LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

A small feature I would love to see is a previous and next button on the Edit Game Modal window to edit multiple games without going back to the main list and having to perform two more clicks to edit the next game in the list.

Another feature I would love to see is the ability to remember a specific name for emumovies to scrape with.  If I prefer to name my collection like `Game: Subtitle`  I don't want to have to change this to `Game - Subtitle` or some other obscure name just to try and get up to date emu movies content again.  Either a emumovies override field added to the Other tab, or some back end magic to handle this would be great.

• Like 1

The ability to choose two things (filters) from list view. Standard Windows controls ie clicking the second item+CTRL. Like Action + Horror, or Ubisoft + Ubisoft inc. Latter would especially make it easier to browse through and/or fix the developer/publisher mess.

• 2 weeks later...

1. In Bigbox, have a option to cycle back and forth through game lists without having to go back to the platforms menu.

2. In Bigbox, have custom icons (ei. stylized game controller) for favorites for each platforms instead of the star, so you can, at a glance, see what platform the game belong to in a list that has games from multiple platforms, especially lists with multi-platform games. (ei. you have Street Fighter II listed 4 times, but you can't see which console it's for until you look at the game details.

3. In Bigbox and Launchbox, have a way to sort a list so that favorite shows on top but then they also shows later as duplicate down in the non-favorite list. Say you favorite Megaman 2, but not the other Megaman games, you would still want to get a complete list of all the Megaman games when you scroll down the list instead of having Megaman 2 missing since it's sorted as a favorite.

4. I'm no programmer and I have no clue how feasible it is, but could BigBox be faster and snappier and have better performance overall?

To be honest, those are features from Recalbox (and other forks of EmulationStation I guess) that I found incredibly useful.

1. Not sure what you mean exactly, need more details.

2 & 3. That seems reasonable to ask for.

4. We will not be getting into a performance discussion here. You have been very vocal and made your point in several places as of late and I highly recommend you stop posting about it everywhere.

21 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

1. Not sure what you mean exactly, need more details.

4. We will not be getting into a performance discussion here. You have been very vocal and made your point in several places as of late and I highly recommend you stop posting about it everywhere.

1. Let's say my library has 3 platforms : 1. NES, 2. SNES, 3. N64. I'm currently browsing the SNES list. I would like to be able to swap directly to the NES list by pressing L-button or go to N64 by pressing R-button (I know they currently are bound to page-up and page-down). Basically, I'dd like the ability to bound a button to "Next platform/playlist" and "Previous platform/playlist".

4. Sorry about that, I don't mean to be obnoxious. All that complaining actually got me some answers and a better understanding of Bigbox. Thanks for you help and patience!

Edited by Iscariath

1. Ok, that makes more sense.

As for the performance, LB / BB is a Windows based product with a near infinite possible combinations of hardware and software along with 3 different versions of Windows. There are so many factors at play in what may cause performance issues for people. Recalbox / Emulation Station is built primarily for a Raspberry Pi which is a hard set hardware software combination, that makes it much easier to program and design for.

Only 2 things from me;

1. Launchbox remembers the tick box settings for what media to import upon importing new roms, EXCEPT for the steam games import dialogue.
presume it's a oversight as it's obviously possible in the other equivalent dialogues.

2. assignable key-commands/macros, for keys but hopefully for joypad too. Would really love a way to assign "choose random game" for example.

B

Edited by Ble3azy
  • Like 1

Turn LB into a server and create an official TV OS App for Big Box allowing you to stream/play your games anywhere in your house. I know there is already a method with GeForce experience but it would be better to have an officially established app and functionality. 

54 minutes ago, jdiegelmann said:

Turn LB into a server and create an official TV OS App for Big Box allowing you to stream/play your games anywhere in your house. I know there is already a method with GeForce experience but it would be better to have an officially established app and functionality. 

I know this isn't exactly the same thing, but I wrote a launcher that I use for BigBox + GameStream the deals with miners, multiple monitors, and let's you run custom scripts before/after streaming.  Should work with the NVidia official GameStream service or moonlight.

https://github.com/loueradun/GamestreamLauncher/releases

1 hour ago, jdiegelmann said:

While I think this would be a handy feature for some this really falls outside of the scope of this thread which is for "small" things that improve the already existing features of LB.

14 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Lol yeah need a thread called total rewrite of applications scope and goals. I would also love to see a server client model adapted by LB but don't know how well it would perform so don't know how feasible it would be.

Yep agreed, i have mentioned it myself to Jason before, but its something far outside the scope of a small thing im afraid.

Have a look here, if its been proposed before upvote it, if not create a new feature request, then fingers crossed.

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/new

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Lol yeah need a thread called total rewrite of applications scope and goals. I would also love to see a server client model adapted by LB but don't know how well it would perform so don't know how feasible it would be.

Honestly think this is beyond the scope of Launch box, there are already some decent tools for this stuff, I'd rather you guys spend your development hours on improving the core features.