LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

13 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This is puzzling to me as I don't think anything changed that should affect that. Is this a common experience for anyone else? I can't keep going back to the same old issues; what theme are you using @ckp? Have you tried rebooting, etc.?

Like I stated, I don't use any themes. So, I guess that's considered the default one? It's not too bad. I just don't remember it ever stuttering on me before. Maybe I'm imagining it and nobody else is having any issue. I really don't know why a reboot would matter, since I shutdown and power up every day. Maybe it will go away the next time I try it...

I'd really like to go into each platform in BB and land on my favorites list followed by the alphabetical order list every time, like it used to be.

Please add a setting in the future to make that possible again. Now when I go into a platform, it lands on the last game I was on, which isn't what I want.

I don't mind BB starting on the last Platform I was on, but not games. Thanks!

On 1/3/2017 at 5:31 PM, oilertitanfan said:

After the 7.4 update I cannot get the music to auto-play in the game details screen. I have all the boxes checked in bigbox options but the game video plays instead of music

I'm still running into this issue and wondering if it's only me because it worked for prior to the 7.4 update

Had this error pop-up when i was navigating platforms in BigBox. When i closed it BigBox crashed and had to be forced closed. Couldn't get it to happen again.

Spoiler

Version 7.5

System.InvalidOperationException: Another target is already connected to this HostVisual.
   at System.Windows.Media.HostVisual.BeginHosting(VisualTarget target)
   at System.Windows.Media.VisualTarget.BeginHosting()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RegisterICompositionTargetInternal(ICompositionTarget iv)
   at System.Windows.Media.VisualTarget..ctor(HostVisual hostVisual)
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VisualTargetPresentationSource..ctor(HostVisual hostVisual)
   at (ThreadSeparatedImage )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedImage.<LoadThreadSeparatedControl>b__32_0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I have noticed that Big Box opens sometimes before the startup video has ended, even though I have set it to wait 19 seconds in the Big Box options. Seems to happen on first boot after starting my htpc. If I exit and start Big Box again it functions as intended.

Okay guys, new beta is out with a bunch of changes and fixes. @CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT, it's a crap-shoot, but if we're lucky this might fix your issues with the prioritize music feature.

Here's the changes:

- Improvement: A new option has been added to the Big Box General options to specify whether or not you want to hide the taskbar while Big Box is running

- Improvement: New options have been added to the Big Box General options to specify whether or not you want to remember the last platform used and the last game used for each platform

- Fixed: Startup videos were not working properly on 32-bit systems

- Fixed: When using the text filters view in Big Box, the first selected filter was not populating details for the filter (introduced in 7.5)

- Fixed: The audit tool was sometimes missing a few games from your collection

- Fixed: Additional stability issues in Big Box with the "prioritize music over video audio" option

• Like 7

@Jason Carr Just test drove the new beta, no problems thus far super snappy, i left it on attract mode Nes for the last 5 minutes background Video on as well as game videos, background music on as well as chrome running in the background no crashes working great on an Intel core 2 Duo E7300 @2.66 GHz running Windows 7 64bit.  KUDOS love the new options.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

- Improvement: A new option has been added to the Big Box General options to specify whether or not you want to hide the taskbar while Big Box is running

- Improvement: New options have been added to the Big Box General options to specify whether or not you want to remember the last platform used and the last game used for each platform

Works perfectly. No hide taskbar and only remember last platform, but not games. Thanks!!

• Like 1

Hey @Jason Carr, my BB never opens on my last platform if I exited BB with my controller (button 10 on xbox one). It only seems to work if I exit BB from the Exit menu. I have setting checked "remember last platform".

I've tried 4 times now pressing my controller button to exit BB and then launch BB again and always opens back up on anything other than what I was last on. I like to exit BB with my controller while on the platform that I want opened on next launch.

Edit: doesn't work if exiting by keyboard escape key either.

Edited by ckp

It isn't saving it because that controller automation is force closing the application not actually exiting out of it cleanly there are emulators that won't save setting changes for the next time if you use the controller shortcut to exit for the same reason. write a ahk to send the X keyboard press instead of the  close command that might close it cleanly.

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

It isn't saving it because that controller automation is force closing the application not actually exiting out of it cleanly there are emulators that won't save setting changes for the next time if you use the controller shortcut to exit for the same reason. write a ahk to send the X keyboard press instead of the  close command that might close it cleanly.

No that's not it. I don't use the controller automation dual press action to exit. I use the plain and simple controller setting for exiting BB, which i mapped to button 10. Also, they keyboard mapping to EXIT BB doesn't work either with this 'remember platform' setting. The only thing that works with 'remember platform' is if you exit from the BB menu to exit.

Since there is a BB setting to listen for keyboard and controller to exit the BB application, to me it means that the app is able to see that exit trigger and decide to close. So if it can read that trigger and close, I would have to hope it can also do what is needed to save the platform before it does the close (I'm assuming that is what the exit menu has to do as well). Otherwise the feature to remember last platform is useless to me.

@Jason Carr :( Just updated to newest beta, but still got a crash with both WMP and VLC:

Version 7.6-beta-1

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I may just go the route of encoding the MP3s into the videos themselves... just doesn't sound very appealing :P. Not really sure if this is a very widespread issue for people or not, so maybe it's something specific with my system setup/background processes... I have no idea; just stabbing in the dark.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work on the platform! I still love the software; even if this feature is giving me some crashtastic times!