LaunchBox Community Forums

11.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

@RULLUR

You can edit the platform (right click and hit edit or go to Tools > Manage Platforms >  Find the the platform and hit edit. Change the video folder to the folder you want the videos saved and they should all save there and not in \\Launchbox\Videos (which is the default value).

It seems that some applications with application command-line perimeters are not longer launching properly. For example I have DOOM set to launch via DOSbox.exe with the line "J:\GOG Games\DOOM\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" as application path. I load the DOSbox config via the command-line perimeters "-conf "..\dosbox_doom.conf" -conf "..\dosbox_doom_single.conf" -noconsole -c "exit"" and it simply brings up DOSbox.exe when launched and then closes it without loading the game. Some games work and others don't now. Duke Nukem 2, which I have set up in the game with, with identical code save for the name "duke2" in place of "doom" works, but DOOM doesn't. Also, the .ink shortcuts included with GOG, which I copy and paste to make my Launchbox shortcuts are working, but it doesn't work when launched through Launchbox. All of these apps were working on the last version (10.15) of Launchbox as well.

EDIT:

I just restored version 10.15 and those applications are working, so something is up with the new build and application command lines.

Edited by Gill Figno

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@RULLUR

You can edit the platform (right click and hit edit or go to Tools > Manage Platforms >  Find the the platform and hit edit. Change the video folder to the folder you want the videos saved and they should all save there and not in \\Launchbox\Videos (which is the default value).

I tried that option, and was think that was a possibility the other night too when I redid all my Platform Intro Videos and seen that section, but the result was it didn't do anything. All clips still won't play unless copied over to LaunchBox/Videos/...

Found an issue; the date had previously been in the format DD-MM-YYYY, which is the correct format for my part of the world (UK) as well as some others. Now, the date seems to default to MM-DD-YYYY. Could it please be possible to either set the date format to the system settings, or have a toggle within Launchbox? 

1 hour ago, Retrofrogg said:

Found an issue; the date had previously been in the format DD-MM-YYYY, which is the correct format for my part of the world (UK) as well as some others. Now, the date seems to default to MM-DD-YYYY. Could it please be possible to either set the date format to the system settings, or have a toggle within Launchbox? 

Pretty sure its always been in the US format, thats not a change. All the dates in the database are in US format, so thats obviously what shows in Launchbox, i have never seen them show in the UK style.

The dates may have been in US format in the database, but Launchbox had definitely shown them in DD-MM-YYYY format for me before the change to the edit window (I have been going through a big list of games to edit so I noticed the change immediately). Odd regarding your experience since you're in the UK also.

I had assumed that Launchbox had previously simply taken the system settings for date display and applied it to the game edit window. This would seem to be the sensible option either way and can hopefully be taken forward. Hopefully one of the devs can comment. 

Edit: screenshot added as an example.

sktr01c.velika.jpg

Edited by Retrofrogg

Regarding the new feature to search media for rough matches, is there any way to set up how rough the match should be? Even though i must have 1000's (if not 10000's) of images that are mostly identical, it only found a handfull of them.

Even though i can explain practically all of them, for example a change in hue, or a different score in a high score list, or very subtle changes on start screens, i'd really wish it would make matches a bit rougher. I wouldn't mind some false positives as the screens would be mostly identical anyway.

8 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I tried that option, and was think that was a possibility the other night too when I redid all my Platform Intro Videos and seen that section, but the result was it didn't do anything. All clips still won't play unless copied over to LaunchBox/Videos/...

Doesn't play where? Just tested and I'm still able to play the video from the AddEdit and within in the Game Details screen.

2 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

The dates may have been in US format in the database, but Launchbox had definitely shown them in DD-MM-YYYY format for me before the change to the edit window (I have been going through a big list of games to edit so I noticed the change immediately). Odd regarding your experience since you're in the UK also.

I had assumed that Launchbox had previously simply taken the system settings for date display and applied it to the game edit window. This would seem to be the sensible option either way and can hopefully be taken forward. Hopefully one of the devs can comment. 

Edit: screenshot added as an example.

sktr01c.velika.jpg

What dates aren't showing in the correct format in the new form?

@C-Beats Yeah, I was referring to the game release date, as displayed in the game details pane and the edit game window - see attached screenshots. It's displaying as MM-DD-YYYY whereas the date for my location should be displayed as DD-MM-YYYY. As mentioned above, I'm pretty sure that the date was displayed the correct way prior to the update to the edit game window. I've also attached a screenshot showing the system date as DD-MM-YYYY.

