LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

18 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Well, if it helps any, since I installed fresh, appears to only be related to Windows platform, so I am not sure I agree it is a system stability issue. If that were the case I would think it would do it on all platforms or on all themes, ya know?

Things that DID work:

1. Changing the Game list view to anything other than Vertical 3
2. Just about any other theme I have tried (don't know of another theme that does the full size videos like CriticalZones).

I believe it has something to do with how the CritialZones are playing the videos in full screen or maybe something in how the code that is calling it to do that, I really don't know. There is some type of conflict with it somewhere, I am trying to find another theme that does full screen and see if that can help see if it is maybe some type of up-scaling issue from Windows or something.

I am running Win 10 (w/2004 update, 1080ti with updated Nvidea driver (08-17-20)

I did try WMP and it does the same thing.

UPDATE: I just tried Unified Redux with Game list Vertical view 4 and it works fine as well, it does the full screen similar to CriticalZone (as far as displaying, not sure how it is called)

I see. I'm still puzzled on this, as I can reproduce any of it. It is interesting that it's happening with both VLC and WMP. To me, that means that it's not likely video related.

18 hours ago, wallmachine said:

its freshly re-imaged and launchbox 11.2 works

Also puzzled here, and running out of ideas. All I can figure is maybe a corrupted .NET install, or something of that nature (or maybe anti-virus interference?).

17 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I'm also kinda experiencing similar issues. I even at times have where if I use my controllers I'll have a very rare moment where it scrolls to the right or scrolls down on its own. I don't experience it every time I do BigBox, but only on extremely rare moments at random. I'm trying to figure out what may've been done in the moment it happens, but I have yet to really figure it out on my end as to why it does this. None of my controllers do this when in a game is all I know

This would have to be some sort of stray controller or device, as the movement would have to be triggered by something.

I was planning on releasing today (I even have it all uploaded), but unfortunately it turns out I can't because so many files are falsely being triggered by anti-virus engines. Bane of my existence. For some reason this time around it's so bad that I'm going to have to re-code some things just to be able to release. One of the engines that's being triggered is Symantec (what a terrible piece of software, sigh), but it's so commonly used that I really can't just put it out anyways. Back to the drawing board...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This would have to be some sort of stray controller or device, as the movement would have to be triggered by something.

I used to use the Afterglow PS3/PC Controllers as the only USB Wireless Controllers, but now have switched to all Bluetooth Controllers which are 2 XBOX One Controllers, 2 Hyperkin Admiral 64 Controllers, and 2 8bitdo M30 Controllers which used to be 2 Retro-Bit SEGA Saturn Controllers until I had too many problems with those that even Retro-Bit themselves haven't gotten back to me in fully resolving the issue, so I prefer the M30 now. Thing is I make sure only 2 controllers are on at once at a time. One of the main reasons I switched the Retro-Bit Saturns to 8bitdo M30s was with the Firmware Update they never stopped saying "Connected" even when turned off or sleeping to where other controllers were forced to being Controller 3 & 4 while those other 2 refused to go back to "Paired" which caused issues in MAME and a few other games too. Even when I'd hit SELECT with those Retro-Bit Saturns I'd get the Pause Menu which we all know should only happen when using the Home/Guide button instead.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is how I do things now with controllers I just don't know what is causing it to scroll like that when every controller seems fine and nothing else is turned on but 2 controllers in a set at a time and go back to "Paired" once they are turned off or sleeping. I've heard rare cases where something interfere with the signal of wireless stuff causing to screw up, but unsure if this is actually the case or not since I just never experienced this happening when I play games, just extremely rarely on BigBox. I think the only time something drifted off was when the batteries were dying on an XBOX One Controller while playing on MAME, but that's about it. I remember the scrolling happened while using other controllers while the XBOX One Controllers were turned off as well. I'm trying to give as much detail as I can remember to maybe figure out what exactly could be causing it

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I was planning on releasing today (I even have it all uploaded), but unfortunately it turns out I can't because so many files are falsely being triggered by anti-virus engines. Bane of my existence. For some reason this time around it's so bad that I'm going to have to re-code some things just to be able to release. One of the engines that's being triggered is Symantec (what a terrible piece of software, sigh), but it's so commonly used that I really can't just put it out anyways. Back to the drawing board...

That sucks, and I kinda understand you want a product that doesn't trigger any anti-virus because all that does is worry people into thinking LaunchBox is bad for them, and then likely come here one by one to state the issue only to sort of unintentionally annoy the Moderators, and we all know how the rest of that goes. All in all I have faith in you that you'll work a miracle of many as you do in getting it to the level you and the rest of us hoped for.

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Also puzzled here, and running out of ideas. All I can figure is maybe a corrupted .NET install, or something of that nature (or maybe anti-virus interference?).

only have windows defender on this PC and I turned that off too. The .NET was installed from LaunchBox. I tried also manually downloading it.

13 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

only have windows defender on this PC and I turned that off too. The .NET was installed from LaunchBox. I tried also manually downloading it.

On the PC that is having issues, does it work to delete the LaunchBox\ThirdParty\CefSharp folder and then run the latest beta setup?

31 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

On the PC that is having issues, does it work to delete the LaunchBox\ThirdParty\CefSharp folder and then run the latest beta setup?

nope, see attached

not sure?

