LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

It is beyond the current scope but I could see it being a future direction of the application I know its the reason I use Plex over Kodi

To me this seems like something where if you wait a few years there may be some respectable third party API that could make it work without much fuss.  I think building a streaming service from the ground up would be quite a challenge.

I am a plex guy myself as well, there is something to be said about configuring everything at the server versus Kodi's whole front end config setup.  Setting up a new Plex instance is literally as easy as installing the app and signing in.

True, I always forget that's available because they have an app for literally everything it seems.  Anyways we're sort of derailing the topic at hand.

I'm just happy my only minor gripe is the deadzone for controllers in BigBox as posted above (besides the occasional hang, but what do you expect with 16gb of game metadata).  In fact I just grabbed a lifetime license after my prior one expired.  Thank you devs for this awesome piece of software.

Edited by loueradun

Okay one more small thing, if check for updates is checked please don't auto install them when launching BigBox... Launching through GameStream through a custom launcher, kicked off the installation so BigBox.exe closed and triggered the stream to end causing the streamer to kill all threads initiated by the stream (including the Launch box installer).  Broke my entire setup, hoping a reinstall will get it fixed.

Edit: Oh thank god, a reinstall fixed it.  Had to archive my metadata before I reinstalled for good measure but all looks good now.

Edited by loueradun

• 3 weeks later...

@Klopjero

I also requested this feature about 4-5 months ago. Plus, keyboard shortcut after click(highlighted) on image instead of popup.

Basic keyboard shortcuts such as DELETE (to delete the image), CTRL+C & V (copy&paste image).

Lastly, direct drag & drop support of web image (from web page to game image box).

Edited by xmas
  • Like 2

It will be cool to see a custom cursor changing feature Like in RocketLauncher -
you put crosshair .cur or .ani  files into the /cursors folder, and they are loading automatically with specific games/platforms, including setting of maximum available system size
and returning to default one after closing the emulation.

It will be useful for ones who like lightgun games and plays them WITH crosshairs, and need Mame-alike custom and BIG ones - some emus dont draw them (PCSX2), or draw a tiny ones less than win system arrow (Demul, PCSX-R) (((

In Launchbox, for the platform at the top of the screen not to be cut short when making the Game Details bar bigger as shown in these screenshots. Underlined in red in the second screenshot, you can see that Super Nintendo Entertainment System is cut short when the Game Details size is increased. 1.thumb.png.d950bd8040f10afe741ff57f5da78df0.png

2.thumb.png.2d7fe8dff905d53f24bd61cc63ac89bd.png

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but two small but really great features I think should be included are:

1. A secondary sort: usually the second games in a series are displayed first (as there usually isn't a "1" in the first one) so, let's say it sorts by Title by the first 3-5 characters, and then by release year. You can do something similar in excel using a formula.

2.  A link to open the Wikipedia article of the game when right clicking. I think it's simple and useful.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

If you edit a game and go into the other tab there is a line for a sort title

I know, but it's a hack really. If I have to do it per game series.

Not to mention that if I need to move my roms or import them again, I lose all of that data.