner theme art missing for some systems.  Turbo graphics CD, neo geo mvs, Sammy atomiswave so far affected.  

Not an issue but a want.  Support for Naomi and 3DS.  Support to separate the different arcade systems like CPS. 

Great Launch version guys. Looking forward to doing all this setup again on a Steamdeck months from now!

Thanks for the notes. I put those emulators on my list here to add. Per the wheel and box art, that's just kind of how it has to work to handle touch screens well. If you use a controller, it will work more in the traditional desktop way, but the way we have it is the most accessible way to do touch screen support. We plan to add the missing banners soon here as well.

Per 3DS, sadly, it isn't supported with any frontends, unless I'm unaware of an emulator. Both Citra and Citra MMJ are broken and won't launch any games (frontends can launch the emulators, but the emulators do not allow you to launch a game). We'll look into adding Naomi and different arcade systems though. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

1 hour ago, SpaceGurk said:

Hi, just recieved a worrying email from you that contained a number of unknown files - please explain why you attached a bunch of suspicious files.

https://ibb.co/pxWsCzx

My guess is those are images, and whatever client you are using doesnt show them directly in the email and shows them as attachments instead. I received the same email yesterday and my email client did not say that there were any email attachments at all.