LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL platform video set 2.1.5

(13 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS IT ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. I hope you like it ! ?
Here are planned development axes:

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.fed9b06df75df2a59326dc522e4b2af0.jpg

# HERE IS COLORFUL PLATFORM VIDEO SET:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Platform Video Set:
A complete new series of platform video for our frontend!
Colorful is a modern and elegant way to present each platform, with its hardware of the time. With maximum accuracy and future proof. (4K video) 

# I NEED YOUR HELP PATREON ?
I will make a first batch of 65 systems, according to my personal use.
But we are far from covering any game system!
If the community doesnt take over the creation, 2 choices:   the project stops  /or/  I finish it.
Problem, creating these videos takes a loooooot of time. And I have to deal with a full-time CGI artist job and 2 young kids.
So I opened a Patreon page that could allow me to dedicate days on my work time to continue creating video.
I'm not trying to get rich, but like everyone else, I cant spend 1 day/week working for free! I hope you understand.
If the project interests you: Here is my Patreon page.

Colorful_video_set_detail_by_viking.thumb.png.7dae58fccf97422fecda2c114aea0409.png# IN DETAIL ?
Obviously, Colorful is a direct legacy of my previous video set "Nostalgia". But improved on all aspects:

• Centred design with colorful background, according to the platform. (theme/logo/box/design)
  • 4K video (3840x2160px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • HD video (1920x1080px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • Only available in 16:9, but design compatible with 4:3 crop.
  • All designs are completly rebuilt.
  • More care of details.
  • More TV variety and better accuracy.
  • Arcade cabinet fully made in CGI, by myself. More variety and better accuracy.
  • Added characteristic effect on CRT TV.
  • Added platform boot screen. (if existing)
  • All sources will be available soon. (Community effort!)

# ABOUT CODEC FORMAT ?
Initially, I was thinking of working in H265, more modern for 4K. But after talking with Jason, this is problematic on some old configuration and with Windows Media Player, which doesn't support it.
So, I will leave you the choice!

• 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h264 AAC 
  • 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h265 AAC   (only on EmuMovies FTP)
  • HD | 1920x1080 | mp4 h264 AAC

- On this download page = Only 4K - h264
 -
On Download theme videos tools = both, 4K + HD version
 -
On EmuMovies FTP = The 3 versions!

# A PREVIEW OF ALL THIS ?

Colorful_video_set_by_viking.thumb.jpg.d611cb3280cc2f0a2f470b30a179b966.jpg

# A COMMUNITY EFFORT ? 
Yes, all sources are available on a dedicated page.  Everyone can create their own videos that will be included here, in this set. 
Some rules to follow:
  - Advertise on this thread which platform you want to achieve.
  - Post the work in progress on the same thread, for exchange/feedback.
  - Post the final video + sources on the same thread or by MP. To avoid scattering and centralize everything here.
  - I will moderate the general quality of your proposals for a coherent result.
So, I acting like a modertor on this thread.

Do you want to participate? Cool !! I post soon a guideline tutorial !

🏆 Community Wall of Fame 🏆

# OK, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
3 ways :

1. One by one - right here, with the download button at the top right.
  2. Automatically - in LaunchBox > Tools > Download theme videos tools > Select "Colorful 4K" or "Colorful HD"
  3. By batch - On the Emumovies   FTP ://Official/Platform Videos/COLORFUL Platform Video Set by VIKING V2

selection_video_set.thumb.jpg.e971069d2e3e312a954df6f74a5a2406.jpg

# SPECIAL THANKS : 

• @Jason Carr for his hard work on LaunchBox/BigBox!
  • @faeran for his huge work on the theme!
  • To all Patreon guys! A GIANT THANKS to all of you!!! ?
  • The whote community for yout support!

# SOURCES - COPYRIGHT :

• Each brand of hardware and software here represented as a tribute.
  • Emumovies for (most) gameplay videos
  • The Vanamo Online Game Museum for (most) photos.
  • If special credit, see .TXT file in the corresponding source archive.

Edited by viking

What's New in Version 2.1.5   See changelog

Released

Little UPDATE today  =)
Thank you for your patience!

• Like 50
  • Thanks 22
  • Game On 2
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @Platinum and thx for your feedback.  =)

About your feedback:
1 - Normally, this is not an empty area. You must have the platform name in text. But yes, I have in mind to modify this "wheel"  screen. I will soon release a "Banner Set" based on my videos to help me ;)
2 - This empty space aims to leave room for the very long game title and allow breathing. But anyway, this "GamesTextList" view is going to be totally change.

You will find a preview of the future view here.
And on the theme, @faeran kindly took over the lead on development. It will totally rewrite the code.

@viking Nice, this is it.

I'm glad to see there is more into it. I can't wait for the new release.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Supporting u is the least we can do here. 

