LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme 2.03

(22 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS COLORFUL MEDIA SET ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. Hope you like it!!

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.cc3347194aedf12be1e85d8640be0d23.jpg

OFFICIAL COLORFUL ASSET :

RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY ASSET :

# HERE IS COLORFUL THEME FOR BIGBOX:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Theme for BigBox:
Design for work with my platform video set, COLORFUL THEME is thought to be used on the big screen (TV) in gaming console mode.
Modern, elegant and animated are the key words of this interface.

The COLORFUL project is getting too big for me alone.
@faeran  has taken over the source code of the theme. A BIG THANKS to you for your support and your precious help !! :x

# IN DETAIL ?
The main features :

• 16:9 only. (Works on other ratio, but with black bands)
  • Full 4K asset. (Any resolution must work, 4K assets)
  • Totally responsive. No resolution deformation on text size or placement.
  • Because of the white/black background, some ClearLogo comes with the theme.
  • Gamepad connection indicator & battery level.

# RECOMMENDATION ?
Any design choice gives limitations. Here are some recommendations for this theme :

• LaunchBox/BigBox up to date.
  • VLC highly recommended.
  • Design for work with COLORFUL platform video set. (but you can use any video you what)
  • Beware of full white/black ClearLogo. They will be invisible on Light/Dark views!
  • I didnt test this theme on a lowend configuration. There may be slowdown. (Curious to have your feedback on this subject!)

# COOL, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
2 ways

1.  In Windows : Right here, with the download button. Extract the "Colorful" folder and place it in your "LaunchBox/Themes" directory.   (dont rename it!)
  2.  In BigBox : Option > Theme manager > Found "COLORFUL - Light" or "COLORFUL - Dark"

# HOW TO EDIT ?
You can now edit this theme within the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files below (current version from the CTC 2.3):

# SPECIAL THANKS !

# CREDITS !

# BY FILE, EVERY CUSTOM VIEW SUMMARY  (Here in LIGHT. Same principle/animation for DARK)

• PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.c5efedc6b7a6e4bd4962a12beeee0aec.gif
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.c22bf2a1583f94b203079adde1f813e4.gif
  • WheelGamesView.xaml :
  •  474073990_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.43f1b19a91943b09dd8d76b8d0947516.jpg
  • Wheel2GamesView.xaml :
  • 634414446_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.7bfa1eeb24d854f4d380e139c60f5a1e.jpg
  • TextGamesView.xaml :
  • 555591633_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.cf0e7cbf54f36b556cd4aba64dae5171.jpg

What's New in Version 2.03   See changelog

Released

• Fix animations in certain views when backing out of the Game Details menu.
  • Potentially other small fixes here and there.
  • Like 56
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 5
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the fixed hex codes here, they worked for me, so let me know if they work for you or not

ScummVM- #e7931a

Sammy Atomiswave- #3abd70

SNK Neo Geo CD- #ae90e4

• Thanks 1

I have four Hex codes for you @viking that fixed the problem for me.  Hopefully These help in the long run.

Sega Genesis = #b72d2e

ScummVM = #e7931a

Sammy ATomiswave = #3abd70

SNK Neo Geo CD = #ae90e4

If anyone else runs across this problem and doesn't have photoshop, you can upload a screenshot of your screen and test different hex codes here= https://imagecolorpicker.com/en, then once you have it change the appropriate hex code in the corresponding .xaml file (depends on your platform view)

Edited by AncientCarthage
  • Thanks 3

More hexes that fixed some other consoles for me.

NES = #ba2f42

Saturn = #5a79d9

N64 = #1ab761

Thanks for the website suggestion carthage.

Edited by CutTheRug
  • Thanks 1

Love the theme but I get this error coming back from a platform to the platform view:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.10
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void OrderInvalidAttribute(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Views.ImageVideoView.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.OrderInvalidAttribute(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.<.ctor>b__18_0(Object s, RoutedEventArgs a)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedControlHost.<OnInitialized>b__22_0(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

6:58:21 PM Exception

Currently testing the new theme. Great enhancement! I have a weird behavior though, black screen when no video available using Wheel2GamesView.xaml. Aren't screenshot supposed to show up then?

Thanks for this release!

