LaunchBox Community Forums

4 minutes ago, poulsen said:

Is it possible to not have the wheel fade away? And maybe put it on the left side? 

Thanks! ? 

Yes to the wheel fade question. The steps are posted in this thread. See page 7.

No to the left side wheel. Cid advised it would require a bit of work to rewrite the theme and at this time he is not planning on working on that. I think he mentions it in the first few pages of this thread. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All right guys, I’m back and I’ll slowly go through this thread and try to answer every question that's still open. If I accidentally forget a question, feel free to post it again.

On 7/10/2018 at 7:00 PM, zetec-s-joe said:

@CriticalCid, will you be implementing some of Jason's work into this one from the redux?

Maybe some of them but first I’ll have to check all changes that Jason did with Redux in detail and then I'll see what I want to apply of it on the main Unified theme.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:35 PM, Charco said:

@CriticalCid I know you updated the latest version to incorporate @Jason Carr's changes to stretch 4:3 videos to 16:9, but I find the aspect ratio being stretched looks off to me. Also, I can no longer see the platform specific backgrounds as the videos now cover the entire screen and makes them redundant. This is more a question for Jason, but could a toggle be added to the Big Box options to allow the end user to choose if they want to stretch 4:3 aspect videos to fullscreen or not?

I'll add the backgrounds back in the next version. That way it'll be just a simple edit in the theme code by changing a value from "true" to "false" if you want to turn the stretching off.

On 7/12/2018 at 1:13 PM, dnm said:

first thx for your theme.. it's fantanstic!

2 questions:

1- There is the possibilty to have games fanart background for each game instead the background theme ( all my pc games have more than 1 fanart background)

2- I like the spin disk, but when disks png are not present (same disk images are not simple to find), the theme took and spin the box image and is not good to see (for me); I will prefere nothnig

(one possibility is to create for each game black disc... but it's a lot of time...)

Open the .xaml files of all game views and search for the following lines:

<!-- BACKGROUND -->
			<TextBlock x:Name="BackgroundFileName" Visibility="Collapsed">
				<TextBlock.Text>
					<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/{0}.png">
						<Binding Path="FilterTitle" />
					</MultiBinding>
				</TextBlock.Text>
			</TextBlock>
			<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=BackgroundFileName, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/_Default.png'}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Simply replace all these lines with this:

<!-- BACKGROUND -->
			<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8" Panel.ZIndex="0" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="true" />

On 7/13/2018 at 2:07 PM, dnm said:

Question 3:

There is the possibility to have 16/9 VideoBorder for platforme that have video in this format ?

Unfortunately not at the moment. I don't have a way to determine what aspect ratio a video has so I can't dynamically change the graphic assets based on that.

On 8/13/2018 at 2:51 AM, KenSweep said:

My main question though is if it's possible for the Flip Box function to work in Unified. I know a current limitation of Launchbox/Big Box is that Flip Box doesn't work with 3D boxes and Unified themes only show 3D boxes. So I guess the question is if it's possible to tell Unified to show standard 2D front boxes only, and if so, would that then allow Flip Box to work in Unified? I do prefer 3D boxes but I figure if it's possible to tell Unified to show standard 2D front boxes only, I can still manually replace them with the 3D box pngs/jpgs. I'm happy to edit the xmls/axmls. In fact I had a quick stab editing

That's definitely possible by pointing Unified to the 2D boxess but @Jason Carr is gonna work with me on a better solution for this. Hopefully it will be already included in the next version of Unified, so stay tuned :)

Final question is, although I appreciate the default Big Box logo within a game's detail view is a limitation, is it nonetheless possible to allow the respective game's logo there instead, even if it means potential glitches which perhaps I could try and overcome?

That's possible but would require some work for me to get the position of the game logo right. Right now I'm focusing on working on the next version of Unified so I won't do any personal customization requests at this point. I'll maybe come back to you at a later time but at this moment I have to pass, sorry.

I see instructions in this thread for preventing the platform selection wheel from fading so that's great. And for removing the weather which I'll do (any way to keep the time by the way?).