😍😍😍

Edited by Platinum
  • Thanks 1

Hi @viking, I really love your theme and would love to use it, but I can't. I have Launchbox version 11.10 and I get the following error:

image.thumb.png.94b3857d874230abf43c616a8378fc8e.png

Can you or someone else help me, please?

Edited by cirdansky

12 hours ago, cirdansky said:

Hi @viking, I really love your theme and would love to use it, but I can't. I have Launchbox version 11.10 and I get the following error:

image.thumb.png.94b3857d874230abf43c616a8378fc8e.png

Can you or someone else help me, please?

Please read the fist text part here.
Faeran is totally rewriting the theme. Try the beta version (see link above).

10 hours ago, Madhead said:

One of the best! Is there a Vectrex platform video anywhere? Seems to be missing?

Yes, missing for now, but planned ;)

On 10/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, viking said:

Please read the fist text part here.
Faeran is totally rewriting the theme. Try the beta version (see link above).

Yes, missing for now, but planned ;)

Thats great news then! I've also noticed that theres a few playlist videos such as Namco System 22, Sega S-TV and Sega Lindbergh that don't have videos yet. You have made Nostalgia ones for them but not Colourful videos so they don't match up quite right with the theme. I'm sure you're probably aware of this, there's no rush I'm just pointing it out.

But I was wondering if you could help me out with something? Some of the platforms video colours don't quite match up with the side bar like these images show.

I think I know why it may be, might not have the exact same name as what you assigned them in the xml? But i'm not sure.  The same problem with Windows, MSX 1 and 2 and  PC Engine. These are obviously minor problems but would you know how to make the green bar match the colours of the videos like on the rest of them? Like do I edit an XML somewhere?

Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!

1.png

2.png

• Like 1

@Jason Carr I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but for the last year now, I have noticed that I can download every other Colorful 4K video except the pinball ones using LaunchBox’s “Platform/Playlist/Category Theme Videos…” I can only see the HD versions of the pinball videos (Category and Platform) available. Every other category released to date is available in 4K except the pinball ones. The thing is, I can manually download the 4K versions of the pinball video here or from EmuMovies but they don’t seem to be accessible using LaunchBox’s automated tool for pulling down these videos.

14 hours ago, Hifihedgehog said:

@Jason Carr I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but for the last year now, I have noticed that I can download every other Colorful 4K video except the pinball ones using LaunchBox’s “Platform/Playlist/Category Theme Videos…” I can only see the HD versions of the pinball videos (Category and Platform) available. Every other category released to date is available in 4K except the pinball ones. The thing is, I can manually download the 4K versions of the pinball video here or from EmuMovies but they don’t seem to be accessible using LaunchBox’s automated tool for pulling down these videos.

It's all based on platform name, and the file name on the server. It looks like @viking has them set up as "Pinball" platform category videos for Colorful.

• Like 1

Even though they are not really separate systems, I would love to see Windows 98 / Windows XP. There would be something extremely nostalgic about hearing those startup sounds and then booting up Warcraft!

Amazing hard work! Much appreciated the time and effort.

Would it be possible to download the PSDs of the newly added systems? Such as Midway Classics arcade. I searched for them in the Colorful Resources thread, wasnt able to find it.

Much appreciated.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:36 PM, viking said:

What a strange platform! Never heard of!
Do you have any links or references?

It's what the sega genesis was called in south korea. or was it the master system ? hmmmm.

ah .. it's the genesis/megadrive 

Sega Mega Drive 2 Super Aladdin Gam Boy Samsung Console MD Korean rare | eBay

Super Gam*Boy – MegaBites (wordpress.com)

Edited by Klopjero

Hey @viking, I just downloaded the Nintendo Wii platform video and I noticed there's some crackling on the preview of the wii system menu at the beginning.  I was just wondering if you were aware of this.

Edit: It's happening on the wiiware video as well.

Edit 2: I have created versions of the Wii and Wiiware video that fixes the audio issue.  I've attached them to this post.

Edited by AncientCarthage
  • Thanks 2

Just need a Visual Pinball one now and I can finally switch over to these for a consistent theme for my collection.

Its great to see all the new systems added, especially those a little more unusual like N-Gage and Game.com.
Just wanted to ask if some of Game Parks platforms such as GP32 will be added?

On 5/14/2022 at 9:44 AM, Hazuki said:

Its great to see all the new systems added, especially those a little more unusual like N-Gage and Game.com.
Just wanted to ask if some of Game Parks platforms such as GP32 will be added?

Yes, at some point. =)

12 hours ago, Scarletic said:

Hi! Where can I find "Media>Hardware Set" images for new platform videos like Nokia N-Gage or Sharp X68000?

It will be available with the next theme update

• Thanks 1