LaunchBox Community Forums

11.7 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I just wanted to report that I am still getting random lockups when editing games. I had previously thought that the issue was resolved but I have been editing a lot of games the last few days like dragging images into Media Images via the edit menu and things like that. I thought it might have been the LaunchBox theme I was using so I switched back to the default theme and it was still locking up randomly while editing games. I think it was mainly happening when closing the edit game window or using right mouse click to open it. Back on 11.6 the lockups would eventually let you regain control of LB but these lockups I am having to ctrl-alt-delete to close via task manager as the windows spinning circle will just keep spinning.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kmoney said:

I just wanted to report that I am still getting random lockups when editing games. I had previously thought that the issue was resolved but I have been editing a lot of games the last few days like dragging images into Media Images via the edit menu and things like that. I thought it might have been the LaunchBox theme I was using so I switched back to the default theme and it was still locking up randomly while editing games. I think it was mainly happening when closing the edit game window or using right mouse click to open it. Back on 11.6 the lockups would eventually let you regain control of LB but these lockups I am having to ctrl-alt-delete to close via task manager as the windows spinning circle will just keep spinning.

I actually had a similar lockup this morning going into Tools/Options in Launchbox, had to end task.

• Like 1

In the new beta 3 in the Download Images and Media Window the uncheck all and the check all buttons registers but it doesn't actually remove or add check marks in the boxes. Also you have to double mouse click in the boxes to get a check mark to appear or disappear in that same download media window, I don't remember having to double click previously but maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmoney said:

In the new beta 3 in the Download Images and Media Window the uncheck all and the check all buttons registers but it doesn't actually remove or add check marks in the boxes. Also you have to double mouse click in the boxes to get a check mark to appear or disappear in that same download media window, I don't remember having to double click previously but maybe I'm wrong.

I can confirm the check/uncheck all not working. As for the double click its sort of that but also not, its just that you have to highlite the item row first, so its not a strict double click, its just that you first highlite the row and then click again to actually check/uncheck.

• Like 1

I noticed one other thing before beta 3 on the emumovies side of the Download Media/Images window if you previously had videos, manuals and etc. Launchbox would detect you had that media already and not prepopulate a check mark in those boxes. Beta 3 has a check mark in those boxes even though that media already exist. 

• Like 1

So even in the new Beta that I have tried on my ThinkCentre it has trouble with the Clear Logos listed in the games again and not even showing the text to ones that don't have a Clear Logo yet. At this point I pretty much edit with my Laptop and then copy it all over to the ThinkCentre.

23 hours ago, meshflesh said:

Ever since I updated to latest launchbox beta....In big box, recents and favorites thumbnails are missing on the console list screen.   

Anyone else with this issue?

I thought that was because I'm running on a different device now from i3 Laptop to i7 ThinkCentre, but yes I too am not seeing the Recent and Favorites in the Platform listings on BigBox along with the Clear Logos and texts of game titles not all showing up there as well. Sometimes it helps when I back out of a Platform and go back in for some of the game titles to show up, and even sometimes when I scroll they start to reappear. Thing is sometimes I even scroll and ones that haven't shown up just never show up, but I find a few that did on the list as I go down it as if there is all these random gaps on the list where some games want to list their title, and some don't. I really wish I knew a proper solution since the ThinkCentre is gonna be made like a game console for the Living Room, and I don't want it looking buggy for my family to where they get frustrated with it.

In the current betas the edit screen does not update "on the fly" like the old one did, which causes many more clicks in certain situations. For example matching a game and getting media for a game that was not identified at import. Right click the game and go to edit, click the search for metadata box receive correct game so click on that to fill the database ID and game info. Then proceed to the images page of the edit and click on the download media button and the window that pops open is completely empty of media. So you actually have to close the edit window out completely and then re-open it and navigate back to the Images section and click on the download media button again, which will now find all associated media just fine.

TLDR,

You have to add the database ID and info then quit the edit window and then re-enter it to download media, as the info that the game now has a database ID and game info doesnt seem to be saved/surfaced until you actually OK/Exit the entire edit dialog window.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 5:47 PM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: Significant reductions in Big Box RAM usage and requirements

• Download Images and Media window has been overhauled

• Fixed: Column headers in the Audit window are now copied when copy and pasting the grid from LaunchBox to spreadsheet applications

After I downloaded beta 3 since you released it I have not had a single lockup while editing games and such, so I am not sure if something in the beta helped or not but I have been editing games just as much as before and its been solid.

• Like 1

• kmoney featured this topic
11 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

The Check all and Uncheck all button in the Download Media dialog don't seem to do anything anymore, also, you have to double click the checkboxes to toggle them for some reason. Tried on my custom theme and the default theme, same thing happened on both.

I can confirm this is happening as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suhrvivor said:

The Check all and Uncheck all button in the Download Media dialog don't seem to do anything anymore, also, you have to double click the checkboxes to toggle them for some reason. Tried on my custom theme and the default theme, same thing happened on both.

1191320476_2020-10-05(2).thumb.png.99a2961a0eb37bcdd6197636010b5a7e.png

To expand on this, clicking "Uncheck All" only visually doesn't uncheck the boxes.  Test:  [Luigi's Mansion Wii] LaunchBox tab - click Uncheck All (check boxes remain checked).  Emu Movies tab - manually uncheck all boxes except one.  Clicking download only downloads 1 image.   Test-2:  Click Uncheck All on both tabs (boxes remain visually checked), click download and nothing downloads.  

• Like 1

I'm using version 11 beta 3 and experience lock-ups when changing to an alternate ROM as the default in the edit screen. For example, changing any of the CPS-3 ROMs to the NOCD version as the default results in a hang each time. Fresh LB install, new Windows 10 install.

I'll add to the other comments about the 'recent' lists not working (all my recents show up as thin blue vertical lines). I've deleted the caches and deleted all the themes, though I only use the default theme as I find it to be the most clean and functional. I tried some other themes and they exhibit the same behavior. 

Thanks all for the reports. Beta 4 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: LaunchBox now requires a 64-bit version of Windows, which significantly reduces the download and installation sizes. Very, very few users are using a 32-bit version of Windows at this point, so it does not make sense to continue supporting it at the expense of disk space and download sizes.

• Improvement: The Bulk Edit window will now offer to migrate your game media for you when changing platforms

• Fixed the issues with the download image checkboxes

• Fixed the issues with recent and favorite boxes not showing up in Big Box

• Like 3

On 10/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, RULLUR said:

So even in the new Beta that I have tried on my ThinkCentre it has trouble with the Clear Logos listed in the games again and not even showing the text to ones that don't have a Clear Logo yet. At this point I pretty much edit with my Laptop and then copy it all over to the ThinkCentre.

Can you explain this again? I'm not following.

On 10/3/2020 at 6:33 PM, goofers said:

It's not clicking the boxes properly in the artwork selection editor in Launchbox, when choosing Launchbox DB or EmuMovies bud!

Same here. Can you re-explain?

On 10/5/2020 at 12:41 PM, Jason6300 said:

I'm using version 11 beta 3 and experience lock-ups when changing to an alternate ROM as the default in the edit screen. For example, changing any of the CPS-3 ROMs to the NOCD version as the default results in a hang each time. Fresh LB install, new Windows 10 install.

Are you getting the hang immediately when you click the "Make Default" button, or when you press "OK" on the Edit dialog?