LaunchBox Community Forums

10.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

I will be adding an option to always show the titles, as they are currently displayed when an item is selected (overlapping the box art a tiny bit). I'm planning to put the option in the controls bar to make it easy to turn on and off.

What I specifically won't be doing for this particular theme is adding text below the boxes, because I feel like it will ruin much of the cleanliness of the theme (among other reasons, like the fact that I don't want to spend the extra time to do it for the moment). The good news is, though, as always, these themes are completely customizable, and I'm sure someone will step up and build something similar if enough people want it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

What I specifically won't be doing for this particular theme is adding text below the boxes, because I feel like it will ruin much of the cleanliness of the theme

Im in agreement here. Thats the thing with themes they are very subjective, i have searched high and low for my "perfect" bigbox and Launchbox themes, i havent quite found either yet (and im not quite sure what that "perfect" theme is for me, ill know it when i see it though), always a little niggle or two for me. At the end of the day though the same themes people have always used are still available, this just adds another one to the pile of choice that you have. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

The good news is, though, as always, these themes are completely customizable, and I'm sure someone will step up and build something similar if enough people want it.

Or if you really want it bad enough spend a little bit of time each day and learn some coding.  I have been able to tweak some themes to my liking and managed to learn enough even to release my own pause/startup themes. It really is not too daunting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Or if you really want it bad enough spend a little bit of time each day and learn some coding.  I have been able to tweak some themes to my liking and managed to learn enough even to release my own pause/startup themes. It really is not too daunting. 

meh, ill wait till you make it "good". :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Just don't get so good you can replace me, kinda liking it here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

get back to work then

I know. If @C-Beats has enough time to post on the forum that must mean coding is not getting done. 

8 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Just don't get so good you can replace me, kinda liking it here.

We're taking a bit of a liking to you too. Yeah that is not happening anytime soon. Already getting irritated trying to figure out something in a LBTheme I am doing. Time to bug Jason.....lol

Took me a moment or two, but the change is real easy to do.

image.thumb.png.5261b749f671cb74e8aca561e333d13c.png

BoxesContentView.xaml

Lines 97/98

<Border x:Name="ImageTextBorder" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Background="#DD000000"
Visibility="Collapsed" CornerRadius="0,0,4,4">

Change to 

<Border x:Name="ImageTextBorder" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Background="#DD000000"
Visibility="Visible" CornerRadius="0,0,4,4">

I like the new theme, but i think the no text is situational on certain Systems. Would love to see this have a toggle for each system, im not sure how easy that would be to do though.

Edited by MadK9

after checking the below LaunchBox has been thinking for about 10-15 minutes with the windows spinning circle after clicking on OK. (edit: just clicked OK on a random section in Options and its doing the same thing)

image.thumb.png.618abc5f8723635f2edccbcb899ac84f.png

image.thumb.png.136d2cdda8078a0728a0ae2b8d3a2495.png

After waiting some time it done it but isn't applying the center text.

image.thumb.png.35e91f293355298ea7f4d3b0e085f11a.png

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1