LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

@keltoigael Jason should be aware of that issue as he attempted to fix that in a previous beta. I honestly get better compatibility using Windows Media Player. I'm unsure why that is not the default. I've seen more and more bugs reported in regards to VLC.

@Kevin_Flynn currently using WMP myself. Seems to be a little better.

On 1/4/2017 at 0:33 PM, imdavid555 said:

Really should add scrolling text in the Game Laucher screen for the additional app options. Have no idea which Disc number for alot of games. Keep in mind Launch Box automatically created these when I imported.

Capture.JPG

Good point @imdavid555.

On 1/5/2017 at 5:20 AM, Maddoc1007 said:

@Jason Carr I just noticed something weird with the Platform Logo's if placed in the Theme/Logo's folder,  I have Arcade platform's split up into different categories CP System Dash, CPSI, CPSII etc.  I downloaded ea4492's Logo's (which are absolutely brilliant) and placed them in my theme folder.  Opened BigBox refreshed the Platform Image Cache, the result was that for all arcade systems that ea4492 hadn't yet done Logo's for it shows Arcade Classics ( which i had renamed to Arcade) here is a list of split systems from arcade that it shows Arcade Classic's logo for instead of defaulting to theses platforms default logo.

Capcom Cp System Dash, CPS1, Cave, Crystal System, Gaelco,Namco System 22, PGM, Psikyo, Sammy Atomiswave, Sega Hikaru, Sega Model 3, Sega System 16, Sega System 32, Taito Type x. In fact it seems to show the logo for what ever you have the sytem to scrape as, i hope you can follow my explanation, see screenshot for a better visual of what i mean.  This causes considerable lag in the Platform Wheel.

Untitled.png

It is supposed to show the logos for the Scrape As value, assuming one doesn't exist for the actual platform name. That is a good point though that I hadn't thought about. I'll look into it. :)

On 1/5/2017 at 2:42 PM, SentaiBrad said:

Bug that may be related to the memory feature in BB? No clue, not related to CityHunter though:

Edit: It actually shows 2 bugs, where the box art images get removed when changing views too.

Edit 2: It seems that the reason I thought the view switching bug was happening isn't what it is. It's not related to the Big Box memory because it's happening on 7.4 official. Seems to only happen when viewing all games, not when viewing single platforms.

Can you explain what exactly the bugs are here? I'm having trouble following.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:48 AM, keltoigael said:

I was able to fix the issue with Demul crashing BB to desktop and still use nomousy. The issue I have now is when ever I enter or exit Demul, game play video and background music stop functioning. 

By "stop functioning" do you mean they keep playing? And you're saying the issue is specific to Demul?

On 1/9/2017 at 1:58 PM, ckp said:

Just installed the latest vlc player 64 bit. LB instantly starts crashing again on game launch. I will totally remove 64bit and try the 32bit installer of vlc player

Edit: no luck. instant crashing with 32bit vlc player installed as well. no LB vlc for me! :)

Please try the latest beta. I've told VLC specifically to never use the local settings, but it seems to be ignoring it in some cases. Let me know if the latest beta fixes it though.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 8:08 PM, stephy said:

two things. 

Flip Box Doesnt Work . 
- For me, If I have 2 front art boxarts.. its scroll between those two. But when I have 1. front boxart and 1. back boxart it doesnt even switch between them at all. 

Inside a Platform, the boxart is replaced by cartridges or clearart..
- Atari 2600 - Has catridges, not boxarts 
- Atari 5200 - Has clearart, not boxarts 

-Amiga  - shows nothing as boxart.. but i have boxart - front pictures in folder. 
-Amiga CD 32 - - shows nothing as boxart.. but i have boxart - front pictures in folder. 

Cool, thanks @stephy. I'll take a look at this as well. Is this in LaunchBox or Big Box? I'll need more details on the image issues; check to make sure that your image folders are correct under Tools > Manage Platforms.

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

By "stop functioning" do you mean they keep playing? And you're saying the issue is specific to Demul?

@Jason Carr Yes just Demul but someone people have mentioned PCSX2 as well iirc. What is happening is that music would play during launch of Demul and play during gameplay as well, then when you exited Demul BB would crash to desktop and you would have to kill the process in the task manager. With the modified nomousy script I posted Demul now enters and exit correctly and no longer plays music over game play but when exiting back to BB music and video play back does not function unless you exit into and back out of the options. I hope that makes sense, little tipsy atm.

Edited by keltoigael

On 1/10/2017 at 10:26 AM, oilertitanfan said:

I get this error when scanning for added games by system

Version 7.4

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at (ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm , DataGridViewRow , Dictionary`2 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm.AddRomImportOperation(DataGridViewRow row, Dictionary`2 multiDiscOperations)
   at (ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm , Object , WizardPageConfirmEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm.readyWizardPage_Commit(Object sender, WizardPageConfirmEventArgs e)
   at AeroWizard.WizardPage.OnCommit()
   at AeroWizard.WizardPageContainer.NextPage(WizardPage nextPage, Boolean skipCommit)
   at AeroWizard.WizardPageContainer.nextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Cool, will look into it @oilertitanfan.

5 hours ago, keltoigael said:

Recently I have been getting very strange things going on. For example when managing platforms and after making changes, sometimes on the details panel the video path will be filled in with the path of the current theme I am using. I use different video sets for different themes. Its an easy fix but it seems to happen after making changes to the folder directory. BigBox is also starting up with out any background video playing on the criticalzone and cityhunter. Simply going into options and backing out fixes that issue.

Aha! You may have just figured out that weird theme video platform video path issue that I couldn't identify. Woot woot. That should help to get it fixed.

• Like 1

Alright, as some of you guys have noticed, I put out a new beta. The Audit feature should be pretty close to where it will be for the next official release. Please give it a shot guys and let me know what you think. I've added all the media items to it, added proper support for MAME, and a bunch of other stuff, like duplicates and deleting games via right-click.

The one caveat here is that for simplicity's sake (both development-wise and usability-wise), we've decided *not* to compare to full sets for this release. This means that you won't be able to identify games that you're missing, but to be honest, most people should just have a full set to begin with anyways so I don't see that as a very important feature, and it would cause some massive confusion for most people. Still, it's super easy to identify and remove prototypes, duplicate games, etc. Eventually we will be working some of it into the import processes as well, but probably not for the next official release.

Also, apparently VLC was using the system's VLC settings in some cases, despite us using the "--ignore-config" command line option, which doesn't make much sense, but apparently it was. I've added two more command line options for the VLC playback:

--config=VLC.cfg - Should hopefully prevent the default system settings from being used?

--postproc-q=0 - Forces post processing to be off, which was identified by @cammelspit to increase performance

@cammelspit also noticed that DXVA increased performance, but per our research unfortunately we can't set that everywhere because it doesn't work on some systems.

Let me know guys if this addresses the issues with installed versions of VLC, and if it helps performance in Big Box at all. Thanks all!

• Like 4