LaunchBox Community Forums

12 hours ago, Mr.Laor said:

Quick question,

Is there a way to keep the wheels visible longer before they fade out? I'd like to extend the time a bit.

bumping this - any help would be appreciated. I tried experimenting with the platform views in notepad but had little success.

@Mr.Laor Look for these lines of code in the PlatformFiltersView in Notepad :

<!-- FADING WHEEL -->
            <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.8" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.9" Value="0"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Change where it has 1.9 as the default and increase the number to whatever you would like it to be such as 5.0 or whatever value you want then save in Notepad and it will increase the time before the platform wheel fades out.

• Like 2

first thx for your theme.. it's fantanstic!

2 questions:

1- There is the possibilty to have games fanart background for each game instead the background theme ( all my pc games have more than 1 fanart background)

2- I like the spin disk, but when disks png are not present (same disk images are not simple to find), the theme took and spin the box image and is not good to see (for me); I will prefere nothnig

(one possibility is to create for each game black disc... but it's a lot of time...)

4 minutes ago, dnm said:

first thx for your theme.. it's fantanstic!

2 questions:

1- There is the possibilty to have games fanart background for each game instead the background theme ( all my pc games have more than 1 fanart background)

2- I like the spin disk, but when disks png are not present (same disk images are not simple to find), the theme took and spin the box image and is not good to see (for me); I will prefere nothnig

(one possibility is to create for each game black disc... but it's a lot of time...)

I cant help you with your first question, (although it is technically possible i believe but would require a major theme rewrite).

For your second question go to tools/options/images/cart front priorities and uncheck everything except for discs. Alternatively you can go to options/theme in bigbox and check the box for different views per platform and use a view without spinning disc/box for the platforms you dont want it spinning on.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dnm said:

You don't want that, trust me, I tried it myself and it doesn't look good at all in most cases. Here are a few examples:

921450579_2018-07-12(1).thumb.jpg.bb278933ba89ec5fe51f109f2ca6435b.jpg2018-07-12.thumb.jpg.2ad5529727889aea0515413b09a40455.jpg1715566530_2018-07-12(3).thumb.jpg.a7ac1aa99ccc1347e9521dd411b9e008.jpg1710712656_2018-07-12(5).thumb.jpg.3349986bc588d25b466251a7f1d5b68c.jpg

14 minutes ago, Gilanth said:

Silly question but where do the unified videos go?

You can either put them in the normal location at Launchbox/Videos/Platform and Launchbox/Videos/Playlists where they will be used across all themes, or you can put them in Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Videos/Platforms and the same with playlist videos but obviously they go in Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Videos/Playlists.

6 hours ago, KCJ101 said:

Can't seem to find Sega Naomi 2 Marquee, wheel pointer and background.  Is there an addon pack with this?

There is a update pack on the same page as the original download, so maybe its in that, as i have naomi 2 just fine in my setup.

1578964973_Screenshot(213).thumb.png.ee4308f744f9d20e9b6a994871663c99.png

• 4 weeks later...

What a fantastic theme. My thanks goes out to all those named in the first post.

I see instructions in this thread for preventing the platform selection wheel from fading so that's great. And for removing the weather which I'll do (any way to keep the time by the way?). And thanks to the extra details in the first post, I understood why my platforms had a black background and I downloaded the necessary videos which resolved that. That does make me wonder why there are even background images in the folder Unified\Images\Theme\Background, because I understand Unified only shows platform videos not platform images? Edit: ignore this sentence - I forgot about the thematic graphics!

My main question though is if it's possible for the Flip Box function to work in Unified. I know a current limitation of Launchbox/Big Box is that Flip Box doesn't work with 3D boxes and Unified themes only show 3D boxes. So I guess the question is if it's possible to tell Unified to show standard 2D front boxes only, and if so, would that then allow Flip Box to work in Unified? I do prefer 3D boxes but I figure if it's possible to tell Unified to show standard 2D front boxes only, I can still manually replace them with the 3D box pngs/jpgs. I'm happy to edit the xmls/axmls. In fact I had a quick stab editing

Binding Path=ActiveGame.Box3DImagePath

in the relevant view to

Binding Path=ActiveGame.FrontImagePath

based on another theme but no joy and of course this was just a hacky guess.

Final question is, although I appreciate the default Big Box logo within a game's detail view is a limitation, is it nonetheless possible to allow the respective game's logo there instead, even if it means potential glitches which perhaps I could try and overcome? If not, is it possible at least for nothing in plce of the Big Box logo? Edit - ignore this sentence, figured out how to delete the _default.png image.

Edited by KenSweep

Hey @KenSweep, about the weather and time, check the xaml views, as you will see there commented lines with what points to what. I am no coder, but I guess that playing with commenting the weather stuff and leaving the time and date code there could get you what you want.

The platforms where thought to show static images in the background, not videos. If you are seeing black screens, then it might be that your platforms in LB are named differently than the background images. Check if the names match (case sensitive and all).

I don't know about the 2d/3d boxes flip in the main screen, but regarding the game details view, if you "delete" the gamesview and the textlistview xamls you will see the default BB details screen, with Unified fonts, and with the games logos (that's what I currently have for game details in Unified):

image.thumb.png.672665d1baad99cb818e5f2b4c117200.png

Thank you for replying.

about the weather and time, check the xaml views, as you will see there commented lines with what points to what. I am no coder, but I guess that playing with commenting the weather stuff and leaving the time and date code there could get you what you want.

I've done that and I gues I need someone who involved with the theme to answer that, because, for instance, within a section called

<!-- DATE, TIME AND WEATHER -->

I can't see how to differentiate one from the other.

The platforms where thought to show static images in the background, not videos. If you are seeing black screens, then it might be that your platforms in LB are named differently than the background images. Check if the names match (case sensitive and all).

I'm not experiencing black backgrounds but I've answered my own question. I was just querying why the theme comes with platform backgrounds when as far as I see, the only platform backgrounds are videos. But I forgot about the thematic graphics!

I don't know about the 2d/3d boxes flip in the main screen, but regarding the game details view, if you "delete" the gamesview and the textlistview xamls you will see the default BB details screen, with Unified fonts, and with the games logos (that's what I currently have for game details in Unified)

That seems to ruin the theme, thanks though.

4 hours ago, KenSweep said:

I'm not experiencing black backgrounds but I've answered my own question. I was just querying why the theme comes with platform backgrounds when as far as I see, the only platform backgrounds are videos. But I forgot about the thematic graphics!

There are backgrounds included as they are used on on the games views. The actual view where you choose a platform uses videos (preferably the unified ones) then once you select a platform the background you see is a image that matches the  videos from the Platforms selection, this is done so that the actual game video of the currently selected game can be overlayed onto the background image, it is not possible to overlay a video on top of another video like that, so it has to be a static image with the gameplay snap overlayed on top. All those backgrounds were specifically edited in a way to have a blank section in them in which to overlay the gameplay videos.

@KenSweep I believe the box flip thing with 3D images is just something not functioning in Launchbox/BigBox at all. If you are in Launchbox and have views set to 3D box it will not allow you to box flip there as well. I believe it only works with 2d box and 2d carts. I have no expertise in knowing if this is something can can be worked around and coded into a theme. 

Hi Retro808, thanks. As I must not have been clear: I'm aware of that. I'm asking how the theme may be edited so I could point it to my 2D boxes instead to potentially get Flip working. (And then all being well I would fudge with images so my images in the 2D folder are in fact the 3D ones.)