LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

7 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

Oh yeah if anyone didnt know, CriticalZone and CityHunter have been updated to 1.7. New views and performance gains. Check them out!

Also by popular demand, i have reverted back to the original font styles.

Is there an option to use the new font? I actually kinda preferred it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

So it's having an issue searching for and matching games in bulk mode. I'm wondering if maybe it's a culture issue since everything is working fine in my testing. Where are you located, @ckp?

I'm near Sacramento CA. I never had this issue with my mame games that were imported several LB versions back. but just yesterday i deleted all my mame games to import my new killer no filler set in the latest LB and this is where i see the issue of it not using my gameplay screenshots that are indeed in the LB gameplay screenshots folder. i "assume" (but i have no idea really) that it is not filling in the screenshots in bulk mode because none of the recently imported mame game seem to have a LB game id when i edit them manually. so if i edit one manually and just try to download the gameplay screenshots, it will get nothing until i click the search metadata thing to pick a mame arcade game from the drop list which gets me a game id and then it lets me d/l the gameplay screenshots.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Hahahaha. Poor @keltoigael. I whined that I liked the old one @Zombeaver. :P

Hahaha no worries.

I like the shape of the original font, but the way it's sortof dotted/segmented makes it look a little weird to me when it's scaled down in Big Box.

I guess I could always just replace it with something else myself. I love browsing through 1001 Fonts anyway.

Darnit, I guess I will go ahead and release as an alt. Is there anyway to rearrange the download list when we upload? I hate bring down all the files just so I can have things in order they way I want them. Sorry I am OCD.

Example, every time I load a updated version of the theme, its placed at the bottom of the list. So I remove all the large background files, re-upload everything in the order I want them listed as.

T_T

Any one know if this is a theme thing or a Big Box thing...in the new beta 7.6 using the updated Critical Zone there is one view I love which has game boxes at the bottom that scroll horizontally and video and description above.  This works great.  But in other systems like Arcade where I have the game being displayed as a clear logo those are now boxes as well.  My question after all that rambling is, can you not customize box art on one system and logos on another and cartridges on another system when you flip between them with the Critical Zone theme?

5 minutes ago, staticfade said:

Any one know if this is a theme thing or a Big Box thing...in the new beta 7.6 using the updated Critical Zone there is one view I love which has game boxes at the bottom that scroll horizontally and video and description above.  This works great.  But in other systems like Arcade where I have the game being displayed as a clear logo those are now boxes as well.  My question after all that rambling is, can you not customize box art on one system and logos on another and cartridges on another system when you flip between them with the Critical Zone theme?

It depends on the view. Some views are hardcoded to use a particular image type, while others can be switched up with the Switch Image Type key or button.

I'm going to go ahead with the official release here shortly, even though we still haven't figured out @DOS76's issue. We'll get back to that soon.

Scream at me if anyone notices any issues with the 7.6-beta-3! It'll take me a bit yet to get the release put out.

1 hour ago, staticfade said:

The 2 new views are only allowing 2D Boxes. I had to make some compromises because they are using a modified version of a Wheel instead of CoverFlow. So unfortunately, you have the use the similar looking View with the Clear Logos instead for Arcade games. I hope that this won’t be a problem anymore once @Jason Carr adds different views for each platform in the future.

@Jason Carr I got this error when switching from LaunchBox to BigBox just now,only had it happen one time thus far. I am not sure if I copied the whole error or not, sorry if so.

Spoiler

Version 7.6-beta-3

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'MainForm'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Music.<>c__DisplayClass64_0.<MediaOnParsedChanged>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr I got this error when switching from LaunchBox to BigBox just now,only had it happen one time thus far.

Hide contents

Version 7.6-beta-3

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'MainForm'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Music.<>c__DisplayClass64_0.<MediaOnParsedChanged>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Gotcha, thanks @kmoney. Still gonna proceed with the release; looks like it's just an odd random thing that happens if it tries to switch music tracks or something while you click the Big Box button. It's on my list though to fix for the first 7.7 beta. :)

• Like 2

@Jason Carr I'm very happy to report that this beta has fixed the controller issues for me! I attempted several times with multiple games on both CCS64 and Demul and in both cases the controls worked perfectly (weren't tied to Big Box). Woot! Thank you!!!

The only thing that I encountered was twice when launching Demul I had the problem where the background music didn't resume after exiting. It wasn't every time though - I probably started/exited about 10 times.

Also @CriticalCid and @keltoigael the performance/hitching issue I mentioned before with the horizontal clear logo view is completely gone now! I love the new horizontal box view too!

• Like 3

@Jason Carr

So I did my little test:

Installed a fresh version of LB onto a different PC (internal HDD; updated it 7.6)

Created a platform for SNES

Imported 10 SNES games into LB

Scraped only for music and videos from EmuMovies (no other art)

Booted up into BigBox and enable the prioritize background music over videos option

Went into the Game View and started scrolling, waiting about a half second on each game and....

Version 7.6

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

:(

• Like 1