LaunchBox Community Forums

This was a major pain. Although I am not happy with it because it's not a perfect loop. Idk why but it sticks around for one frame too long it's hard to notice but I know it's there and my OCD is in over drive. Sony Vega's is not doing as good as a job as I would have liked. Never the less CriticalZone - Decepticon.

Edited by keltoigael
  • Like 3

On 18.12.2016 at 11:16 AM, adu said:

Hello,

Thanks for this amazing theme !

But I encounter a strange bug. Because I'm French, I've translated everything game description in my native langage. But when I use your theme, nothing shows up under the filed Description, whereas everything is ok on other themes.

Do you have any ideas ?

That’s odd. I have absolutely no idea why they are working with other themes and not with mine. Can you zip up your “Data” folder of your LaunchBox installation and send it to me please?

@keltoigael Sorry for the delay buddy. I had to deal with a lot of Christmas madness and other RL stuff in the last few days and haven't found the time to finish the theme yet.

It’s possible. But because of the way this particular view works it’s more work to it than just increasing 2 numbers.

First of all, if you are using the version of the theme which comes with LB 7.0 than you have to make a copy of the CriticalZone folder first and use the copy for all customizations. You have to do this because all theme files will be set to default when you start BigBox. The new copy should be untouched by that (don't forget to switch to the copied theme in the Big Box options as well).

Open the “Wheel2GamesView.xaml” in the “Views” folder of the copied theme. You can change the value of the “FontSize=” tag in the lines 83 and 94 as you like.

Keep in mind that a bigger font size may lead to cut off letters. If that’s the case than you have to increase the size of the glass bar as well. You can do this in the lines 51 (the game title) and 53 (the year/publisher). The values are the percentage values of how much space each text line will take on the height. To keep the structure of the theme in tact you have to decrease the value in Line 48 with the values you have used to increase the other 2 lines. For example: If you increase both the title and year/developer line with 1 percent each, you to decrease the value of line 48 by 2.

It’s a tedious try and error process until you have found the perfect settings. Good luck ;)

54 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

That’s odd. I have absolutely no idea why they are working with other themes and not with mine. Can you zip up your “Data” folder of your LaunchBox installation and send it to me please?

@keltoigael Sorry for the delay buddy. I had to deal with a lot of Christmas madness and other RL stuff in the last few days and haven't found the time to finish the theme yet.

@CriticalCid Hey dude, its no problem at all. No rush. Like I said I keep coming up with all these crazy idea's and I don't want you to feel pressured or rushed.

12 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

Am I the only one that checks the download section 5x a day looking for City Hunter?

Thanks for everything you've done, definitely great looking theme that renewed my interested in emulation.

You're definitely not the only one lol. It just looks sooo darn good.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that I completely forgot to tell you guys when there was a new update for my theme. As CriticalZone now comes directly with LaunchBox you won’t have to update the theme manually anymore because it gets updated automatically with every new LaunchBox update as well. So if you still use v1.3 I highly advise you to switch to the build-in LaunchBox version (the one without a number in its name).

The current version which comes with LaunchBox is 1.6:

CriticalZone Changelog:

v1.6 - LB v7.4 (12/26/2016)

- Fixed: Background videos weren't stretched properly with the new VideoControl method.

v1.5 - LB v7.1 (12/21/2016)

- Updated: The background videos are now using the newly added VideoControl element. It should boost up the performance when you are using VLC as video playback engine quite a bit. 

v1.4 - LB v7.0 (12/14/2016)

- CriticalZone is now included with every LaunchBox v7.0+ installation.

- Removed: The version number in the CriticalZone Theme folder was removed.

- Removed: The ReadMe file was removed because it was quite outdated and isn't necessary anymore. 

- Fixed: Background videos for games are now forced disabled in the theme settings. It caused to not show the game videos in the 2 new recently added views when it was activated.

v1.3 (12/02/2016):

- Added: 2 new Game Views. Both were designed to take full advantage of the newly added Game Theme Videos. You have to use LB v7.0 Beta-16 or higher in order to use them!

- Updated: The ReadMe file now contains information’s for downloading and using Game Theme Videos.

v1.2 (11/07/2016):

- Fixed: The alphanumeric navigation was invisible in the Games Wheel view.

- Updated: Changed the word "Overview" in to "Description" as this term sounds more fitting to me.

v1.1 (11/06/2016):

- Fixed: New version of the background video as the old one caused to not loop properly on some machines

- Fixed: Custom Clear Logos for platforms weren't shown properly

- Updated: The ReadMe file was updated once again. Now with more information's on how to improve the performance of Big Box for this theme.

- Added: changelog.txt file in the theme folder 

v1.0.1 (11/04/2016):

- Updated: Restructered and updated the ReadMe file. No changes on the theme itself.

v1.0 (11/03/2016):

- Initial release

• Like 3

First of all, great theme!

Unfortunately it is very slow on my cab, despite your tips to boost the performance.

No issues with the default theme or other FE's whatsoever.

Are there any minimum requirements to use you theme?

I use a Intel Pentium G3250 with 8 gb of ram, with onboard GPU, so that shouldnt be a problem though.

3 hours ago, AeronNL said:

First of all, great theme!

Unfortunately it is very slow on my cab, despite your tips to boost the performance.

No issues with the default theme or other FE's whatsoever.

Are there any minimum requirements to use you theme?

I use a Intel Pentium G3250 with 8 gb of ram, with onboard GPU, so that shouldnt be a problem though.

Same here. I have a Core i7-4700MX @2,4 Ghz with 8 GB RAM and a Nvidia GTX 765M Video Card. Thus your theme isn't very smooth.