LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

2 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

That's a killer video, but what about an alternate video with something more retro gaming related featured?  The song there is also great.

I have plenty of videos to choose from already that are 80's inspired. Why not do something new? It's also an optional video, not standard with the default theme.

• Like 1

Sorry for the forums issues guys; I am in the process of moving the forums over to the new server (it's the last piece to move). I think I might be causing some temporary issues. Also, we might have to put the forums in read-only mode for a few hours once we're ready to do the actual move (I'm thinking tomorrow morning might be a good time to do this).

On 1/25/2017 at 5:37 PM, Jason Carr said:

- Improvement: A new %gameid% variable can be used when launching emulators to help with game identification

Please elaborate..Is this is response to the ticket i opened regarding passing variables to AHK when launching a game? How can I use this?

3 minutes ago, igotdvds said:

Please elaborate..Is this is response to the ticket i opened regarding passing variables to AHK when launching a game? How can I use this?

This variable can be used in the emulator command line to pass the game's ID; it came up in the live stream and I went ahead and implemented it because it was a 2 minute job. Unfortunately AHK variables would be a separate thing.

8 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This variable can be used in the emulator command line to pass the game's ID

What does this mean exactly? What is the use scenario for it? How is it different from the %romfile% variable?

The new server seems to be working great!

• Like 1