"

New Fix for CLR20r3 Event Issues
We have a new development with this issue and that’s why we’ve update this article. Somebody reached out to us with the following:

I had this same issue. In my case, a required dll file wasn’t being copied over to the debug/release folder after compiling. As a fix, I added the dll as a project ‘Existing item’ file and chose to “Copy always” in the Solution Explorer->{File}->properties."

error1.txt error2.txt info1.txt info2.txt Debug 2020-08-25 08-43-19 AM.log

Edited by wallmachine

I had to revert the 11.3 release earlier because of setup issues. I've discovered two issues so far that I've been able to fix:

• The setup was trying to install .NET Core 3.1.6 and failing when .NET Core 3.1.7 (or later) was already installed
  • For some reason, CefSharp/Chromium had files in use and could not be overwritten

11.3-beta-18 is out now to resolve those two issues. There may still be additional issues to resolve, but I'm hoping this will cover the issues.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, even Windows Defender was getting in on the false positive action. I just finally put out the official 11.3 release, and it shouldn't trigger any false positives. Only took me 4 hours to screw around trying to get past them all. Hopefully 11.3 is a stable release.

Norton Antivirus is finally a happy camper on my box on Beta 18. It isn't falsely trying to quarantine the bigbox.dll, even with a direct scan of the files. 

Edited by sundogak
noted which beta version

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@wallmachine Thanks for the info and logs. Can you test beta 18 to see if it fixes the issue?

still no dice. Its not showing up in CP anymore. I selected don't create start menu folder but it still is.

image.thumb.png.024882e41c21c6d6df40aa732876ed44.png

2020-08-25 01:37:22 PM Resolving assembly System.IO.FileSystem.resources, Version=4.1.2.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM Resolving assembly System.IO.FileSystem.resources, Version=4.1.2.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM All necessary config files and folders now confirmed to exist.
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM About to initialize WPF App constructor...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM Resolving assembly CefSharp.Wpf, Version=83.4.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM CefSharp assembly path: E:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\Chromium\x64\CefSharp.Wpf.dll
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM CefSharp assembly path found, loading...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM Resolving assembly CefSharp.Core, Version=83.4.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM CefSharp assembly path: E:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\Chromium\x64\CefSharp.Core.dll
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (0x8007000B)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.km2maCZMql1(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs e)

Edited by wallmachine

6 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

still no dice. Its not showing up in CP anymore but even though i chose not to create Don't create start menu folder.

image.thumb.png.024882e41c21c6d6df40aa732876ed44.png

2020-08-25 01:37:22 PM Resolving assembly System.IO.FileSystem.resources, Version=4.1.2.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM Resolving assembly System.IO.FileSystem.resources, Version=4.1.2.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM All necessary config files and folders now confirmed to exist.
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM About to initialize WPF App constructor...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM Resolving assembly CefSharp.Wpf, Version=83.4.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM CefSharp assembly path: E:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\Chromium\x64\CefSharp.Wpf.dll
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM Resolving assembly CefSharp.Core, Version=83.4.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138...
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM CefSharp assembly path: E:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\Chromium\x64\CefSharp.Core.dll
2020-08-25 01:37:23 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (0x8007000B)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.km2maCZMql1(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs e)

image.png

Same issue as we're dealing with in this thread:

But I can't for the life of me figure out why it's not working on certain machines...

6 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

wanna remote in?

That might be really helpful, actually, but I'll need to do some prep first.

Actually, I might have just stumbled on the ridiculous issue. I found this:

Make sure `VC++ 2015 Redist` is installed (either `x86` or `x64` depending on your application)

Does it happen to work if you download and install this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

That might be really helpful, actually, but I'll need to do some prep first.

Actually, I might have just stumbled on the ridiculous issue. I found this:

Does it happen to work if you download and install this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

that fixed it.

To remove it from start menu even tho i unchecked it should i wait and see if the offical release removes it or should i just remove it?

image.thumb.png.d99fda386794b0b6b3aeb3ac4b0f0027.png

Edited by wallmachine

Just now, wallmachine said:

that fixed it.

Well holy crap. Thanks for helping me figure out. Now, what I absolutely do not understand, is how completely fresh installations of Windows 10 are working for me without that. But I guess we will cut our losses and add that to the installer lol.

I blame Google. This is all because we updated to the latest version of Chromium.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/af/08/2faf08d9de04058321e96e6a8e9e02ca.gif

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, Jason Carr said:

I see. I'm still puzzled on this, as I can reproduce any of it. It is interesting that it's happening with both VLC and WMP. To me, that means that it's not likely video related.

@Jason Carr Hey bud, Just thought I would let ya know. I'm still having the lock up problem with BB in my Windows platform using the CritialZones with the 11.3 Official release. I went back to v11.2 and everything works fine. I was going to update thru each beta version to see if I could narrow anything down with a particular beta version, but the problem was re-introduced with the first update (11.3.1).

Then I deleted, tried installing 11.2 and doing a update straight to 11.3. Still has the problem.

I have removed all custom playlists, platform videos, playlist videos, plugins, pause and startup themes, I am Just installing LB and copying over my data folder. It sure has me stumped. Just thought I would let ya know. If I didn't have over 400 Windows games, I would try deleting the platform and adding back, but that would takes days to manually add them all back.

@Jason Carr UPDATE: I found where the problem is coming from, sorta. It has something to due with me storing my video snaps on a mapped RAID drive. For some reason it is only affecting the Windows platform, as all other are working okay on the same drive. If I move the Windows video snaps to any other drive (including a different non-RAID mapped drive, both the CriticalZones work just fine. SO I am assuming that the RAID drive is affecting it somehow since testing on other mapped drives is working???

Well, after further investigation, it some paths in my "Platforms.xml" all along, not RAID drive. So sorry for all the trouble & headache Jason

Edited by Wanderer189