LaunchBox Community Forums

10.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

When the option to use the same theme everyone was using yesterday before anyone even knew there would be a change still exist I don't see how anyone has an issue just switch your theme and you are at the same point you were when there wasn't any problems with the UI.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

I do not think it is that bad it has to be called a step backwards. After all this is a beta. It is for users to test new things for the devs and provide constructive feedback. I do agree and prefer the name showing. But it is not that disastrous that the new look is a "step backwards".

Also for the blur if you do not like it just copy the default theme and rename it anything you want than edit the background view xaml and remove the blur or reduce its radius. I agree with Jason though. Without it, it is just too busy. Thankfully Jason made LB theme-able like BigBox. 

Please don't insert your own hyperbole into what I said. I never called anything a "disaster".

I specifically said I liked the new direction, but I called the removal of game titles a step backwards in usability. That's constructive feedback.

As for the blur, I think it's a good addition for the same reasons.

21 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

When the option to use the same theme everyone was using yesterday before anyone even knew there would be a change still exist I don't see how anyone has an issue just switch your theme and you are at the same point you were when there wasn't any problems with the UI.

It's an issue because this is obviously going to be the new format for LB going forward.

This is why we have betas - to provide feedback. Not all feedback is going to be positively glowing.

Jason offered a short term solution, and the complaint is being addressed.

@GreenGriffon I do appreciate your feedback, but I'll be completely honest: some of the words you used did come off as unnecessarily negative and made reading them more irritating than I would prefer. I don't communicate stuff like this usually, but in this case, I feel like it may be useful going forward. @DOS76 was just trying to make the point that you went a little bit overboard in the intensity of what you were trying to say (and I fully agree).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Having the option to have the game title text always enabled would be appreciated, Jason.

However, the game text covers now part of the box rather than being underneath. In my opinion, the way the titles were displayed previously was better.

yea id prefer an option to have titles displayed without covering the bottom of the picture if a "full time" title display was to return.  (edit: just reading, jason veto'd that so black bar it is)

The old system you could also center the titles as well, whereas here they are all justified left.  A similar option to center them for the new system would be great. 

Maybe even the option to display the title on mouseover as another improvement/refinement as opposed to having to select each game to see it. 

Also perhaps a means to remove the "black" and have just the title appear, with a font outline.  (sounds nice in theory but would have to see it)

or a means to make the black bar more transparent would be nice.

mostly love it, just a few more options surrounding titles and its a win. 

on the flip side, its forcing me to update artwork like a savage now ?

Edited by klepp0906