LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

40 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

When I have LB running and try to do a <CTRL> B into BB, it is trying to go into some other theme instead of the one I am using with lots of errors. Any one else tried this or having issues with it?

Never used the CTRL B before, but i just tried it here and it launched into Bigbox just fine, and using the correct theme.

16 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Never used the CTRL B before, but i just tried it here and it launched into Bigbox just fine, and using the correct theme.

I am using the CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox theme, when I do the <CTRL> B, it looks like it is trying to load the default theme or something, the wheel is more like the default. The first image is the 1st error, 2nd image (2nd error) pops up immediately after 1st.

The CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox theme looks nothing like the screen shots. I removed all the themes but this one and the default ones. Also tried deleting both LB & BB cache to check if that was part of it.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

It works fine if I just run BB, only does this when I do the <CTRL> B

Edited by Wanderer189

On 8/7/2020 at 2:34 AM, Spiro9210 said:

nzRwPFf.png

Emumovies tab not populating with 11.3-Beta-9. Any solutions?

I have the same error since the first 11.3-Beta and I think it has something to do with my 4k screen and the customized scaling of text and apps of W10.

Edit: Thing is, the download still works, you just can't choose single images. Press "Check All" and get the full batch.

Edited by MisterCrowley
New Info

Maybe this issue has been reported before but I'm having a problem with custom command-line parameters. For PCSX2 I use custom command-line parameters. When I edit a PS2 game (Edit Game>Launching>Emulation) they are not being shown, or when I add them the changes won't take. However al my command-line parameters are still in the Sony Playstation 2.xml and I do have a link to the Data folder in LaunchBox\Core.

Beta 11 is out now with the following:

• Fixed various window scaling issues (please let us know if anyone sees any further issues with any windows)
  • Fixed LaunchBox list view and audit date sorting incorrect for some cultures
  • Fixed the %launchboxorbigboxexepath% game launching variable to work as it did previously (full path to LaunchBox.exe or BigBox.exe in the root)
  • Fixed folder links being deleted and not existing properly when launching Big Box from LaunchBox or LaunchBox from Big Box (this was causing the theme issues in that case)

Thanks again all for the reports. I do think we're nearing the end. :)

• Like 3

On 8/8/2020 at 5:08 AM, Kovu1102 said:

my LB 11.2 was working perfectly until I tried to update to 11.3 b10, now I get this error everytime i start up LB.

I have tried downgrading to 11.2, and then it works perfectly again, but when i try to do new found update i am back to square one

Untitled 2.png

This is a plugin issue of some sort. What plugins do you have installed for LaunchBox?

On 8/8/2020 at 2:33 PM, oblivioncth said:

Trying to launch any game on 11.3 Beta 10 (not sure about earlier betas) results in the "This operation requires elevation privileges" message that can occur if you run LB as an admin and then try going back to running it at the user level, even though this is not the case for my current install (User owns all files/folders within the LB directory and has permissions set to full control). Reverting to 11.2 stable avoids the issues without any changes to LB files.

Not sure what 11.3 Beta 10 is trying to do or what files it is trying to access that needs admin privileges and I'm guessing it isn't intentional.

We're not able to replicate this, so we're at a loss here currently. .NET Core probably requires different permissions somehow than previous .NET did, but unfortunately that kind of stuff is mostly out of our control. Can you zip up and PM me your data folder to see if we can't figure out what might be going on?

10 hours ago, Koroth said:

Maybe this issue has been reported before but I'm having a problem with custom command-line parameters. For PCSX2 I use custom command-line parameters. When I edit a PS2 game (Edit Game>Launching>Emulation) they are not being shown, or when I add them the changes won't take. However al my command-line parameters are still in the Sony Playstation 2.xml and I do have a link to the Data folder in LaunchBox\Core.

Are you using the PCX2 Config plugin or doing this all manually?

I indeed used the PCX2 Config plugin. After I configured a game the plugin added the parameter to the custom parameters field. I then edited it so I can easily adjust per game. The line shows up in the Sony Playstation 2.xml like this:

<CommandLine>--nogui --fullscreen --cfgpath "inis\Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening"</CommandLine>

<Completed>false</Completed>

<ConfigurationCommandLine>--cfgpath "inis\Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening"</ConfigurationCommandLine>

If I open the game edit window nothing shows up under Launching>Emulation and adding a commandline won't persist. This worked without trouble up until 11.2 though.

26 minutes ago, Koroth said:

I indeed used the PCX2 Config plugin. After I configured a game the plugin added the parameter to the custom parameters field. I then edited it so I can easily adjust per game. The line shows up in the Sony Playstation 2.xml like this:

<CommandLine>--nogui --fullscreen --cfgpath "inis\Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening"</CommandLine>

<ConfigurationCommandLine>--cfgpath "inis\Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening"</ConfigurationCommandLine>

If I open the game edit window nothing shows up under Launching>Emulation and adding a commandline won't persist. This worked without trouble up until 11.2 though.

Do you have any of these issues if that plugin isn't used? Curious if the plugin is manually changing that field to match whatever settings you told it to use.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Do you have any of these issues if that plugin isn't used? Curious if the plugin is manually changing that field to match whatever settings you told it to use.

If I add a nonsensical parameter like --aaa it does save. If I then open the edit window it shows nothing and even if I save or cancel the lines in the Sony Playstation 2.xml are removed like this:

<CommandLine>--aaa</CommandLine>
    <ConfigurationCommandLine />
    <ConfigurationPath />

But after closing and relaunching Launcbox > gamedit  it look like this:

<CommandLine />
    <ConfigurationCommandLine />
    <ConfigurationPath />

Edit:

If the pcsx2 config plugin adds: --cfgpath "inis\Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening" , that is a valid pcsx2 parameter. After configuration, the plugin is not used anymore. And as I said, it used to work up until 11.2. I mean bugs can happen.

Edited by Koroth

21 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I am using the CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox theme, when I do the <CTRL> B, it looks like it is trying to load the default theme or something, the wheel is more like the default. The first image is the 1st error, 2nd image (2nd error) pops up immediately after 1st.

The CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox theme looks nothing like the screen shots. I removed all the themes but this one and the default ones. Also tried deleting both LB & BB cache to check if that was part of it.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

It works fine if I just run BB, only does this when I do the <CTRL> B

FIXED in 11.3.11

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Discussion of possible problem with MAME importing.

Are you running a beta or stable version? I assume beta since you are posting in the beta related thread. Jason did add a fix in beta 9 that related, but it looks to only be fixing protos/beta roms. Are you on the latest beta?

On 8/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 9 is out now with the following:

• Further threading optimizations
  • Image fixes for the retro achievements profile popup
  • Improved ROM prioritization so that prototype/beta games are not prioritized as much
  • Big Box now runs under Linux Wine