LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL platform video set 2.1.5

(13 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS IT ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. I hope you like it ! ?
Here are planned development axes:

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.fed9b06df75df2a59326dc522e4b2af0.jpg

# HERE IS COLORFUL PLATFORM VIDEO SET:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Platform Video Set:
A complete new series of platform video for our frontend!
Colorful is a modern and elegant way to present each platform, with its hardware of the time. With maximum accuracy and future proof. (4K video) 

# I NEED YOUR HELP PATREON ?
I will make a first batch of 65 systems, according to my personal use.
But we are far from covering any game system!
If the community doesnt take over the creation, 2 choices:   the project stops  /or/  I finish it.
Problem, creating these videos takes a loooooot of time. And I have to deal with a full-time CGI artist job and 2 young kids.
So I opened a Patreon page that could allow me to dedicate days on my work time to continue creating video.
I'm not trying to get rich, but like everyone else, I cant spend 1 day/week working for free! I hope you understand.
If the project interests you: Here is my Patreon page.

Colorful_video_set_detail_by_viking.thumb.png.7dae58fccf97422fecda2c114aea0409.png# IN DETAIL ?
Obviously, Colorful is a direct legacy of my previous video set "Nostalgia". But improved on all aspects:

• Centred design with colorful background, according to the platform. (theme/logo/box/design)
  • 4K video (3840x2160px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • HD video (1920x1080px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • Only available in 16:9, but design compatible with 4:3 crop.
  • All designs are completly rebuilt.
  • More care of details.
  • More TV variety and better accuracy.
  • Arcade cabinet fully made in CGI, by myself. More variety and better accuracy.
  • Added characteristic effect on CRT TV.
  • Added platform boot screen. (if existing)
  • All sources will be available soon. (Community effort!)

# ABOUT CODEC FORMAT ?
Initially, I was thinking of working in H265, more modern for 4K. But after talking with Jason, this is problematic on some old configuration and with Windows Media Player, which doesn't support it.
So, I will leave you the choice!

• 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h264 AAC 
  • 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h265 AAC   (only on EmuMovies FTP)
  • HD | 1920x1080 | mp4 h264 AAC

- On this download page = Only 4K - h264
 -
On Download theme videos tools = both, 4K + HD version
 -
On EmuMovies FTP = The 3 versions!

# A PREVIEW OF ALL THIS ?

Colorful_video_set_by_viking.thumb.jpg.d611cb3280cc2f0a2f470b30a179b966.jpg

# A COMMUNITY EFFORT ? 
Yes, all sources are available on a dedicated page.  Everyone can create their own videos that will be included here, in this set. 
Some rules to follow:
  - Advertise on this thread which platform you want to achieve.
  - Post the work in progress on the same thread, for exchange/feedback.
  - Post the final video + sources on the same thread or by MP. To avoid scattering and centralize everything here.
  - I will moderate the general quality of your proposals for a coherent result.
So, I acting like a modertor on this thread.

Do you want to participate? Cool !! I post soon a guideline tutorial !

🏆 Community Wall of Fame 🏆

# OK, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
3 ways :

1. One by one - right here, with the download button at the top right.
  2. Automatically - in LaunchBox > Tools > Download theme videos tools > Select "Colorful 4K" or "Colorful HD"
  3. By batch - On the Emumovies   FTP ://Official/Platform Videos/COLORFUL Platform Video Set by VIKING V2

selection_video_set.thumb.jpg.e971069d2e3e312a954df6f74a5a2406.jpg

# SPECIAL THANKS : 

• @Jason Carr for his hard work on LaunchBox/BigBox!
  • @faeran for his huge work on the theme!
  • To all Patreon guys! A GIANT THANKS to all of you!!! ?
  • The whote community for yout support!

# SOURCES - COPYRIGHT :

• Each brand of hardware and software here represented as a tribute.
  • Emumovies for (most) gameplay videos
  • The Vanamo Online Game Museum for (most) photos.
  • If special credit, see .TXT file in the corresponding source archive.

Edited by viking

What's New in Version 2.1.5   See changelog

Released

Little UPDATE today  =)
Thank you for your patience!

• Like 50
  • Thanks 22
  • Game On 2
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Pinball Arcade, PinballFX2 and PinballFX3

would love to see these as platform videos as well

Thank you for all that you have done :)

Edited by kidshoalin

Yes, Pinball category + Pinball platform are planned ?
But be patient! I have a lot of work right now and I try to take more care of this set of video than before.

• Thanks 1

What a great theme plus platform videos. I'm totally in love with your work - truly the best theme for Launchbox so far imho. Would love to see platform video conversions for Commodore 64 and MS-DOS. Any plans?

The plan is to cover ALL platforms ?
With a lot of time,  community help and fantastic Patreon.

I take this opportunity to make a call: 
If you have original hardeware at home, do not hesitate to send me pictures in high resolution !

Set up in the style of the video set. I think of all the exotic hardware that will be difficult to source on the net. Thank you !

