LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL platform video set 2.1.5

(13 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS IT ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. I hope you like it ! ?
Here are planned development axes:

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.fed9b06df75df2a59326dc522e4b2af0.jpg

# HERE IS COLORFUL PLATFORM VIDEO SET:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Platform Video Set:
A complete new series of platform video for our frontend!
Colorful is a modern and elegant way to present each platform, with its hardware of the time. With maximum accuracy and future proof. (4K video) 

# I NEED YOUR HELP PATREON ?
I will make a first batch of 65 systems, according to my personal use.
But we are far from covering any game system!
If the community doesnt take over the creation, 2 choices:   the project stops  /or/  I finish it.
Problem, creating these videos takes a loooooot of time. And I have to deal with a full-time CGI artist job and 2 young kids.
So I opened a Patreon page that could allow me to dedicate days on my work time to continue creating video.
I'm not trying to get rich, but like everyone else, I cant spend 1 day/week working for free! I hope you understand.
If the project interests you: Here is my Patreon page.

Colorful_video_set_detail_by_viking.thumb.png.7dae58fccf97422fecda2c114aea0409.png# IN DETAIL ?
Obviously, Colorful is a direct legacy of my previous video set "Nostalgia". But improved on all aspects:

• Centred design with colorful background, according to the platform. (theme/logo/box/design)
  • 4K video (3840x2160px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • HD video (1920x1080px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • Only available in 16:9, but design compatible with 4:3 crop.
  • All designs are completly rebuilt.
  • More care of details.
  • More TV variety and better accuracy.
  • Arcade cabinet fully made in CGI, by myself. More variety and better accuracy.
  • Added characteristic effect on CRT TV.
  • Added platform boot screen. (if existing)
  • All sources will be available soon. (Community effort!)

# ABOUT CODEC FORMAT ?
Initially, I was thinking of working in H265, more modern for 4K. But after talking with Jason, this is problematic on some old configuration and with Windows Media Player, which doesn't support it.
So, I will leave you the choice!

• 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h264 AAC 
  • 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h265 AAC   (only on EmuMovies FTP)
  • HD | 1920x1080 | mp4 h264 AAC

- On this download page = Only 4K - h264
 -
On Download theme videos tools = both, 4K + HD version
 -
On EmuMovies FTP = The 3 versions!

# A PREVIEW OF ALL THIS ?

Colorful_video_set_by_viking.thumb.jpg.d611cb3280cc2f0a2f470b30a179b966.jpg

# A COMMUNITY EFFORT ? 
Yes, all sources are available on a dedicated page.  Everyone can create their own videos that will be included here, in this set. 
Some rules to follow:
  - Advertise on this thread which platform you want to achieve.
  - Post the work in progress on the same thread, for exchange/feedback.
  - Post the final video + sources on the same thread or by MP. To avoid scattering and centralize everything here.
  - I will moderate the general quality of your proposals for a coherent result.
So, I acting like a modertor on this thread.

Do you want to participate? Cool !! I post soon a guideline tutorial !

🏆 Community Wall of Fame 🏆

# OK, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
3 ways :

1. One by one - right here, with the download button at the top right.
  2. Automatically - in LaunchBox > Tools > Download theme videos tools > Select "Colorful 4K" or "Colorful HD"
  3. By batch - On the Emumovies   FTP ://Official/Platform Videos/COLORFUL Platform Video Set by VIKING V2

selection_video_set.thumb.jpg.e971069d2e3e312a954df6f74a5a2406.jpg

# SPECIAL THANKS : 

• @Jason Carr for his hard work on LaunchBox/BigBox!
  • @faeran for his huge work on the theme!
  • To all Patreon guys! A GIANT THANKS to all of you!!! ?
  • The whote community for yout support!

# SOURCES - COPYRIGHT :

• Each brand of hardware and software here represented as a tribute.
  • Emumovies for (most) gameplay videos
  • The Vanamo Online Game Museum for (most) photos.
  • If special credit, see .TXT file in the corresponding source archive.

Edited by viking

What's New in Version 2.1.5   See changelog

Released

Little UPDATE today  =)
Thank you for your patience!

• Like 51
  • Thanks 22
  • Game On 2
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yes, there it is. In the meantime, they promoted me to "Official". ^^

Here :  EmuMovie FTP > /Official/Platform Videos/COLORFUL Platform Video Set by VIKING V2/...

But wait few days, it's not up to date yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

7 minutes ago, viking said:

Yes, there it is. In the meantime, they promoted me to "Official". ^^

You deserve it my friend!

Any chance of a GOG (Good Old Games) playlist video, and a Nintendo (console collection) category video?

Edited by Retrofrogg

On 8/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, Retrofrogg said:

Any chance of a GOG (Good Old Games) playlist video, and a Nintendo (console collection) category video?

A GOG video is planned. It will be part of the "Windows" platform option. I already made a few.
- Windows 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, XP ...
- GOG, Steam, Origin, GamePass, ...

For the Nintendo playlist, I don't think so. If I start working on specific playlists, it's endless.
I will only make the general playlist that reaches the maximum number of people (Arcade + Windows)

12 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

There used to be a list of all platforms & playlists covered - does this still exist? Can't seem to find it.

