LaunchBox Community Forums

22 minutes ago, Esbeesy said:

I've got the most recent version of BigBox/Unified and it's not displaying the background images on platform view.  I've checked the settings listed in the install instructions and verified that the backgrounds have a matching name with the platform.

The issue isn't present in other themes, only Unified.  Is there any log files which might tell me what's going on?  Rest of the theme works fine, definitely my favourite!

image.thumb.png.a571330af50e4eb05fa1fcb8c615bfda.png

Those are not images they are videos, you can download them from within Launchbox under Tools/Download platform/Playlist videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for games with theme videos to have the video be played full-screen with nothing else?

For example, the normal Unified theme is shown for games without a theme video; the boxart, bordered video, and info is all there. However, when a game has a theme video in /Videos/whatever system/Theme, that video plays full-screen while excluding all of the other info and images.

On 4/24/2018 at 12:58 PM, CriticalCid said:

You'll need to remove the following lines from every View

<!-- UPPER GLASSBAR Y-AXIS MOVEMENT -->
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[3].(TranslateTransform.Y)" Storyboard.TargetName="UpperGlassBar">
  <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="-200"/>
  <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.5" Value="-200"/>
  <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:2.0" Value="0"/>
</DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

<!-- UPPER GLASSBAR TRIANGLE Y-AXIS MOVEMENT -->
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[3].(TranslateTransform.Y)" Storyboard.TargetName="TriangleGlassBar">

<!-- CLOCK Y-AXIS MOVEMENT -->
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[3].(TranslateTransform.Y)" Storyboard.TargetName="DateTimeWeather">

<!-- UPPER GLASSBAR -->
<Grid Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="4" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Panel.ZIndex="15" >
  <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
    <ColumnDefinition Width="45*" />
    <ColumnDefinition Width="424*" />
    <ColumnDefinition Width="15*" />
  </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
  <Grid.RowDefinitions>
    <RowDefinition Height="55*" />
    <RowDefinition Height="260*" />
  </Grid.RowDefinitions>
  <Viewbox Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Stretch="UniformToFill" >
    <Polygon x:Name="TriangleGlassBar" Points="0,0 45,55 45,0" Stroke="Black" StrokeThickness="0" Fill="Black" Opacity="0.5" >
      <Polygon.RenderTransform>
        <TransformGroup>
          <ScaleTransform/>
          <SkewTransform/>
          <RotateTransform/>
          <TranslateTransform/>
        </TransformGroup>
      </Polygon.RenderTransform>
    </Polygon>
  </Viewbox>
  <Border x:Name="UpperGlassBar" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Background="Black" Opacity="0.5" SnapsToDevicePixels="True" RenderOptions.EdgeMode="Aliased" >
    <Border.RenderTransform>
      <TransformGroup>
        <ScaleTransform/>
        <SkewTransform/>
        <RotateTransform/>
        <TranslateTransform/>
      </TransformGroup>
    </Border.RenderTransform>
  </Border>

<!-- DATE, TIME AND WEATHER -->
  <Viewbox x:Name="DateTimeWeather" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" >
    <DockPanel Height="45" Width="449" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" >
      <TextBlock Text="{Binding CurrentTime}" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontWeight="Bold" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" FontSize="35" Foreground="Crimson" />
      <TextBlock Text="  " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="35" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />
      <TextBlock Name="tbArrivalDateTime" Text="{Binding Source={x:Static sys:DateTime.Today}, StringFormat='{}{0:MMMM dd, yyyy}'}" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}"  VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Right" DockPanel.Dock="Right" FontSize="35" Foreground="Gold" />
      <TextBlock Text="  " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="35" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />
      <g:GrilaWeather ShowUnits="True" ShowLocation="False" ShowTemp="True" ShowConditions="True" ItemSpacing="10" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Foreground="GhostWhite" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" MaxHeight="45" DockPanel.Dock="Right" Margin="0,0,0,0" />
    </DockPanel>
    <Viewbox.RenderTransform>
      <TransformGroup>
        <ScaleTransform/>
        <SkewTransform/>
        <RotateTransform/>
        <TranslateTransform/>
      </TransformGroup>
    </Viewbox.RenderTransform>
  </Viewbox>
</Grid>

@Rombo Deadfish Just requoting this that @CriticalCid posted a few pages back in order to remove the weather and time information from the Unified\Themes\Views folder. Just open up the Views xaml in notepad and remove the posted above info and be sure to make a backup first

Hi new to all this a big thank you for this theme is amazing was doing hyperspin set up for long time but lauchbox runs so smooth I only have one prob at moment and hope for little help I am in uk so would like megadrive to show up as one of my platforms at moment genesis shows up how would I go about changing this please I got the addon pack with the megadrive art work in and bits.

32 minutes ago, Tezza77 said:

Hi new to all this a big thank you for this theme is amazing was doing hyperspin set up for long time but lauchbox runs so smooth I only have one prob at moment and hope for little help I am in uk so would like megadrive to show up as one of my platforms at moment genesis shows up how would I go about changing this please I got the addon pack with the megadrive art work in and bits.

If the platform is already named Megadrive in launchchbox then you may have to rename some images to match it. Go to Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme there are 4 folders in here for the different image types the theme uses, make sure they match exactly how you have megadrive named. For me i have it called "Sega Mega Drive" in Launchbox so had to rename those 4 image types to match that.

12 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If the platform is already named Megadrive in launchchbox then you may have to rename some images to match it. Go to Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme there are 4 folders in here for the different image types the theme uses, make sure they match exactly how you have megadrive named. For me i have it called "Sega Mega Drive" in Launchbox so had to rename those 4 image types to match that.

Thank you very much that did the job looks great

• Like 1

@CriticalCid I know you updated the latest version to incorporate @Jason Carr's changes to stretch 4:3 videos to 16:9, but I find the aspect ratio being stretched looks off to me. Also, I can no longer see the platform specific backgrounds as the videos now cover the entire screen and makes them redundant. This is more a question for Jason, but could a toggle be added to the Big Box options to allow the end user to choose if they want to stretch 4:3 aspect videos to fullscreen or not?

5 hours ago, Charco said:

@CriticalCid I know you updated the latest version to incorporate @Jason Carr's changes to stretch 4:3 videos to 16:9, but I find the aspect ratio being stretched looks off to me. Also, I can no longer see the platform specific backgrounds as the videos now cover the entire screen and makes them redundant. This is more a question for Jason, but could a toggle be added to the Big Box options to allow the end user to choose if they want to stretch 4:3 aspect videos to fullscreen or not?

It's so theme-specific that I don't really think that would be a good idea, though we could add it to the theme settings XML at some point.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

@CriticalCid, will you be implementing some of Jason's work into this one from the redux?

Cid is taking a much-needed break from theme development for the moment. There wouldn't be much sense in making Unified exactly like Unified Redux, since they're both available anyways. What features/changes did you want? I assume it's because you want to cherry-pick from the changes?

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Cid is taking a much-needed break from theme development for the moment. There wouldn't be much sense in making Unified exactly like Unified Redux, since they're both available anyways. What features/changes did you want? I assume it's because you want to cherry-pick from the changes?

I just thought it would be nice to have them under the same theme to tidy things up, no disrespect to anyone. As in, one with all features of both - instead of 2 seperate Themes

Enjoy your break Cid (Y)