LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme 2.03

(22 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS COLORFUL MEDIA SET ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. Hope you like it!!

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.cc3347194aedf12be1e85d8640be0d23.jpg

OFFICIAL COLORFUL ASSET :

RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY ASSET :

# HERE IS COLORFUL THEME FOR BIGBOX:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Theme for BigBox:
Design for work with my platform video set, COLORFUL THEME is thought to be used on the big screen (TV) in gaming console mode.
Modern, elegant and animated are the key words of this interface.

The COLORFUL project is getting too big for me alone.
@faeran  has taken over the source code of the theme. A BIG THANKS to you for your support and your precious help !! :x

# IN DETAIL ?
The main features :

• 16:9 only. (Works on other ratio, but with black bands)
  • Full 4K asset. (Any resolution must work, 4K assets)
  • Totally responsive. No resolution deformation on text size or placement.
  • Because of the white/black background, some ClearLogo comes with the theme.
  • Gamepad connection indicator & battery level.

# RECOMMENDATION ?
Any design choice gives limitations. Here are some recommendations for this theme :

• LaunchBox/BigBox up to date.
  • VLC highly recommended.
  • Design for work with COLORFUL platform video set. (but you can use any video you what)
  • Beware of full white/black ClearLogo. They will be invisible on Light/Dark views!
  • I didnt test this theme on a lowend configuration. There may be slowdown. (Curious to have your feedback on this subject!)

# COOL, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
2 ways

1.  In Windows : Right here, with the download button. Extract the "Colorful" folder and place it in your "LaunchBox/Themes" directory.   (dont rename it!)
  2.  In BigBox : Option > Theme manager > Found "COLORFUL - Light" or "COLORFUL - Dark"

# HOW TO EDIT ?
You can now edit this theme within the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files below (current version from the CTC 2.3):

# SPECIAL THANKS !

# CREDITS !

# BY FILE, EVERY CUSTOM VIEW SUMMARY  (Here in LIGHT. Same principle/animation for DARK)

• PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.c5efedc6b7a6e4bd4962a12beeee0aec.gif
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.c22bf2a1583f94b203079adde1f813e4.gif
  • WheelGamesView.xaml :
  •  474073990_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.43f1b19a91943b09dd8d76b8d0947516.jpg
  • Wheel2GamesView.xaml :
  • 634414446_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.7bfa1eeb24d854f4d380e139c60f5a1e.jpg
  • TextGamesView.xaml :
  • 555591633_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.cf0e7cbf54f36b556cd4aba64dae5171.jpg

What's New in Version 2.03   See changelog

Released

• Fix animations in certain views when backing out of the Game Details menu.
  • Potentially other small fixes here and there.
  • Like 56
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 5
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 5/31/2020 at 10:19 PM, Zeno said:

I think this is the same issue I noted as well - anybody know if there's a way to change this functionality so selecting a game requires a button press rather than having it automatically transition in when navigating with the wheel? Don't know if that's something @vikinghas already addressed. Apologies if so!

I don't think it's possible. In any case, I don't know how to do it.
If anyone has a solution, it would indeed be cool!

On 6/15/2020 at 4:44 AM, GoHawksThe12 said:

Just bought launchbox because of this theme. Keep up the good work!

Thx !!! ?

Awesome theme, and I love how you "open sourced" it by giving the Resources.   Couple questions:

1) The thread you mention for posting about that doesn't seem to be created yet.

2) Is there any recommendations where to look for the cabinet art that you used for the Arcade platform.  I was reviewing the PSD and see where we can add in artwork, but am curious where you suggest looking for other cabinet art.

2 minutes ago, pofo14 said:

Awesome theme, and I love how you "open sourced" it by giving the Resources.   Couple questions:

1) The thread you mention for posting about that doesn't seem to be created yet.

2) Is there any recommendations where to look for the cabinet art that you used for the Arcade platform.  I was reviewing the PSD and see where we can add in artwork, but am curious where you suggest looking for other cabinet art.

Thx ?

