LaunchBox Community Forums

11.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Was asking more along the lines of "Where in LaunchBox or Big Box are you not seeing them play correctly?" Add/Edit form? Games Details?

If you want send me in a PM one of your platforms xml files (\\Launchbox\Data\Platforms\) that uses the legacy video paths heavily (preferably a data file produced before the beta if possible) and I may be able to get a better understanding what you are seeing.

I don't believe I have any Data from a previous official release, but what I'm saying is videos don't play at all in BigBox where the Game Details usually show Screenshots unless the video gets copied over to LaunchBox\Videos\...

In Edit for LaunchBox they can be previewed, but no sound. I'm installing Beta 6 now as I type this, but that's how things were in Beta 4. Thing is the ones I previewed were in LaunchBox\Videos\...

Hopefully I'm explaining this correctly so nothing gets confused any further. Wish I could find a way to show exactly what's going on

9 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I don't believe I have any Data from a previous official release, but what I'm saying is videos don't play at all in BigBox where the Game Details usually show Screenshots unless the video gets copied over to LaunchBox\Videos\...

In Edit for LaunchBox they can be previewed, but no sound. I'm installing Beta 6 now as I type this, but that's how things were in Beta 4. Thing is the ones I previewed were in LaunchBox\Videos\...

Hopefully I'm explaining this correctly so nothing gets confused any further. Wish I could find a way to show exactly what's going on

What do you have checked in your video priorities? What are the categories of the videos in question?

32 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

What do you have checked in your video priorities? What are the categories of the videos in question?

Pretty much anything that is untouched and not placed in LaunchBox\Videos\... is set this way. I just now try to preview it, and I get a black screen. I have yet to see in BigBox how it does, but my guess is it won't play in BigBox as if no video has been set:

image.thumb.png.76ca3afc016e34a15c499850dd944574.pngimage.thumb.png.009bfe5f42f72fc993a76dd3086b7522.png

Edited by RULLUR

40 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Pretty much anything that is untouched and not placed in LaunchBox\Videos\... is set this way. I just now try to preview it, and I get a black screen. I have yet to see in BigBox how it does, but my guess is it won't play in BigBox as if no video has been set:

image.thumb.png.76ca3afc016e34a15c499850dd944574.pngimage.thumb.png.009bfe5f42f72fc993a76dd3086b7522.png

Can you attach one of the video files here? Do they play in an external video player?

@Jason Carr: Hey Jason, I know sometimes some of us may complain about some of the changes (me included), and sometimes you catch a bunch of flack from some of the community, but I want ya to know I thing you do an incredible job with most of your decisions. A couple things that worked in LB 10 that I miss though are, when you add a new game manually, it would try to guess the name of the game and fill it in for you and it would also focus on that game when you said OK. 

Will those things come back as you work on this beta?

You do an absolutely incredible job with LB, be proud dude, I know even most of complainers are....haha

Edited by Wanderer189

9 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Thats a incredibly long path in the first image, could the new form be running into to character number limits @Jason Carr @C-Beats?

13 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

@Jason Carr: Hey Jason, I know sometimes some of us may complain about some of the changes (me included), and sometimes you catch a bunch of flack from some of the community, but I want ya to know I thing you do an incredible job with most of your decisions. A couple things that worked in LB 10 that I miss though are, when you add a new game manually, it would try to guess the name of the game and fill it in for you and it would also focus on that game when you said OK. 

Will those things come back as you work on this beta?

You do an absolutely incredible job with LB, be proud dude, I know even most of complainers are....haha

Thanks Wanderer. Can you explain those issues in more detail? I'm not following.

55 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I've finally reproduced RULLUR's issue. I think it might have to do with relative paths that are custom.