13 hours ago, kobaturtle said:

Currently testing the new theme. Great enhancement! I have a weird behavior though, black screen when no video available using Wheel2GamesView.xaml. Aren't screenshot supposed to show up then?

Thanks for this release!

Having the same issue along with exiting game details page will show an entire blank page in game selection screen with only audio.

I downloaded the latest files in this thread, and installed them. In the theme manager within big box though, it reports as version 1.0 (not 2.x), and says there is an update to 1.1 available.

27 minutes ago, NaugrimOhtar said:

I downloaded the latest files in this thread, and installed them. In the theme manager within big box though, it reports as version 1.0 (not 2.x), and says there is an update to 1.1 available.

Because 2.0 is not available from within Bigbox yet, so it is unaware of this version. That manage theme section is really meant for managing themes that are downloaded from within Bigbox, not for themes from the forums.

I'm having an issue within theme creator where I keep getting errors when trying to edit any of the game views. Anyone else having the same problems?

14 hours ago, RJOrlando95 said:

This is the error I was mentioning.

gamesview error.png

If you want to catch the eye of the dev that works on the CTC, best post this in his thread.

Is this laggy for anyone else when browsing games with the text list view?  I think it's the art that loads that causes it, but not sure.   Don't have an issue with art loading in other themes with this view.

I noticed that ps vita's system view has no console picture. Its in the files but is not displaying, I changed the file name to sony psp and it shows up under psp. So is the file name wrong? Its called Sony PS Vita.png, I cant find a reference to .png's in the view files. It seems like an easy fix if I understood what I was doing. lol.

8 hours ago, Rexnebular said:

I noticed that ps vita's system view has no console picture. Its in the files but is not displaying, I changed the file name to sony psp and it shows up under psp. So is the file name wrong? Its called Sony PS Vita.png, I cant find a reference to .png's in the view files. It seems like an easy fix if I understood what I was doing. lol.

Platform image names will need to match how your platform is named in your specific set-up. So in this case there was just no Sony PSP.png renaming the Vita one helped.

• Thanks 2

One more question. I want to add a clear logo to the FM Towns system. How would I do that? the clear logo folders under theme are empty and the Platforms folder under Images is also empty.

FM Towns Marty.png

40 minutes ago, Rexnebular said:

One more question. I want to add a clear logo to the FM Towns system. How would I do that? the clear logo folders under theme are empty and the Platforms folder under Images is also empty.

FM Towns Marty.png

You can add them to your main image library. If you add them to the theme's image folder then only that theme will use the image. This is a good method if you want specific logos to go with specific themes. However, If you want any theme to use them then add it to your main \Launchbox\Images\Platforms\[Platform Name]\Clear Logo folder.

H

46 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

You can add them to your main image library. If you add them to the theme's image folder then only that theme will use the image. This is a good method if you want specific logos to go with specific themes. However, If you want any theme to use them then add it to your main \Launchbox\Images\Platforms\[Platform Name]\Clear Logo folder.

Hey Retro, I tried that but it didn't seem to work. I tried them in the theme folder as well but no luck. My last problem was naming could this be a wrong name situation too?logo wheel.mkv

8 hours ago, Rexnebular said:

H

Hey Retro, I tried that but it didn't seem to work. I tried them in the theme folder as well but no luck. My last problem was naming could this be a wrong name situation too?logo wheel.mkv

The clear logo image name needs to match the platform name exactly as you have it named on your set up. If it does not show when added to the correct folder than you need to clear your image cache. In BB settings there is an option to clear the image cache. 

Hi there, I'm new to Bigbox. Just installed Colorful Light theme but something is going wrong in platform view.
After choosing the system (e.g. CDTV), instead of seeing the system image over the colored background, a black box overrides the system image.

Can somebody help me?

image.thumb.png.3eb1c2f13ad15dcbfb42fa073816d01f.png

You have to download the platform videos separately.
In LaunchBox > Tools > Download > Platform/Playlist Themes Video

You select Colorful HD or 4K, and clic download.

This is definitely my favorite so far but I do have an issue with missing system logos. The ones missing are NEC TurboGrafx CD, Nintendo Famicom Disk System, SNK Neo Geo Pocket, SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color, and Microsoft MSX.

I am very new to this so sorry if there is an obvious solution I didn't see.

MissingConsoles.png