LaunchBox Community Forums

9.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

30 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Make sure you actually have fanart for the games you are testing, and also that you dont have background fade set to 100%.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I was looking in the xaml file, what ended up working was setting my background priorities in LaunchBox options. Everything was unchecked.

Edit:

Although this works now, this overrides my default custom background for LaunchBox that I prefer as a global background. I'm sure this will be worked out later in the Game Startup options for more specific settings.

Edited by PanteraZombie
  • Like 1

The initial startup screens are looking great and have not really had any issues as of yet. I was looking through the xaml code a bit to see if I could change the amount of time the startup screen stays on screen before disappearing as it goes away so fast on my system. I am sure that feature is coming though? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bundangdon said:

The only issue for me though, is that there's a loading mouse-pointer floating around on the screen while CCS64 is running

That's actually not something that has anything to do with the start screen - that's an intermittent bug with the Windows version of CCS64 in general.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

That's actually not something that has anything to do with the start screen - that's an intermittent bug with the Windows version of CCS64 in general.

Okay, thanks a lot for pointing that out. I guess that I never really noticed it before since I tend to use the other c64 emulators more than ccs64

20 minutes ago, Wally said:

Maybe it is not relevant to the build but isnt it a bit excessive that LaunchBox takes up 1GB+ of RAM?

This is nothing new, the ram usage can vary quite a lot but 1 gig is not something that is out of the ordinary since it caches all of the images and playlist information. Ram nowadays is cheap, most systems have at minimum 8 gigs of ram and 16 is quickly becoming the norm while 32 gigs is not unheard of so 1 gig in the grand scheme of things is very little.

Web browsers with a few tabs open will quickly eat up the same amount of ram depending on the sites you have open.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

This would be better for the pause screen function once that is added, the loading screen goes too quickly to really read it on my system.

If there was an option to turn on that once the loading was finished it would wait for the player to press A for example that would allow one to have a glance at the controls first.

I would also like to have some basic game info on the loading screen if possible. Like extracts from the manual, controls etc.

Not sure how feasable that is though with the emulator booting in the background and stuff.

If not possible then its not a biggie since it will hopefully be on the pause screen, just one of those "would be nice" things :)

Edited by polygonslayer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, horse said:

i get a black screen with pcsx2 latest dev build, i need to mouse click on screen for picture to show

Same here..I think that's gonna get fixed in the next Beta though, but I wonder if anyone else found a way around the issue before then. I had to turn the startup off, and later found you have to turn it off in BigBox too since my Fiancee and I been playing more PS2 this month Ha!Ha!Ha! I think it's more the fact when something doesn't go Fullscreen and/or uses more than one window to run itself, then we're sure to get a black screen with sound that kinda stays on top of your game's screen until you can get out of it via Windows key or whatever

13 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Other users might simply want to choose their own specific game or system artwork rather than random fanart / backgrounds, which tend to vary greatly in both quality and relevance.

Yes.  I would enjoy fanart, but when there's a game that I don't like the fanart for, then I'd want to have my own custom backgrounds that I hand-pick.  You can do this in RL by just renaming the file(s) and dropping them into the fade's game specific folder.  It also randomly picks from the images when there are more than one.  It's also fun to see which one will display when you launch it "this time".

• Like 1

Hi @Jason Carr, when I use the new startup screen feature and the game is launched, I get a black screen. It seems that the startup screen (in black, after loading the game) doesn´t close itself and get as the focus window, but the game is working in another windows, so I need to do the "Alt+tab" to change the focus window. I thought that the problem would be Rocketlauncher, but I tested launching a game directly from LB.1682343912_blackscreen.thumb.png.98f8c682322ced7f6cf9d9c265e6b0cf.png

5 minutes ago, flores9 said:

Hi @Jason Carr, when I use the new startup screen feature and the game is launched, I get a black screen. It seems that the startup screen (in black, after loading the game) doesn´t close itself and get as the focus window, but the game is working in another windows, so I need to do the "Alt+tab" to change the focus window. I thought that the problem would be Rocketlauncher, but I tested launching a game directly from LB.1682343912_blackscreen.thumb.png.98f8c682322ced7f6cf9d9c265e6b0cf.png

The emulator needs to be in exclusive fullscreen mode for the moment, and looking at your Animal Crossing window i see the Dolphin menu bar at the top of the screen, so it is not in exclusive fullscreen mode. This is why you get a black screen.

Per Jasons first post in this thread.

"The startup screens currently do not work properly with emulators or games that do not use fullscreen exclusive mode (such as Project64). For most of these emulators, the startup screen overlaps the emulator and never shows the game. Pressing Escape should close the emulator and the startup screen to get out of this state. Fixes are coming in the next beta."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

hey @Jason Carr can you make the playlist option under "right click --> add to playlist" a bit more useful? maybe building a folder structure within the playlist folder per system where the playlist is located? else the manuell adding to a playlist is not really human anymore ?

1493280225_Bildschirmfoto2018-12-09um16_53_04.thumb.png.d68aace9cd8c1a47e97a96f2f436bd9a.png

Another thing this affects that I just noticed, is that it now takes forever to load the platform/playlist theme video downloader. With the newest version, the new playlists created for system genres etc. inherit the platform theme video anyway. Maybe these new playlists should only be included with a checkbox or some kind of option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, angelobodetti said:

Where can we manage fade screens? I cannot find it in options or console properties, etc... Do we have the ability to turn on and off as a whole or by platform yet?

There is just the option to turn on or off globally currently. Options/Game startup.

• Like 1