LaunchBox Community Forums

New Guy Needs Cred

C-Beats

Dude, what a way to present yourself! Loved your topic opener. I gave you a reaction on each one of your posts. Deserved.

I wish you the best in this new episode; hoping to hear and see great things from you and your teamwork alongside Jason :)

Now back to the basement; those lines of code will not get chopped by themselves!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Dude, what a way to present yourself! Loved your topic opener. I gave you a reaction on each one of your posts. Deserved.

I wish you the best in this new episode; hoping to hear and see great things from you and your teamwork alongside Jason :)

Now back to the basement; those lines of code will not get chopped by themselves!

Much obliged.

Not sure about CHOPPING lines of code. Launchbox is Jason's baby, I start chopping off limbs, he'd very quickly chop of my head. While I am not the fairest in the land I have grown quite attached to my dome and would prefer not to do something that would jeopardize it's existence!

• Unusual Gem 1

I see now that I have amassed a FOLLOWING! I thank you kind trendsetters for joining me on this journey. I must warn you that the path before us is a long and treacherous one. Some moments will be GLORIOUS, others a complete train-wreck. I can only guarantee you one thing.... It'll be one HECK of a ride! Buckle up, hold on tight, and lets see where this venture takes us!

• Game On 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

Welcome!

if you are looking to be a hero and you truly want to crush the competition, there is one thing that Jason hasn’t done yet and that is support for hyperspin themes. He will say we don’t support flash as it’s a legacy platform which is not wrong but something you will learn is (at least in my opinion) launchbox is in existent because hyperspin was too hard for users to set up. There are real benefits to launchbox, I’m a full member. I have minted or near minted my hyperspin set up. Launchbox continues to add things that are hyperspin features but the major thing that I would be losing simply put from using hyperspin is the following. Make these things and there are literally no features hyperspin would have over launchbox

- a robust theme engine for creators to make new themes (yes I know there was recently a plug-in created, it’s not enough yet)

-support for hyperspin themes. These are xmls, ones that move based on xml files and swf/flash). I know there are a few thousand recorded hyperspin themes that are mp4s that is currently the only way to support hyperspin themes which are basically a representative of the game and a game snap. I have a team minting the nes set, that’s about 900 themes. No one is going to want to record all of those into mp4s you catch my drift

I’d like to see a way to use all my hyperspin media. I love it, most of its even scraped from hyperspin anyway. I don’t want to have to wait hours or map like it’s my job. Hyperspin has very specific structure, it would be easy to assign a drive letter and know exactly where all the media is

all in all, excited to see what you can bring but dude, find a way to support hyperspin themes. That’s the biggest issue I have with leaving hyperspin, period

keep on being awesome though team, I continue to watch and update

@ninja2bceen dude, this is not a feature request thread and it's not like Christian will just go off and implement any old feature he wants to based on his whims. It's still Jasons product and he is Jasons employee.

I'm sorry but this whole post of yours is just coming off as a "hey new guy, make this stuff i want now" kind of thing and not really appreciated.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ninja2bceen said:

if you are looking to be a hero and you truly want to crush the competition, there is one thing that Jason hasn’t done yet and that is support for hyperspin themes. 

@CBeatt13 Does not need to do any of those things to be a hero. The fact that he is now part of Jason's team and can provide Jason some development help and further evolve Launchbox makes him hero enough. LB does not need HS themes to beat any competition. It never has even needed them to succeed. It has already proven that. 

• Thanks 1

No disrespect here all. I’m excited for the team! I must have read it wrong wrong. The title and some of the wording during my quick read I though he was trying to get a feel of the land. Reading it a third time I think he’s just trying to boast his avatar status lol. Nothing to see here but I would like the hyperspin theme support Jason and team lol. 

Welcome to the best community out there

13 hours ago, ninja2bceen said:

No disrespect here all. I’m excited for the team! I must have read it wrong wrong. The title and some of the wording during my quick read I though he was trying to get a feel of the land. Reading it a third time I think he’s just trying to boast his avatar status lol. Nothing to see here but I would like the hyperspin theme support Jason and team lol. 

Welcome to the best community out there

See, the power to post is not one to be taken lightly. You have caught a glimpse into what can happen when drunk with that power. It is a reminder to us all to be ever vigilant in our struggles keeping this monster of a responsibility in check.

13 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Welcome Christian so good to know the development has now been doubled. I really enjoyed reading through this thread you seem like a top bloke. One thing what's the name CBeatt13 all about?

Oh and goodluck in your quest to become 512-Bit King of Threads

It's a play on my name. I used it because I couldn't get the email I wanted with GMail. Just has stuck ever since.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats! Etc. etc. 

Why don't you tell us more about ...this?

On 10/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, CBeatt13 said:

There is also the added benefit that I secretly get to add in features I've been wanting for a while but couldn't add since I didn't have the source. Now I get a chance to be a little greedy, MUHAHAHAHA!