LaunchBox Community Forums

9.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

I must be the only person who doesn't care for an Android version. I would much rather see features that made it higher on the poll get priority. I mean what's the point of a poll if the results don't mean much? I understand why Android is the focus, it will generate more money. I just think it's a little silly to say the poll is the reason it's being worked on first, when it barely made the top 10. I also imagine that for the foreseeable future, Android development will take away from features that made it higher on the poll.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kondorito said:

@Jason Carr will the LB Android version be synced with the Windows one, or after importing the data to it they will act separately?
I am thinking that it would be great to have LB Android on the go so we can update missing metadata/media/content, and then when loading up LB Windows, to have the option to sync them and get the updates done on Android.
Makes sense?

The feature set between Android and Windows is far too different to really do a proper back and forth sync. That might be possible in the distant future, but not for the time being.

20 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

Linux,

Still-Waiting-Meme.jpg

Let's turn those bones to dust. ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Omen said:

I must be the only person who doesn't care for an Android version. I would much rather see features that made it higher on the poll get priority. I mean what's the point of a poll if the results don't mean much? I understand why Android is the focus, it will generate more money. I just think it's a little silly to say the poll is the reason it's being worked on first, when it barely made the top 10. I also imagine that for the foreseeable future, Android development will take away from features that made it higher on the poll.

Over 30% of our user base wants an Android version. I've never tackled poll items in perfect order; that's not how development works. I'm tackling Android now for quite a few reasons:

• It requires some structural changes that need to be done earlier rather than later (so they don't take more time later)
  • It's going to be an ongoing project, so I feel like I should get started on it soon
  • I'm excited about it

The poll results mean everything; the top 20 features will be the features that I focus on for the next year or so. Stop casting such a negative light around here please; it's just unmerited and unnecessary, and doesn't do anyone any good.

• Like 3

This is still Jason's show last time I checked and basically based on all the other software I used I've never been offered a user poll to pick features anywhere else so I say that that unto itself is something unheard of. So anyone questioning what he chooses to work on 1st should take a step back and relax. Shit most of the features I wanted (that would add functionality) didn't even make it into the top 20 but you don't hear me crying because LB isn't about me and at the end of the day I as an individual have no say in what gets done around here and basically neither does anyone else except Jason. Hopefully this isn't the last poll we get offered due to all the negative feedback on the results.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

The poll results mean everything; the top 20 features will be the features that I focus on for the next year or so. Stop casting such a negative light around here please; it's just unmerited and unnecessary, and doesn't do anyone any good.

I think a lot of apprehension is probably to not understanding what is meant by Android support.

From the poll: 

New Paid Android Version (Select Games on the Desktop, Export to Android)

I think the perception is that Android being a prominantly mobile OS, that the current desktop view is just going to be directly ported to Android, noteably small phones, and that just doesn't seem realistic or practical to take a visually big GUI and cram it into these device screens.

I'm not worried. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I think for many reasons the whole Android version will do so well for various reasons more than one's own phone. Now LaunchBox can be on Tablets, Set Top Boxes, NVIDIA Shield, and other Android-based Consoles including the GPD XD series. My Wife @Haydee & I are excited for all this even though we all know it may take a while for it to even look about to the level of the PC version..yet we're staying tuned

Yes, I can't wait to see what new ideas this alone will bring to the table....can't wait!!!

• Like 2

It's impossible to maintain any level of energy and enthusiasm for a project if you don't once in awhile shake things up.

If Jason is excited about working on an Android version, he needs to do what inspires him. Creative energy is something that needs to be fed.

• Like 4

Uh really trying to stay out of Drama ?..  But seriously how many Other Softwares of any kind not just the other Frontends out there sees this level of development and even more how many developers takes so much feedback and brings new features and options based on the feedback...ll wait?

Before the polls we had the feedback thing I forgot the name   @Jason Carr  it could be fun seeing what was on the old voting list bitbucket I think it was ?

?

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ALIE said:

Uh really trying to stay out of Drama ?..  But seriously how many Other Softwares of any kind not just the other Frontends out there sees this level of development and even more how many developers takes so much feedback and brings new features and options based on the feedback...ll wait?

Before the polls we had the feedback thing I forgot the name   @Jason Carr  it could be fun seeing what was on the old voting list bitbucket I think it was ?

?

I always look at BitBucket in detail before coming up with the poll items. All of the highly voted items from BitBucket were definitely on the brainstorming list. :)

• Thanks 1

i just saw a "bug" ? in game settings i can update the name search it etc... add pictures based in database finds... well that's great. but there is no way to view change or delete the videos!!! i have a lot of games with wrong videos and i cant change

Not sure I follow Icolls. If you have your roms named correctly and matched to the database it should pull down the correct metadata and media. Sometimes, very rarely an issue on EmuMovies will match the incorrect video but is an easy fix if you report it on their forums.

8 hours ago, lcolls said:

i just saw a "bug" ? in game settings i can update the name search it etc... add pictures based in database finds... well that's great. but there is no way to view change or delete the videos!!! i have a lot of games with wrong videos and i cant change

Sounds like when you Import some Super Nintendo stuff and just because "Legend" was in the Title it automatically gives you "The Legends of Zelda A Like to the Past" Video. I think my other issue with videos other than that has been if I make a Background Video for Games then you no longer get to see your Screenshots for Gameplay. So for now I'm just setting my Videos for a Game to play in the Screenshots section. I wanted to originally do something like when you scroll to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game it'll play the show's intro video in the Background while still seeing the Screenshots where they belong. So for now it's just gonna be TV Ads playing where the Screenshots should be

Excited for the Android version ?

A break from the windows version will give the community time to come up with some ground breaking features.

I currently use an iPhone XS but plan to switch to Android, probably a Samsung Note or Galaxy towards the end of this year.

Thanks and Good luck @Jason Carr

Edited by Juzzotec
  • Like 1

If @Jason Carr want do android version it is ok with me , i was even excited but no sync between two versions ? waste of money and potential. I imagined if i have free time in work i can add some games to LB on my phone so i can play in my off work time but without sync it is useless. Now i will have two versions to maintain so more work. No thank you.