LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Are you running a beta or stable version? I assume beta since you are posting in the beta related thread. Jason did add a fix in beta 9 that related, but it looks to only be fixing protos/beta roms. Are you on the latest beta?

Beta 9 10 or 11 didn't address that issue noted in the other thread with Space Invaders which is more priority of parent/child related versus beta/prototype.

Edited by sundogak
meant 10 and 11 beta

2 hours ago, sundogak said:

Beta 9 or 10 didn't address that issue noted in the other thread with Space Invaders which is more priority of parent/child related versus beta/prototype.

Yeah, I figured it would not affect the issue which why I said it looks like Beta 9 only addressed beta/prototype roms. But figured was worth a mention in case we got lucky and it did. 

@Jason Carr

Hi Jason. I have no issues so far but a question.

It's about the detecting of installed Steam games. Is it possible to let LB/BB detect if there are games ready to stream from another computer. For example, when I am logged in on steam on a second computer where other games are installed, Steam has the ability to stream these games on the first computer. These games are marked as installed in steam on the first computer too.

My question is if it is possible to add the ability to check and mark these games as installes in LB/BB too?

I hope my question is understandable. ?

Edited by deliyuerek85

2 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

@Jason Carr

It's about the detecting of installed Steam games. Is it possible to let LB/BB detect if there are games ready to stream from another computer. For example, when I am logged in on steam on a second computer where other games are installed, Steam has the ability to stream these games on the first computer. These games are marked as installed in steam on the first computer too.

My question is if it is possible to add the ability to check and mark these games as installes in LB/BB too?

At the top of the web page click "Help & Support" and then "Request a feature". Unsure what all is available for us to use as a way to tell that. Interesting idea though. If you could use the feature request people could vote on it and we could see how many would benefit from it.

18 hours ago, wallmachine said:

What do you think about the below as querying EmuMovies takes roughly 30 seconds each time.

Edit -> Media -> Images (should only query and display images)
Edit -> Media -> Videos (should only query and display videos)

The way the EmuMovies search works is that it's only one search for all types of media, so there's no way to speed it up in this regard.

18 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Discussion of possible problem with MAME importing.

Responded in the thread.

9 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

@Jason Carr

Unfortunately my hunch is no, because I doubt that Steam provides that information. Feel free to create a ticket for it though and hopefully at some point we can look into it further.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Those import issues almost always just come down to games being identified as duplicates.

Hmm... the import parser detects each ROM as a separate item, but during actual import, the ROMs are filtered. 

Any plans to improve duplicate checking? 

Thanks.

Beta 12 is out now with the following:

• Minor improvements to the box image caching/loading in LaunchBox
  • Improvements to attract mode to hopefully reduce duplicate landings
  • Fixes for plugin loading so that plugin issues should no longer prevent LaunchBox or Big Box from running
  • Added Date Added, Date Modified, and Last Played to audits
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 12 is out now with the following:

• Minor improvements to the box image caching/loading in LaunchBox
  • Improvements to attract mode to hopefully reduce duplicate landings
  • Fixes for plugin loading so that plugin issues should no longer prevent LaunchBox or Big Box from running
  • Added Date Added, Date Modified, and Last Played to audits

Great update, something you did in a previous update fixed the DOS command line issue I was having before (It was a few weeks back) and it's working now.

Also, I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to make it so we could manually edit the "Date Added" data? I want to edit the date added to be when I purchased the game, so I can use just Launchbox and not a spreadsheet to keep track of my collection.

It seems, Beta 12 fixed the issues I was having with images freezing and stuff in LB. Good work!

However, another little issue came up. In the edit window, I've had it kinda freeze for a few seconds or up to half a minute. Mostly when clicking on the Images tab. I guess it only shows once it has loaded all the images or something, but I don't think it was always like that.

EDIT: Images on the sidebar also seem to sometimes need an unusually long time to load. Luckily, though, the rest of the sidebar doesn't seem to care about that and loads very fast (maybe even faster than it used to in the past?)

Edited by EgoBizarro

Not strictly related to these betas, but i'm still getting the issue of video snaps in the sidebar blowing up and cropping to a quarter of the actual video file.

How it should look.

1491154529_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.01c2f8156779e168b99dee0c75dc3b3e.pngAnd what happens, it seems to zoom in on the top left of the video, but also enlarges it so that it overlaps the text below.

1204436528_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.5a199042c2afc9a9fd4376033dcb1ddc.png

Latest beta, using VLC as the video engine.

Getting the below audio error and then BigBox closes whenever I go into the Sound Settings in BigBox and change the sound. I have never really messed with changing the sounds I use until today and as soon as I enter the Sound menu section and select to change the Sound Pack this error happens. Seems to only happen with Sound Pack change. It does it 100% of the time. Also it is not affected by theme. Does it in Default, Unified Redux, Critical Zone, and at least 4 others. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.40.32 PM.png