1) The thread is on the download page, button "Get Support". Here is a direct link. The idea is to centralize everything related to COLORFUL video set creation.

2) For arcade cabinet, difficult (impossible?) to find the right photo to do the editing. So I recreated them completely in 3D. So I created a PSD file that we can customize to multiply any basic Arcade visual. For graphics/design sources to set up, I have no better lead than Google Image or any DIY Arcade Cabinet forums.

This may be a general theme question but I have setup COLORFUL dark and am really enjoying it.   

Question: Is there a way to stop the background video (for either a platform, or a game once you have selected the platform) from playing once you "deselect" it? To give an example. Say you are in SNES platform, you stop on a game, Super Mario World.  It's Video Snap starts playing.  If you start scrolling to another game (let's say for a while), the Super Mario World snap video music continues to play until you "stop" at another game.  

Is there a setting that will stop the snap's music (and video I guess), from playing in the background once you move off that selection? Effectively, so there is no sound playing as you scroll through the game's list until you stop at another game.

Thank you for your extraordinary work.

Edited by Deam

@Deam THX!!

Yes, this question has already been asked. It's a good idea, but I can't put it in the code.
If anyone has an idea I am interested!

3 hours ago, OdinsPlayground said:

Just wanted to mention I'm also getting green color on the interface buttons regardless of console

Your BigBox is up to date ?

Use custom platform name?

5 hours ago, viking said:

Your BigBox is up to date ?

Use custom platform name?

Yes, BigBox is on the latest Beta. This has been happening since I upgraded to the 0.9 Light version. 

Names are just standard. As this happens on all platforms and arcade playlists.

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

On 6/23/2020 at 10:33 AM, viking said:

Thx ?

1) The thread is on the download page, button "Get Support". Here is a direct link. The idea is to centralize everything related to COLORFUL video set creation.

2) For arcade cabinet, difficult (impossible?) to find the right photo to do the editing. So I recreated them completely in 3D. So I created a PSD file that we can customize to multiply any basic Arcade visual. For graphics/design sources to set up, I have no better lead than Google Image or any DIY Arcade Cabinet forums.

Thanks for the response - as I am not artistically inclined - I will leave the great theme creation up to you.  As someone with a background in software - I do appreciate the structure / thought process you put into the tutorial.

Are there any plans to release other Arcade platforms (Daphne, American Laser Games) as well as something custom for some typical playlists (Fighting, SHUMPS, etc.)?

I would first like to pass the theme to v.1.0
I only have a few details to finalize these views.

The next BIG part, will be all these playlist/variants video around arcade cabinet. (Standard automatic playlist + common cabinet)
It will take time, but it's a very important big piece!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, viking said:

I would first like to pass the theme to v.1.0
I only have a few details to finalize these views.

The next BIG part, will be all these playlist/variants video around arcade cabinet. (Standard automatic playlist + common cabinet)
It will take time, but it's a very important big piece!

Thanks - knowing this is will come eventually is great, I can be patient.   For now I figured out how to use your Arcade Favorite video for my other playlists by editing the config.   That will hold me over.

Thanks again.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:08 AM, OdinsPlayground said:

The theme stopped changing the colors when scrolling through the platforms.

My platforms are named correctly.

Don't know how to fix this.

running launchbox 11.2 beta with colorful light 0.9

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Unbenannt.JPG

@Chro Strange that this problem persists.
The display of colors in the theme is not generated by videos, but by a plugin developed by @eatkinola.

In :  "LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig "   have you this two files :
-
Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config
- Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config

In :  "LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Plugins "   Are all the plugins unlocked?
(right clic on eatch plugin, clic "unlocked")

Or a PC reboot ??

• Like 1

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.XInput, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-1
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.re2RCmSo7L[JfVNZAwR8ZQDjHA9hP](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath, Form splashForm)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.LoadThemePlugins(String theme)
   at n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs.kHtZyBcLj(String  , n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

18:31:30 Exception

Hi viking,

since the most recent LaunchBox update I can no longer run BigBox with your great theme. Any idea what might have changed that could break the plugin? Something .Net related? Launchbox requested me to install .NET core... 

