LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

On 9/10/2019 at 6:46 AM, thimolor said:

Finally a custom theme that looks great! I don't know anything about custom theme development, but would it be ease to make a dark version of this theme? Thank you for all the hard work! Became a patreon with a small sum.

+1 to a dark version where its exactly the same but the white portions are a dark grey like in Chrome's or Discord's dark themes. Shouldn't be terribly hard to change the color codes ;)

Otherwise looks fantastic. Looking forward to using this when my system is up and running.

31 minutes ago, viking said:

Yes, I know. But I think I can't do nothing for this. The wheel is code as a overlay, not a seperate view. That's why video turn in background, unless a new video was load. I make some research !

I'll download it when I have some time and try too, maybe a datatrigger would work?

Awesome work on this theme! 

However I do have a few suggestions to consider:

• Another vote for dark mode! The white burns my eyes and my TV doesn't have perfectly uniform backlighting on the edges, so it looks worse than it should for me.
  • Performance optimizations. For some reason this is the only theme that makes BigBox almost crash. I sometimes get a windows popup saying BigBox is unresponsive when i scroll through platforms. Using the COLORFUL platform videos with other themes does not cause this problem. My PC is semi-decent (Xeon E3-1276 v3, GTX 970, 16gb of ram). Note this only seems to happen the first time I switch to a platform with a lot of games (over 250 or so). After that viewing that platform again works fine.
  • Not sure if its possible, but can you stop the game video when you try to switch games? More often than not when I switch games the wrong video is playing for a few seconds before the correct video starts. (this happens with all themes ive tried)
Edited by johnsanc
  • Like 1

I have the same problem as another member: all supports colors remain green, without exception.Windows is up to date.

• Launchbox is up to date (I even tried the latest beta version).
  • .dll files are unlocked.
  • The .config files are in the right folder and are ok.
  • I tested a new installation of the theme, starting from scratch.
  • .NET framework is up to date.

I tested in another folder, with another name, but same shit.
That is, just another testimony. It's no longer an isolated case: p

Sorry to bother you.

Edited by niglurion

• 2 weeks later...

And here we are! The dark version is online!
I hope you like it! ?

..:: BETA UPDATE ::..
Version 0.6 - Released January 7, 2020
 - New Feature: By popular demand, the Dark View, for Platform & Games view. ?
 - Improvement: GamesView, now the platorm name was show in color.
 - Improvement: PlatformView, now the date show in platform color.
 - Improvement: In WheelGamesView, add a drop shadow to the wheels, for better visibility of games without ClearLogo.
 - Fixed: Trouble displaying quick access in TextGamesView fixed.

Some screen :

400498286_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-PlatformWheel2FiltersView-2020-01-0714_50_33.thumb.jpg.53a7a8c5d26a5c61360b030ca8a184d3.jpg572887146_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Wheel3GamesView-2020-01-0714_40_50.thumb.jpg.af4e7490d9d97a562a963c639bb6d0cd.jpg2041749842_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Wheel4GamesView-2020-01-0714_40_59.thumb.jpg.0c3a3750a7f102584f7c95a169a20182.jpg

Everything seems to be working fine on my computer.
There is only one problem in the design: Once the game is selected, we always end up falling on TextGamesView.
It doesn't matter if you arrive from a light or dark view: you go on one page only. So only one design.
Which "breaks" the continuity of the chosen design ... I can't do anything to fix it. ?

• Like 2
  • Unusual Gem 1