LaunchBox Community Forums

2 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

And here’s already the first hotfix…

Version 1.1.1 released!

Changelog:

v1.1.1 - 04.15.2018 - requires LB v8.2 or higher
- Fixed: The video in the Text List Games View was off-centered in all display resolutions besides 1920x1080.

v1.1 - 04.15.2018 - requires LB v8.2 or higher
- General: Introducing the first release of the official Unified Add-on package. It features complete artwork for 95 Playlists; all created by @RetroHumanoid
- Updated: The TextList for the whole theme was revamped
- Updated: The Clear Logos in the wheels are now slanted for a more authentic HyperSpin feeling
- Updated: The "Vertical Wheel 4" View and all Platforms Views are now stretching the videos to fill the whole screen for a more authentic HyperSpin feeling
- Updated: The timings for switching between the game title and additional game metadata were slightly reduced for the "Vertical Wheel 4" View
- Updated: The year of release in the Games Views was moved behind the game title
- Added: The community rating was added to the additional game metadata line
- Added: A new Games View was added: Text List
- Added: The changelog was added as .txt file inside the theme folder 
- Added: A guide for setting up the weather plugin was added as .pdf file inside the theme folder
- Added: Pointers were added for all platforms that were previously missing them. All platforms now have a complete artwork set
- Added: An alternative background and logo for the Commodore Amiga CD32 was added (by @reaper595)
- Added: Artwork for 14 new platforms was added. The theme now includes artwork for 198 platforms total!
		- Big Fish Games
		- Commodore PET
		- Creatronic Mega Duck
		- GOG
		- HBMAME
		- Java Games
		- Nintendo Super Game Boy
		- OUYA
		- Origin
		- Pinball Arcade
		- Sony PlayStation Minis
		- Steam
		- Uplay
		- Visual Pinball

If you already got version 1.1 you’ll only need to update if you use a different display resolution than 1920x1080!

Thanks to @MangaAddict for finding the issue.

Might be worth dropping it in here cid so people don't have to download the whole theme again. ;) 

• Thanks 1

Hey Cid, Is there an easy way to change the community star ratings to my own ratings?

*Easy meaning on my own by changing a log name or value somewhere, I don't want to add to your workload :) 

Edited by Rowen

Gotta say, this is the nicest looking theme I've seen yet and has taken over as my default theme, great job! Pretty sure I know the answer already, but is there any way to get the discs/cartridges to show in the text list with details view ?  I love how they show in the other views, but I prefer the text list rather than the clear logos as I find those too in your face and make it hard to navigate.

Thx,
CDBlue

23 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

Gotta say, this is the nicest looking theme I've seen yet and has taken over as my default theme, great job! Pretty sure I know the answer already, but is there any way to get the discs/cartridges to show in the text list with details view ?  I love how they show in the other views, but I prefer the text list rather than the clear logos as I find those too in your face and make it hard to navigate.

Thx,
CDBlue

+1 on this idea! I also grew very tired of hyperspin's "in your face" wheel :)

21 hours ago, Rowen said:

Hey Cid, Is there an easy way to change the community star ratings to my own ratings?

*Easy meaning on my own by changing a log name or value somewhere, I don't want to add to your workload :) 

Sure, just open all WheelGamesView xaml files in the Views folder and search in each file for the line which contains

Binding Path=ActiveGame.CommunityStarRating

Simply remove the "Community" from it so that i just says

Binding Path=ActiveGame.StarRating

and you're good to go.

19 hours ago, CDBlue said:

Thx,
CDBlue

Unfortunately no, as I haven’t found a satisfying solution for fading out the TextList there’s just not enough space to fit it in nicely without having it overlapping too much over the box art. Also there’s just one TextList View I can modify so you would also see them in platforms that don’t have nice clean disc/cart art with a transparent background, etc. without the possibility to deactivate them for specific platforms. Of course rotating discs also wouldn't work as well.

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly. You want to add collections as a new platform category?

That’s not really related to any themes and more a general thing in LaunchBox. When you choose to edit a platform or playlists inside LaunchBox, just click on the “Category” field and type in any category name you want. You are not limited to only the ones that are available in the dropdown menu as you can freely type in anything you want in that field and LB will create it for you.

13 minutes ago, grantoswisey said:

And it wont effect big box?

It will affect it in that it will add a new platform category, but that is a function of BigBox. When you edit a platform in the "category" box you can type in the name of any category you would like to create. Then you can set each platform to specific platform categories. As @CriticalCid mentioned you can make the platform category any name you want, you are not limited by BigBox.