About This File
The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it has enough features in place that would allow you to start building your own Themes.
(Please see Pyramids by @Rincewind)
As I have no documentation at this point, please visit my YouTube Channel as I demonstrate some of the various features.
1. Download .zip file
2. Unblock (right click on the .zip file, select properties and click on Unblock)
3. Unzip where ever you like
4. Go to the unzipped folder and go to folder ".Install these fonts first to allow the demo theme to load correctly in the editor"
5. Install the 2 fonts (these are only needed for the included Theme)
6. Click on the "COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe"
7. Fill out the setup properties (userid / name and location of the BigBox.exe )
FYI. If you wish to design a Theme in either 4:3 or 16:9 or any other aspect ratio then simply change your windows desktop settings to the desired resolution and open the editor.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11 See changelog
- Fixed an application startup issue (goofers)
- Added New Feature - Create your own Custom Images!
- Changed Fallback Filename for Image and Animated gif to allow lookup using platform name
- Fixed Platform Fan art was not displayed in the Creator as it was not looking at the launchbox\images folder (Rincewind)
- Fixed Playmode and Genre Image UI Elements, 4th image was not showing (cenfundog)
- Fixed Creator to show metadata images, videos etc.. when a game title includes " (Faeran)
** UNBLOCK the ZIP file before you UNZIP ** (right click on the downloaded zip and selection properties, then click on unblock)
If you have a Theme or Themes you are currently working on, simply drag the content of the Theme Preferences folder from your current build into this new build.
You can also drag the settings.txt from your current build into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox folder so you dont have to go through the setup
Transferring your existing work to the new version. Simply open both the new and old versions, open the old "My Theme Projects" folder and move the content to the new "My Theme Projects" folder
I have included 1 Platform and 1 Game Custom Image template for you to experiment with.
The video below will go into the creation, rendering and how to use them with your theme in greater detail.