Yes, I had initially set up a list on the video download page. But it's too painful to maintain, so I deleted it.
Is it really useful ?

Edited by viking
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, viking said:

A GOG video is planned. It will be part of the "Windows" platform option. I already made a few.

Great, thanks!

3 hours ago, viking said:

Yes, I had initially set up a list on the video download page. But it's too painful to maintain, so I deleted it.
Is it really useful ?

I do think it would be very useful to see what is available. Especially since the files in the download section and in the Launchbox scraper don't necessarily appear in alphabetical order. The collapsible list you used to have was perfect. For example, I seem to remember that you had a "Nintendo consoles" video (which covered NES, SNES, Gamecube etc), but it's hard to look for these things currently. Maybe it was part of the old (non-colorful) set.

Edited by Retrofrogg
  • Like 1

Amazing Designs there Viking, the Colorful theme is my main theme I use on my bigbox setup it's awesome. If it's not too much trouble I would like to ask something: are there any plans on making a Sega Triforce Platform Video currently I am using your Nostalgia Platform Video for the Sega Triforce but for some reason it doesn't look right, I gotten used to it but something about the way the cabinet is positioned to the right side of the video doesn't match with layout of the theme. But whatever you do next for next for this theme I'm totally up for it keep up the  great work and I am looking forward to seeing the future has in store for the Colorful theme :D

Great theme! Does there happen to be the following platform snaps I may have missed? 

Teknoparrot
SNES - MSU1
Megadrive MSU

• Like 1

I love these videos but am I right in thinking there's no Sinclair ZX Spectrum?

Not your fault of course, but I'm amazed it hasn't appeared yet. 😄 It wasn't big in the States, but it was literally the biggest selling computer in the UK. I would make it myself but don't have the software or the skills. 😔

1 hour ago, SpaceMidget75 said:

I love these videos but am I right in thinking there's no Sinclair ZX Spectrum?

Not your fault of course, but I'm amazed it hasn't appeared yet. 😄 It wasn't big in the States, but it was literally the biggest selling computer in the UK. I would make it myself but don't have the software or the skills. 😔

There is a spectrum one, it was created by CMOS, its probably available through Launchbox itself.

• Thanks 2

On 11/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, Scarletic said:

Hi! Noticed that SNES, CPC and MSX video is not the same as Hardware Set picture!

Yes, you are right. And it's my fault: I didn't keep my platform list up to date and I worked on some that had already been done by the community... So, these 3 platforms have 2 versions. So a problem of consistency.

Right now, the easiest way to fix your problem:  From the LaunchBox platform download tool, download these 3 platforms again, choosing my version ("viking") in the dropdown menu.

In the future version (v.3) of the theme, I will rethink all this. It's too restrictive the PNG/Video and color alignment. I'm currently working on the Photoshop mockups of the next view. As soon as I'm happy with them, I'll show you all this on the forum ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viking said:

Yes, you are right. And it's my fault: I didn't keep my platform list up to date and I worked on some that had already been done by the community... So, these 3 platforms have 2 versions. So a problem of consistency.

Right now, the easiest way to fix your problem:  From the LaunchBox platform download tool, download these 3 platforms again, choosing my version ("viking") in the dropdown menu.

In the future version (v.3) of the theme, I will rethink all this. It's too restrictive the PNG/Video and color alignment. I'm currently working on the Photoshop mockups of the next view. As soon as I'm happy with them, I'll show you all this on the forum ;)

Thanks! Worked, sorry for bothering!

But SNES still has size issue, it is a little bigger in video

Hello @viking

at the first thank you for your video 4k.

it's possible to add in the next release the video for system

- Triforce

- Naomi-GD

thank you so much

have a nice day

• Like 2

Currently noted issues (and of course your work is absolutely amazing):

- SNES image and video don't align perfectly

- NAOMI 1 & 2 hardware differs between video and image (using the h265 4k version of the videos at least)

- missing basic categories like Light Gun games, 2p games etc, it really breaks the uniformity/beauty of the theme

- not related to videos/images -> would be nice to select the button layout for the theme (like PS buttons etc. / I think the game wheels views with clear logos are missing something like a big 2d box + Cart/CD on the side, feels a bit empty, tried to use CTC but I am lost.

On 6/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, Kefka2b said:

SNES image and video don't align perfectly

Yes, I know. I have to redo the SNES videos and Photoshop.

NAOMI 1 & 2 hardware differs between video and image (using the h265 4k version of the videos at least)

I've recently updated the Naomi videos with new CGI cab models. I invite you to download the PNG Hardware set. (It will be included in the next theme update)

missing basic categories like Light Gun games, 2p games etc, it really breaks the uniformity/beauty of the theme

Light Gun Arcade has recently been added. The whole Arcade series is a long job, because I do them ALL in CGI. Thanks for your patience.

not related to videos/images -> would be nice to select the button layout for the theme (like PS buttons etc. / I think the game wheels views with clear logos are missing something like a big 2d box + Cart/CD on the side, feels a bit empty, tried to use CTC but I am lost.

The notion of buttons will be corrected in the next major theme update. 
Empty spaces are the graphic spirit here. This will remain unchanged, if not accentuated, in future updates. =)

@ All other comments:
I've added your requests to my todo list. Thank you for your patience!  =D

Edited by viking
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1