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, exe222 said:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.XInput, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-1
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.re2RCmSo7L[JfVNZAwR8ZQDjHA9hP](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath, Form splashForm)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.LoadThemePlugins(String theme)
   at n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs.kHtZyBcLj(String  , n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

18:31:30 Exception

Hi viking,

since the most recent LaunchBox update I can no longer run BigBox with your great theme. Any idea what might have changed that could break the plugin? Something .Net related? Launchbox requested me to install .NET core... 

Thanks in advance!

A lot of plugins have been broken in the latest beta. They are betas for a reason though, so if you are not willing to deal with issues and actually report them in the actual beta thread, then id turn off the update to beta option in your setup. Betas will break things from time to time, they are for testing, not to use on your daily build.

Ah, damn beta builds. I see. Will stick with official releases then. Thanks for the hint.
Something with the underlying .NET Framework seems to have changed.

Good to know that it is a known issue with the latest beta.
Waiting for the next official release and hope that the plugins / themes are fixed until then. :)

Edited by exe222

4 minutes ago, exe222 said:

Waiting for the next official release and hope that the plugins / themes are fixed until then.

Of course, there wil not be a official release until the issues are fixed. This is exactly the reason why we do betas though, to find these issues and get them fixed before a official release.

You should just be able to roll back to 11.2 by running the installer in Launchbox/Updates over the top of your current build.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:52 PM, neil9000 said:

Of course, there wil not be a official release until the issues are fixed. This is exactly the reason why we do betas though, to find these issues and get them fixed before a official release.

You should just be able to roll back to 11.2 by running the installer in Launchbox/Updates over the top of your current build.

will all my settings be uneffected by running the installer on top of my current build ?

6 minutes ago, Chro said:

will all my settings be uneffected by running the installer on top of my current build ?

Yes.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:19 AM, viking said:

The display of colors in the theme is not generated by videos, but by a plugin developed by @eatkinola.

In :  "LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig "   have you this two files :
-

In :  "LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Plugins "   Are all the plugins unlocked?

Or a PC reboot ??

How do i unlock them there is nothing when clicking right on them.

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, Chro said:

Untitled.png

If there is no option to do so then they already are. If you are on the latest beta it could be you are running into plugin issues.

3 minutes ago, Chro said:

Untitled.png

Also you need to go into properties first, not just right click the file.

Posted (edited)

@vikingJe viens de faire l'essai  je n'en prend conscience que maintenant mais l'époque j'utilisais tes thèmes pour mes pulsions créatrice lol et ben mine de rien ça match carrément  avec ton custom !

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

On 7/20/2020 at 10:19 AM, viking said:

-

Or a PC reboot ??

i allready tried everything possible in my mind.

i tried going back to big box 11.1, i downloaded your theme and reinstalled it. i checked the Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a and i got all the plugins. They seem to be unlocked because the unlock button is not visible in preferences.

I tried your old colorful version that one that got the dark and the light theme in it and tried the dark standalone aswell.

I cant really tell the reason that it stopped working.

It worked at first...

not sure if related to the plugins but if i go into the game wheel the colors are changed to the specific platform its just the platform wheel that doesnt seem to work properly.

Edited by Chro

On 5/23/2020 at 6:43 PM, viking said:

@Pixelpiper @Darklight It is not so simple to make responsive for BigBox. I mean design side. On the code side, it's simple.
You can simply test my theme by deactivating the lock 16:9
In theme folder, open   ThemeSettings.xml   with a simple text editor.
Find this line :

<Force16X9AspectRatio>true</Force16X9AspectRatio>
And change to :
    <Force16X9AspectRatio>false</Force16X9AspectRatio>

No guarantee!
But I will be curious about the result. Post screens!

looks also pretty good on a 32:9 ultrawide (5120x1440) - blink on A Button is async, but i can live with it ;)

1780239812_329_5120x1440.thumb.jpg.f6166aaf2c5c63369a4d8354647c9cb8.jpg