Annotation 2020-06-30 165239.png

Annotation 2020-06-30 165212.png

Annotation 2020-06-30 165057.png

13 hours ago, Gill Figno said:

It seems that some applications with application command-line perimeters are not longer launching properly. For example I have DOOM set to launch via DOSbox.exe with the line "J:\GOG Games\DOOM\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" as application path. I load the DOSbox config via the command-line perimeters "-conf "..\dosbox_doom.conf" -conf "..\dosbox_doom_single.conf" -noconsole -c "exit"" and it simply brings up DOSbox.exe when launched and then closes it without loading the game. Some games work and others don't now. Duke Nukem 2, which I have set up in the game with, with identical code save for the name "duke2" in place of "doom" works, but DOOM doesn't. Also, the .ink shortcuts included with GOG, which I copy and paste to make my Launchbox shortcuts are working, but it doesn't work when launched through Launchbox. All of these apps were working on the last version (10.15) of Launchbox as well.

EDIT:

I just restored version 10.15 and those applications are working, so something is up with the new build and application command lines.

Hi Gill, we're having trouble reproducing this as an issue. First off, I would recommend not setting games up like that, because it's much cleaner and easier just to use the built-in DOSBox features than to force it yourself. Regardless, I happen to own DOOM on GOG, and actually set up a new game with the exact same settings (same application path and parameters) as you posted above, and it worked just fine, so I'm lost on this one. If you want to pursue this further, please zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder.

small issue I'm seeing  when you edit a game  save changes it goes back to LB with no game selected even though the game you just edited is still highlighted it won't allow you to select that game again until you select another game 1st and then go back,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Doesn't play where? Just tested and I'm still able to play the video from the AddEdit and within in the Game Details screen.

For me it doesn't play a clip from any other directory unless it's copied into LaunchBox\Videos\...

Most games still have the old directory to them, and the videos are there too, but something isn't letting them play. I'd hate to go to each of them and set the directory to LaunchBox\Videos\... and hassle with that making a copy per game which takes up space. I'm trying to wait it out now and hope the next Beta or so lets me use my old video directory the way I used to before these Betas messed it up. Part of me wants to drop out of the Beta and just roll back to the previous official release since it wasn't like that and hopefully all my old video directories will work again, but I know that's not gonna help resolve the issue in the long run because next official release will then likely suffer the same video directory problem.

So for now I'm trying not to mess with the video directories in hopes something gets fixed in the next Beta that can get them to run correctly like they used to in their old directory, especially all the hours and days I spent getting most of them set before all this happened. I just don't wanna frustrate myself any further, so I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed and just stick to getting the proper artwork set for these games until you guys get it fixed.

24 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

For me it doesn't play a clip from any other directory unless it's copied into LaunchBox\Videos\...

Most games still have the old directory to them, and the videos are there too, but something isn't letting them play. I'd hate to go to each of them and set the directory to LaunchBox\Videos\... and hassle with that making a copy per game which takes up space. I'm trying to wait it out now and hope the next Beta or so lets me use my old video directory the way I used to before these Betas messed it up. Part of me wants to drop out of the Beta and just roll back to the previous official release since it wasn't like that and hopefully all my old video directories will work again, but I know that's not gonna help resolve the issue in the long run because next official release will then likely suffer the same video directory problem.

So for now I'm trying not to mess with the video directories in hopes something gets fixed in the next Beta that can get them to run correctly like they used to in their old directory, especially all the hours and days I spent getting most of them set before all this happened. I just don't wanna frustrate myself any further, so I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed and just stick to getting the proper artwork set for these games until you guys get it fixed.

Was asking more along the lines of "Where in LaunchBox or Big Box are you not seeing them play correctly?" Add/Edit form? Games Details?

If you want send me in a PM one of your platforms xml files (\\Launchbox\Data\Platforms\) that uses the legacy video paths heavily (preferably a data file produced before the beta if possible) and I may be able to get a better understanding what you are seeing.

Some superb additions there. Love the idea of making our own snaps. Will be brilliant for MFME too (fruit machine emulator) as I use laumchbox for that and you can't find snaps for the fruit machines online most of the time. 

Great work as always Jason. Well done ?

• Like 1