LaunchBox Community Forums

12.10 Beta Testing

faeran

2 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Not at all difficult. Just open the XML in Notepad++ Ctrl+h to search and replace, enter zip as what to look for and 7z as the replacement. Save. Done.

Thanks.   Doing the work is quite simple.   But it becomes a tax down the road, as every time I update my set its something I have to remember to do.  If LB is only going to support MAME in .ZIP format, fine by me.  I'll just leave it be. 

On 4/22/2022 at 2:49 PM, Fursphere said:

Thanks.   Doing the work is quite simple.   But it becomes a tax down the road, as every time I update my set its something I have to remember to do.  If LB is only going to support MAME in .ZIP format, fine by me.  I'll just leave it be. 

The main reason nearly all mame rom packs stayed zip instead of swapping to 7z was Torrentzip, as it creates byte-for-byte exact zips on all machines, this was needed for torrenting purposes, and as this is still the easiest way for most people to stay up-to-date with mame there has never been a real need to ever swap to 7z other than saving space, but for people updating all the time i would recommend just staying zip.

On 4/22/2022 at 8:49 AM, Fursphere said:

I think LB should support 7z as well as zip, IMO.

It should also support 7z format on uploads to the forums, like packs and themes! It would save bunches of storage space on the servers for sure. 

I'm not getting a crash when launching BB, but I just get a black screen, seem to be stuck on the intro video.

Had to kill the process, and after that my mouse pointer was gone,  had to navigate to my mouse settings and force a change to see it again.

23 hours ago, erdybirdy53. said:

Hi, I have just downloaded the new Beta 6, thank you. I still get the following error when loading straight into Bigbox. It works fine if I load Launchbox, then go into Bigbox from there. Please see attached for my error. Thank you.

Bigbox error.png

21 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

I'm still getting the same errors as Erdy. However in my situation, it doesn't seem to resolve if I load LB first then BB

12 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I'm getting similar theme issues also, cant locate files in the core folder, this one with Jason's own "Unified Redux" theme.

Untitled.thumb.png.0ec6b06fc539afd01d8cc536cdb9ed95.png

Curious if anyone has been able to confirm whether this is not happening in 12.9 under the same conditions.

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

Curious if anyone has been able to confirm whether this is not happening in 12.9 under the same conditions.

Ill check that here in a second. I will note though that after the error i closed Bigbox, and when i opened it again i received no error and the theme and Bigbox behaved as expected, so in my case the issue seems to be actively changing the theme via Options/Views that triggers the error rather than the theme itself.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Ill check that here in a second. I will note though that after the error i closed Bigbox, and when i opened it again i received no error and the theme and Bigbox behaved as expected, so in my case the issue seems to be actively changing the theme via Options/Views that triggers the error rather than the theme itself.

This doesn't work for me unfortunately. When I launch Bigbox directly, I receive the error. If i then close Bigbox, wait a while, then relaunch Bigbox, I get the error again. The only way i can stop the error is by launching Launchbox first, then load Bigbox.

I'm getting this crash when trying to enter BB from LB. Still seems to be stuck on the startup video.

The Application object is being shut down.

App:     
Version: 12.10-beta-7
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    System.IO.Packaging.Package GetResourcePackage(System.Uri)
Source:  PresentationFramework

at System.Windows.Application.GetResourcePackage(Uri packageUri)
   at System.Windows.Application.GetResourceOrContentPart(Uri uri)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.RemoveRole(Object , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.InitializeComponent()
   at ExceptionSystem.CheckAttribute(Object , ExceptionSystem )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.BigBoxProgram.Main()

Recent Log:

20:33:26 Exception