Edited by viking
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 4:13 PM, kidshoalin said:

Pinball Arcade, PinballFX2 and PinballFX3

would love to see these as platform videos as well

Thank you for all that you have done :)

Don't forget about "Visual Pinball X"! That is the pinball software I use.

This is hands down my absolute favorite theme. It makes my gaming HTPC (controlled with only a controller and bigbox auto-startup) look and act like a fully finished console. Huge kudos to viking! I'm only waiting patiently for the startup video which I'm sure will be a gem too. Thank you so much!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chunkylover2500 said:

This is hands down my absolute favorite theme. It makes my gaming HTPC (controlled with only a controller and bigbox auto-startup) look and act like a fully finished console. Huge kudos to viking! I'm only waiting patiently for the startup video which I'm sure will be a gem too. Thank you so much!

You use it exactly as I had it in mind by creating all that !
It's nice !!

Yes, the intro video is on track. It will be something very simple and clean, like the theme.
With, I'll put a wallpaper for windows. I had even thought of a Bios logo. Some motherboard can change it. It will be a complete experience, from boot to BigBox !

• Like 1

Thx @Mizar !

The ultimate goal remains to cover every single platform ever made. So NeoGeo CD as well.
But this is not a priority, as it is a system identical to the original NeoGeo. Just less expensive at the time. Little (or no) exclusivity for this platform.

Great videos. 

I had trouble installing them as I didn't see an button in launchbox like this.  I got to the options screen in launchbox, but there's no platform video download tool unless I missed it somewhere.

LaunchBox > Option > Platform Video Downloader Tools > Select "Colorful 4K"

So I just used FTP.  When I downloaded the HD versions of the mp4s to \LaunchBox\Themes\COLORFUL\Videos\Platforms, then I noticed all the mp4 weren't playing so I read the readme which says they have to be named correctly.  So I had to rename them all.  Here's the batch file I used:

https://pastebin.com/raw/phHJwPiA

Then it worked :)

Hello, 

Glad I found your theme and videos. So great ! 

Although Im very surprised you don't have the Platform Video for Sega Genesis ? Is there a plan to do it soon ? 

Thank you so much !

Awesome theme and videos, just a quick thing if you could edit (had an issue finding it) it's not under 'options' but under 'tools' that the download theme videos option is

• Thanks 1

Awesome job as usual! Is the GCE Vectrex planned? I don't see it on the list, but it was in your Nostalgia video set.

And I have a personal request about the Sega Megadrive 2, can you; when you'll have the time of course; make a video with it? I grew up with the megadrive 2, I'm sad to see that megadrive 1 is the only version proposed ^^.

Thanks a lot for considering my requests vikings ;)

s-l300.jpg

Thx @Mumut !
Yes for the Vectrex.

For the MegaDrive II, I was thinking of using this design for the Genesis video. Will that be enough?
Or you want the 2 design for the 2 version? (MegaDrive 1 & 2 + Genesis 1 & 2)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, viking said:

Thx @Mumut !
Yes for the Vectrex.

For the MegaDrive II, I was thinking of using this design for the Genesis video. Will that be enough?
Or you want the 2 design for the 2 version? (MegaDrive 1 & 2 + Genesis 1 & 2)

Hi @viking !

It's very kind to ask ^^
You can just reuse the design of the genesis video and replace the platform with the megadrive II, it will be more than enough for me !
All I want is a feeling of nostalgia when I see the video, and be able to say to my friends "see that! I grew up with this one!"

Thank you very much viking for considering and for asking what will pleased me. You're a big plus to this community!

The main thing is to cover ALL gaming machines. Variants of the same console are not a priority, but why not do them!

However, I don't think there is a difference in video gameplay between the Genesis and the MegaDrive. In any case, I did not find a specific version on EmuMovies.
The only difference is the name on the console.

+1 to Genesis variants, I played the Japanese one as a kid, those white buttons make me sad over my nice purple ones! If it is at all possible I'd gladly replace my console in if I could get the raw vid without the console in it.
Edit: And yes I know it probably doesn't mean much to everyone, but damn it brings a tear to my eye just having the Japanese Famicom available over the NES since I had that too, memories/feelings are powerful yet irrational things....

Edited by OtakuD

I'm patiently waiting for

1. NEC PC-Engine

2. NEC PC-Engine DUO

3. SEGA Genesis

4. Fujitsu FM Towns

5. Sharp MSX 1

6. Sharp MSX 2

7. Sharp MSX Turbo R

8. NEC PC-8801

9. NEC PC-9801

10. Sharp X68000

This will complete my collection from Nostalgia videos to Colorful 4K.

REcapture.jpg

Edited by xmas

Love these! But is there a way in Big Box to mute the platform video sound? I havent been able to find a single setting that enables/disables this in Big Box...

13 minutes ago, DroneSA said:

Love these! But is there a way in Big Box to mute the platform video sound? I havent been able to find a single setting that enables/disables this in Big Box...

Options/Sound, turn videos down to 0%.

@vikingYou do incredible work. Would like to ask if the Atari ST and the Mattel Intellivision is a possibility for a platform videos?

Edited by Wanderer189