LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Please do. Not a fan of the new one at all. I do appreciate the new work you did with the new one just not for me. Guess should make it so the badge option does not even show if your using the old theme because everyone will flood that very ? that enjoys the old them thinking why no badges ?but then again we will still demand too have those features for all. 

Only if you plan on not adding badges to the old theme but hopefully you will keep supporting it as it is nice and clean look. Think I like like colors of how the UI looks better the most. Keeping it old skool.?

Thanks 

Edited by Krakerman

On 1/31/2020 at 11:33 PM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• Fixed: Badges were not showing up with dynamic box sizing disabled
  • Fixed: An error in the Simplified Chinese translation was causing crashes related to the updated View menu
  • Fixed: The Multiple Discs badge wasn't showing up properly for games with only two discs

badges still have the same issue. dynamic box sizing on and off - different views (Box, 3D Box, Screenshot etc). with Clear Logo the Badges are completely hidden. I tried it on the uncommon System NES ?

5 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

badges still have the same issue. dynamic box sizing on and off - different views (Box, 3D Box, Screenshot etc). with Clear Logo the Badges are completely hidden. I tried it on the uncommon System NES ?

Working just fine here, are you using the new theme?

1318590367_Screenshot(289).thumb.png.81b36bc58e7e78ee8c18195933452d12.png458583516_Screenshot(290).thumb.png.223e52c1ec0a8d8aad0744e498caef43.png

if new theme is meaning default, than yes

932156956_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-02um12_45_02.thumb.png.cf6bfacc451d6bb84a461094eac2f7d0.pngand badges are also activated

112551363_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-02um12_45_20.thumb.png.7ef281f32a1c6826b9eb70edfc0d1014.png

you can see next on the upper right side an fav star showing - but mostly under micro machines.216405301_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-02um12_47_04.thumb.png.101be29ef26fc22ea48fcd54356f4145.png

btw: I don't like the theme with resizing boxes. it takes ages for reloading everything. and when you working on the database entry per game, and press ok - then you can wait again seconds before everything is ready for setting up the next game. and I doubt having everything on two separate SSDs is the reason for this. I assume it is because having "too many games and too many playlists" ? I guess bringing a real database like sql instead having everything in xml files will boost the system up, or looking for using the RAM better (I have 32gb ram) 

Edited by Chris Kant

10 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

if new theme is meaning default, than yes

932156956_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-02um12_45_02.thumb.png.cf6bfacc451d6bb84a461094eac2f7d0.pngand badges are also activated

112551363_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-02um12_45_20.thumb.png.7ef281f32a1c6826b9eb70edfc0d1014.png

you can see next on the upper right side an fav star showing - but mostly under micro machines.216405301_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-02um12_47_04.thumb.png.101be29ef26fc22ea48fcd54356f4145.png

You have your boxes ever so small, i wonder if thats the issue? As you can see my snes with boxes show the badges just fine, but i do have them bigger with more space between the images.2074665382_Screenshot(291).thumb.png.1c9eb7048d76262f6340059bfe797cb6.pngAlso it could be related to your "Box Spacing" settings, im guessing if you have no, or very little spacing between boxes there is no space for the badges to show.

1268355247_Screenshot(292).thumb.png.359e2bfd04dd35728d6e6a63d66e5ce2.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

that's the issue. I made the spaces as low as much to have as many covers on the pages without loosing space.

so, Jason needs to cover this as well.

136217157_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-02um12_57_00.thumb.png.bf430e5a5fb5f1ba4bc4af2605d666f8.png

Yeah im not really sure what Jason could do there without overriding a users chosen settings. If a user has removed the spacing/padding between images there simple isnt any space to show the badges. So in order to have the space to show the badges he would likely need to ignore your chosen settings  there, which then leaves the question of why have the settings if they need to be overridden to show the badges.

Looks like something went slightly wrong with sort titles in this version (just discovered the issue, not sure when exactly this happened).