Awesome! Hoping I don't have to mess with any of the directories and just leave things as is around the next Beta or so. If things can be worked back to how they were, then for sure I can hope to get the ones that copied over to LaunchBox\Videos\... all cleaned out and save me even more space again. I think only very few Platforms still managed to copy over to LaunchBox\Videos\... but at least it's not a few 100 or 1,000+ games I would have to change back to the old directory though. I really hope it can be done back that way again, because that will also save me all the hours and days I put in on having everything set to play based on region and so much else to differ from each version a game is presented as

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks Wanderer. Can you explain those issues in more detail? I'm not following.

1. When I would add say a windows game manually, I would start with clicking the "ADD" button, then I would go to the browse to enter the path to the game, most of the time if the games executable was the same as the game title, it would auto populate the Title for ya. All you would have to do is click on the search for media button. Now when I do the same procedure, I have to copy and paste the title of the game into the title field before I can search for the media (and now they are in 2 different places)

2. When I finish adding a game manually, use to, when you would click OK, the dialog box would go away and return you to LB, but it would focus on the game you just added. Now it just returns you back to the top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer189 said:

1. When I would add say a windows game manually, I would start with clicking the "ADD" button, then I would go to the browse to enter the path to the game, most of the time if the games executable was the same as the game title, it would auto populate the Title for ya. All you would have to do is click on the search for media button. Now when I do the same procedure, I have to copy and paste the title of the game into the title field before I can search for the media (and now they are in 2 different places)

2. When I finish adding a game manually, use to, when you would click OK, the dialog box would go away and return you to LB, but it would focus on the game you just added. Now it just returns you back to the top.

This is pretty much what I was saying in my post from yesterday about returning from editing anything you have no game selected.

• Like 1

Beta 7 is out now with the following:

• The game details sidebar in LaunchBox now populates correctly after closing the Add/Edit dialog
  • When cancelling the Add/Edit dialog, some validation errors were still being shown
  • In the add/edit dialog, pressing Enter while focused on the Title text box was not working properly
  • Hopeful fix for legacy video paths not being used in all situations
  • When manually adding a game, the Title text box is now populated automatically when browsing for the ROM or startup EXE file (like the old dialog)
  • New games are now selected after adding them (if they show up in the current platform/filter)
  • Link (.lnk) files are no longer de-referenced when browsing them in add/edit (and a few other places as well)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much @Jason Carr! You Rock! Beta 7 totally fixed the video directory problem, and I even went to see if it did some sort of weird copying over to LaunchBox\Videos\... and turns out all is well. Nothing copies over to play or anything like that at all. Looks like all is well like it was before. Again I thank you a ton for getting this problem fixed to where I don't have to really do anything extra, but leave things as is, and maybe delete what is left over in LaunchBox\Videos\... to save up some space.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new release, some awesome features there! 

Just tried recording a video for some games with OBS integration, Resident Evil 2 and Mega Man 11, and both do record and end up in C:\Users\xxx\Videos but they never get copied to my specified folder "Videos\OBS"

And I never get a prompt if I want to use the video as a snap for my game.

Any ideas?

24 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

which one LaunchBox or BigBox? Unfortunately its the same for me.

1 hour ago, mcfilmmakers said:

OMG Just installed version 11... it is responsive AF! Amazing!

There should be no difference in performance anywhere really. Perhaps @mcfilmmakers is referring to the delays that were in the old betas?

5 hours ago, ZeSystem said:

Games still cannot share the same video. Each just rename the videos and the previous game that was using it loses the association.

We'll look into this.

6 hours ago, e2zippo said:

Congrats on the new release, some awesome features there! 

Just tried recording a video for some games with OBS integration, Resident Evil 2 and Mega Man 11, and both do record and end up in C:\Users\xxx\Videos but they never get copied to my specified folder "Videos\OBS"

And I never get a prompt if I want to use the video as a snap for my game.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you've set it up incorrectly, I think. The OBS videos folder setting should be pointed at the folder that OBS puts recordings into, not the destination that videos should end up in. Once associated, videos will end up in the platform's videos folder for the game that was run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1