LaunchBox Community Forums

Vote on LaunchBox Upcoming Features - February/March 2018

Lordmonkus

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/launchboxsurvey2018

Get your votes in now, just remember that the poll results will determine the order things get added so everything barring some unforeseen problems will make it in eventually before the next poll.

Edit: Just to clarify, features with really low votes may not make it in before the next poll but they could get carried over into the next poll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Keep in mind guys that not everything on this list will necessarily make it in before the next poll. Generally, everything on the top-voted half of the list will, but things with minimal votes probably won't. Just a clarification there. :)

Of course, I undertand that. I suppose that you will make a balance betwen the most voted options / ease of implementation. Anyway we trust your good judgement :P

• Like 1

Great list and thanks for the awesome updates.

Question -- does "Custom Nested Folders" include the ability to create playlist folders?  (That's what I'm hoping for :).)

Only disappointment of the poll for me is not including "Launch version of game from another platform" which has received a lot of votes on bitbucket.  Maybe next time!

Thanks again.

R

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alnyden said:

Great list and thanks for the awesome updates.

Question -- does "Custom Nested Folders" include the ability to create playlist folders?  (That's what I'm hoping for :).)

Only disappointment of the poll for me is not including "Launch version of game from another platform" which has received a lot of votes on bitbucket.  Maybe next time!

Thanks again.

R

Yes, playlist folders are included in that item. The issue with the another platform stuff is just that we don't have any metadata for it, so we have no way of knowing what games are associated with other games from other platforms. I don't know how we'd do it outside of adding it to the games database and having people slowly match them up manually, which would take a long while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The issue with the another platform stuff is just that we don't have any metadata for it, so we have no way of knowing what games are associated with other games from other platforms. I don't know how we'd do it outside of adding it to the games database and having people slowly match them up manually, which would take a long while.

Ah, fair enough and thanks for the explanation.  Somehow GameEx did it, but don't ask me how. :) Anyway, thanks again for all the great work. 

Very curious how/if you can pull off the pause menu.  I've spent forever setting it up with RL and it is indeed a nightmare.

1 minute ago, damageinc86 said:

Seems like if launchbox can find any game with a certain name across all platforms and make a playlist out of that, surely it can find what other platforms a game is on and then let you launch it?

That would be a horribly inaccurate way to match games across platforms...

Voted, so excitied about the pause screen stuff.

23 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Because a lot of people simply don't want to use RocketLauncher.

Yep, I can't wait until the day I can get rid of RocketLauncher. I have it working perfectly fine and know my way around it and even then I want it gone, so much time wasted with that program that I could have been playing games instead. I am absolutely afraid to update the thing (done it before it it got all messed up). 

• Like 1

Voted. My favorite of them would be built in mouse cursor hider and the rotating CD thing. They don't seem to be too hard to implement. :)

As for the Rocketlauncheresque features, I don't care much about them, I have a fully functional RL and I don't use most of its features.

1 hour ago, g0d53nd said:

Voted, so excitied about the pause screen stuff.

Yep, I can't wait until the day I can get rid of RocketLauncher. I have it working perfectly fine and know my way around it and even then I want it gone, so much time wasted with that program that I could have been playing games instead. I am absolutely afraid to update the thing (done it before it it got all messed up). 

I'm in the same boat, One of the thing that makes me love Launchbox it's that it doesn't needs a lot of additional apps, it's (almost) all in one. I don't think RL is updating anymore, I haven't seen the popup window in RLUI for months now.