Originally, the sort titles went in this order: for example, "Deus Ex 1", "Deus Ex 2", "Deus Ex 3", "Deus Ex 3.1", "Deus Ex 4"

Now, the game auto sorts them like this: "Deus Ex 1", "Deus Ex 2", "Deus Ex 3", "Deus Ex 4", "Deus Ex 3.1"

Something broken recently, or working as intended?

On 2/2/2020 at 4:35 AM, Chris Kant said:

at least an warning information that there could be a conflict between those two options

Good point. I'll add a warning message on the custom spacing options.

17 hours ago, ZeSystem said:

Is there any documentation where we can look up on adding new badges via plugins?

I need to update the plugin documentation yet, but I'll do that here shortly.

12 hours ago, glaymore said:

Looks like something went slightly wrong with sort titles in this version (just discovered the issue, not sure when exactly this happened).

Originally, the sort titles went in this order: for example, "Deus Ex 1", "Deus Ex 2", "Deus Ex 3", "Deus Ex 3.1", "Deus Ex 4"

Now, the game auto sorts them like this: "Deus Ex 1", "Deus Ex 2", "Deus Ex 3", "Deus Ex 4", "Deus Ex 3.1"

Something broken recently, or working as intended?

We recently changed the sorting algorithms to sort 1 before 10 instead of what it was doing previously. I'll have Christian take a look to see if can improve/fix the situation with decimals.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 4:51 PM, ZeSystem said:

Is there any documentation where we can look up on adding new badges via plugins?

Just added the plugin documentation for badges here:

http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com/html/bf6f20f4-45eb-8c23-f279-cb14afd4d585.htm

You can implement that IGameBadge interface just like you would implement any other plugin. Create a class for your badge that implements IGameBadge, throw it in a DLL, and of course put it in the LaunchBox plugins folder.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2020 at 7:05 AM, neil9000 said:

Yeah im not really sure what Jason could do there without overriding a users chosen settings. If a user has removed the spacing/padding between images there simple isnt any space to show the badges. So in order to have the space to show the badges he would likely need to ignore your chosen settings  there, which then leaves the question of why have the settings if they need to be overridden to show the badges.

The solution here is simple: If badges are enabled then spacing of 0 = whatever the badge spacing requires. If badges are disabled then spacing of 0 = 0.

• Like 2

@Jason Carr @C-Beats

Im trying the new IGameBadge interface, not sure if im doing something wrong. Heres my code:

public class Class1 : IGameBadge
    {
        public string Name => "PS3 Trophies";

public string UniqueId => "PS3Trophy";

public System.Drawing.Image DefaultIcon => new Bitmap(Properties.Resources.Gold);

public int Index { get; set; } = 0;

public bool GetAppliesToGame(IGame game)
        {
            return true;
        }
    }

The first time I load this and click "Show PS3 Trophies" from the badge drop down menu. I get a load of system drawing exemptions and LB will close. If I then start LB again all is well, im assuming all is well on starting LB again because the embed image gets copied to Launchbox/Images/Badges and over rides the embeded image. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by jayjay

I'm not as familiar with the new plugin interface as I have been knee deep in unrelated code. If I had to take a stab in the dark I would guess it is the DefaultIcon getter and the Bitmap constructor. Properties.Resources.Gold IS a bitmap, no need to try and create a new one. Also can cause memory issues because you are creating a new one every time it gets called (which I assume is every game that it gets put on).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wally said:

Hi,

Can I set Custom Badges? How?

If not, can you add a Homebrew badge please?

With this badge, I wont need to create extra categories (Atari 2600 Homebrew, Commodore 64 Homebrew etc)

Thanx

Jason mentions this in his post. 

On 1/30/2020 at 4:40 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, the first 10.11 beta is out now with the following:

• .......The images can be changed and the badges can be enabled or disabled via the new Badges drop down at the top of the LaunchBox interface. Plugins can also be used to add new badges.