Search in .xaml files of all Platform and Game Views for the part that starts with

<!-- DATE, TIME AND WEATHER -->

and remove following the lines beneath it. Tell me if that works for you

<TextBlock Text="  " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="35" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />
      <g:GrilaWeather ShowUnits="True" ShowLocation="False" ShowTemp="True" ShowConditions="True" ItemSpacing="10" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Foreground="GhostWhite" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" MaxHeight="45" DockPanel.Dock="Right" Margin="0,0,0,0" />

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey quick question as I haven't found this mentioned anywhere. Are there (on EmuMovies or elsewhere) Platform Category videos for the Unified theme?

At the moment in BigBox when I hit escape and go to "Show platform categories" I just get a black screen but can flip through the platform categories wheel (arcade, consoles, handhelds, computers) on the right.

I'm guessing akin to the individual platform theme videos I'm supposed to grab the relvant platform category videos. Have these been made by anyone? If yes, where can I get them and where do I put them in my Launchbox folder?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Nyukki said:

Hey quick question as I haven't found this mentioned anywhere. Are there (on EmuMovies or elsewhere) Platform Category videos for the Unified theme?

At the moment in BigBox when I hit escape and go to "Show platform categories" I just get a black screen but can flip through the platform categories wheel (arcade, consoles, handhelds, computers) on the right.

I'm guessing akin to the individual platform theme videos I'm supposed to grab the relvant platform category videos. Have these been made by anyone? If yes, where can I get them and where do I put them in my Launchbox folder?

Thanks!

You will find what you are after @RetroHumanoid's Website.   http://retrohumanoid.weebly.com/ under the Cinematic Themes section in the downloads.

• Thanks 1

before i begin i would like to thanks the theme producer or his work ^_^ 

guys i facing two issues i dont know where is the mistake is since i still new into setting up fontends 

1- i didnt know how to make the CD spin in the theme 

2- my current collection has PC games , PS2 and Sega DC while viewing  all games  the clear logos appears but when i view them as platforms only PC shows the clear logo the other two systems as list of names only 

Sounds like you don't have set up the correct Views for these platforms.

In Big Box go to: Options -> Views -> Make sure that „Remember separate View for each platform” is checked. Than go either to the Keyboard Mappings or the Controller Buttons settings and set up a key/button for “Switch View”. Now you can go back to your platforms and switch the games Views for each platform individually on the fly.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Sounds like you don't have set up the correct Views for these platforms.

In Big Box go to: Options -> Views -> Make sure that „Remember separate View for each platform” is checked. Than go either to the Keyboard Mappings or the Controller Buttons settings and set up a key/button for “Switch View”. Now you can go back to your platforms and switch the games Views for each platform individually on the fly.

god bless you. it work perfect now thanks a lot

• Like 1

I really love this theme, so thank you very much ?

I've spend a lot of time with Hyperspin, because I likes the look. And now I'm so happy playing around with BigBox ?

I do have 1 question though..

Where does the themes for individual games go? I want to put some themes on my arcade games, but no matter where I put the there video, it just shows up as the video insted of the theme. (See added picture for better understanding) ?

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Pic.jpg

I assume you mean you want the video theme/gameplay that's now showing in the video area in your screenshot to show as the entire background?  For that I believe you need to go into the options/views in bigbox and set your games list view to vertical wheel 4.  That one for me makes the video snap take up the entire screen.  You will lose your box art, game descriptions etc, but the video/theme/snap will take up the entire background.  Not sure if that's what you meant or not, but hope this helps you out.

Edit: Just realized I'm using Unified Redux for my theme, not sure if it's the same game view for Unified to have the video snap take up the entire background or not.

Edited by CDBlue

9 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Is it possiable to make different wheel setups for different systemt?

I only want to use themes for my Arcade games.

I want my console games to show a 3D box + Disc/Cart.

Yes, in the options is a option for "remember different views for different platforms" just turn that on and go to the platform you want to change and switch it.