LaunchBox Community Forums

10.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

While we have the monkey himself here, i expext this new theme with the spacing of "Bad old Monkey" crack on.

Funny as this is what I was tinkering with early this morning. I was using a MonkeyPlexCondensed mix. It is getting redone with the new changes. I'm just not altering the naming. Do not want to alter Jason's vision too much. ?

4 hours ago, wallmachine said:

when editing a game and clicking on ok it then adds a play count to the game.

Doesn't seem to do that for me, but after I click Okay when done editing it seems to now leave the background as default and not have any details on the side while it still has the game I just edited selected. That's if it doesn't go all the way back to the top of the list where the selected game is out of sight

2 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Doesn't seem to do that for me, but after I click Okay when done editing it seems to now leave the background as default and not have any details on the side while it still has the game I just edited selected. That's if it doesn't go all the way back to the top of the list where the selected game is out of sight

I think its the following as no live refresh of data is happening after exiting the game

I open the game then exit and then go to Edit Game and click OK and the Play Count refreshes. I guess the OK is refreshing the view as I did not go out and back into it.

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 2 is out now with fixes for all the previous issues with the new theme, at least as far as I can tell. We're also working on some new retroachievements.org features from the poll, which should be out in beta form here very soon.

Does that by any chance include being able to view game titles under the boxes? Or is that coming later? I can't seem to find an option to turn them on.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Does that by any chance include being able to view game titles under the boxes? Or is that coming later? I can't seem to find an option to turn them on.

Thanks.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:14 PM, Jason Carr said:

What I specifically won't be doing for this particular theme is adding text below the boxes, because I feel like it will ruin much of the cleanliness of the theme (among other reasons, like the fact that I don't want to spend the extra time to do it for the moment). The good news is, though, as always, these themes are completely customizable, and I'm sure someone will step up and build something similar if enough people want it.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

What I specifically won't be doing for this particular theme is adding text below the boxes, because I feel like it will ruin much of the cleanliness of the theme (among other reasons, like the fact that I don't want to spend the extra time to do it for the moment). The good news is, though, as always, these themes are completely customizable, and I'm sure someone will step up and build something similar if enough people want it.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, Jason Carr said:

Per the text, I can easily add in a setting to always show the black text box on the bottom of the artwork (instead of only when it's selected), so I'll probably do that before release. The other option though is to just press control+A for select all.

Thanks @neil9000.

I guess I completely missed the part where we somehow went from, "Sure, I can easily add that option" to "Nope, not going to do it" ?

6 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Thanks.

Need to have your bottom bar shown (Ctrl-Shift-B). Right next to the add button is a check box that says text. Make sure it is checked and the text will now appear.

34 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Thanks @neil9000.

I guess I completely missed the part where we somehow went from, "Sure, I can easily add that option" to "Nope, not going to do it" ?

What he was saying there was that he would add the option to always show the game name overlayed on the box, he never said he would be adding it under the game like the old default theme.

i noticed with the new theme in regard to clear logos, If the logo is small when you select the game the text overlay swamps the logo completely.

unknown.pngunknown.png

I guess this would be more of an issue with other language logos, where you would want to see the name.

Just pointing this out, i personally have no issue with it, but thought i would mention it.

Just adding to this, When you hover over a game the box with the options comes up then the game tooltip goes over the top of that. Not sure there is a way to fix that though

image.png.33bc6f288a6cf0bffd76f3bc2aff6281.png

Edited by MadK9