About This File
The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it has enough features in place that would allow you to start building your own Themes.
(Please see Pyramids by @Rincewind)
As I have no documentation at this point, please visit my YouTube Channel as I demonstrate some of the various features.
1. Download .zip file
2. Unblock (right click on the .zip file, select properties and click on Unblock)
3. Unzip where ever you like
4. Go to the unzipped folder and go to folder ".Install these fonts first to allow the demo theme to load correctly in the editor"
5. Install the 2 fonts (these are only needed for the included Theme)
6. Click on the "COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe"
7. Fill out the setup properties (userid / name and location of the BigBox.exe )
FYI. If you wish to design a Theme in either 4:3 or 16:9 or any other aspect ratio then simply change your windows desktop settings to the desired resolution and open the editor.
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199 See changelog
- Fixed an oopsie
- Added the ability to play animated .GIFs in the editor
- Added finally... UNDO!
- Fixed COMMUNITYtcfbb.dll to perform error handling when calculating off screen position when animating
- Changed New Value limits within Animation Editor
- Fixed Application startup - looking for Platform Categories and crashed if it could not find them in the XML (@Super Mouse)
- Fixed Editor - Group Deletion, allowed the deletion of a locked UI Element
- Fixed Editor - Element Deletion, corrupted 1st element in the list changing the group name to null
- Visibility Conditions
- Custom Field Support - Text, Scroll Text, Images, Animated Gif & User Defined Video can reference Custom Fields @Coreization / @mcfilmmakers / @Faeran
- View and Edit using selected Aspect Ratio
- About Window, shows build information, associated .dll's and contributors
- Added Toolbar to main screen. controls audio, aspect ratio and view types (View/Custom Images)
- Editor - UI Element List / Properties panel is now a separate window and can be minimized/maximized and moved to another monitor @CriticalCid
- Editor - UI Element List. Can now lock, hide/show elements, visual cues added when performing drag and drop, "Animation" and "Visibility Conditions" tags added
- Audio Clips can be added to Animations
- Main Window-View preview scales accurately @HeavyRisk
- During Selection Animation Trigger @cmoss
- Main window - Initial load/display of the selected view is now smoother
- Code generation, views are now clipped. elements placed outside of the canvas will be clipped within the viewable area.
- Editor - TextFilter/TextGameList, first list item would lose focus when switching platforms/categories/playlists
- Application startup - 2 folders used to gather fonts, not always 2 on a variety of PC's, added validation. @chrisk11
- Parsing XML files, Platform Name can contain "/" which is an invalid file name, scrubbed so "/" becomes "_" @Rincewind
- Loading games via Playlist - was looking for "IsAutogenerated" which is not always included in XMLs. @Fry
- Playlist Names, they now appear as defined in the .XML instead of using the XML file name.
- All Published TextLists, fontsize was incorrectly calculated and was visibly different from the editor
- Custom Image Rendering - Platform & Playlist Names are scrubbed (invalid characters replaced with _)
- Release Date and Last Played Date default to a date format when initially adding the element to a view @Rincewind
- Playlists with no roms are now visible
** UNBLOCK the ZIP file before you UNZIP ** (right click on the downloaded zip and selection properties, then click on unblock)
If you have a Theme or Themes you are currently working on, simply drag the content of the Theme Preferences folder from your current build into this new build.
You can also drag the settings.txt from your current build into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox folder so you don't have to go through the setup
Transferring your existing work to the new version. Simply open both the new and old versions, open the old "My Theme Projects" folder and move the content to the new "My Theme Projects" folder
I have included 1 Platform and 1 Game Custom Image template for you to experiment with.
The video below will go into the creation, rendering and how to use them with your theme in greater detail.