LaunchBox Community Forums

10.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

13 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Are they actually missing from the box front images folder? Just want to confirm if they in fact are missing or simply not being linked to the game. If images are still there can you confirm if the name of the image matches either the rom name or the name of the game exactly as it appears in Launchbox?

I had an issue where a metadata update changed the name of the game and a few images did not get linked because the name of the image and the game was now different. 

So here is one of my "Box - Front" directories in the first screenshot.  The file names look right to me.  That said, there is a folder called just "Front" that is empty,  As a test, I copied by 10-Yard Fight "Box - Front" image to the "Front" folder (see second screenshot) and refreshed Launchbox.  Sure enough, the box front showed up!  Ok, so what is this "Front" folder and why is Launchbox looking there instead of the "Box - Front" directory?  What did I miss?

launchbox04.JPG

launchbox05.JPG

12 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Hey, is anyone else having an issue where Viewing the Manual from the Pause screen is just giving a black screen and not loading? I've tried a couple different systems with the same result, though they are just different cores within RA. I'm on beta 3. Not sure if this has to do with upgrading. I'm still able to view the manual from within BB.

I have the same issue. Getting just a black screen when viewing a manual.

7 hours ago, donarumo said:

So here is one of my "Box - Front" directories in the first screenshot.  The file names look right to me.  That said, there is a folder called just "Front" that is empty,  As a test, I copied by 10-Yard Fight "Box - Front" image to the "Front" folder (see second screenshot) and refreshed Launchbox.  Sure enough, the box front showed up!  Ok, so what is this "Front" folder and why is Launchbox looking there instead of the "Box - Front" directory?  What did I miss?

launchbox04.JPG

launchbox05.JPG

Not sure. I see you also have a folder simply called "Back". That "Front" folder is definitely not a folder created by Launchbox (or at least never seen it create it) and all those subregion folders are more then what LB creates. If you right click and edit a game and then right click over the image in the bottom right of the edit pane does "Front" appear as an option?

Any chance this is a pre-built LB you downloaded and added your license to?

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 6.18.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 6.19.40 AM.png

18 minutes ago, klepp0906 said:

not sure if anyone else is seeing this, or if its related to the LB beta, but when mouse scrolling upward it seems to want to jump back against itself.

One would think it was a mouse thing - but it doesnt happen anywhere else (discord, browser, steam etc).

This can sometimes happen briefly when you scroll down to the bottom without letting the items above load up. It has to do with the dynamically sized boxes and the sizes of the boxes changing when they're loaded up. There's really no way around it without removing the dynamic box functionality, or ruining performance.

44 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This can sometimes happen briefly when you scroll down to the bottom without letting the items above load up. It has to do with the dynamically sized boxes and the sizes of the boxes changing when they're loaded up. There's really no way around it without removing the dynamic box functionality, or ruining performance.

gotcha.  thank you for the insight.   A necessary evil we'll call it.   Doesnt always happen, and only at certain speeds is it more prevalent, but figured id mention it nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

• Fixed manual not always working properly on the pause screen (introduced in previous beta)
  • Fixed profile pics not always showing up for leaderboards and such (hopefully fixed, not positive, let us know)
  • Added key and controller bindings in Big Box for showing the achievements profile
  • Fixed achievements not showing up in other themes
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ZeSystem said:

I'm having some annoying issue where when I scroll up with mousewheel it jumps the other way. Does not happen in any other programs.

Hope it gets fixed.

It was talked about a few posts before yours. 

18 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

not sure if anyone else is seeing this, or if its related to the LB beta, but when mouse scrolling upward it seems to want to jump back against itself.

One would think it was a mouse thing - but it doesnt happen anywhere else (discord, browser, steam etc).

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

• Like 1

Hey @Jason Carr. It's been a while since I've reached out. First of all, wanted to say that LB/BB has become in my eyes almost a complete product. There's nothing anything else I could ask for. Hats off to you. You've done a spectacular job in the last couple of years. There's only one small bug that's not that important, but I thought I'd share it with you nonetheless.

When using the filters to find games using Genres, Developers, Publishers, Play Modes, Versions etc. and using one of the three Horizontal Wheel game views, if you select a game list under one of the filters, the initial selection isn't correct. I took a screenshot to display an example:

627198869_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.16b7d1571e6f30ab7bb5bcaf73295980.jpg

I apologize for the blurriness, but as you can seem the game 007: James Bond for the Sega SG-1000 is being highlighted, but James Bond Jr. for the NES is being displayed. All I have to do is move the cursor to fix the problem though. As you can see, it's a small issue just related to the Horizontal Wheel game views when viewing them through the filters. I just wanted to bring this to your attention as it's probably a relatively simple bug fix (easy for a non-programmer to say haha) that's an easy oversight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beatlemaniac19 said:

Hey @Jason Carr. It's been a while since I've reached out. First of all, wanted to say that LB/BB has become in my eyes almost a complete product. There's nothing anything else I could ask for. Hats off to you. You've done a spectacular job in the last couple of years. There's only one small bug that's not that important, but I thought I'd share it with you nonetheless.

When using the filters to find games using Genres, Developers, Publishers, Play Modes, Versions etc. and using one of the three Horizontal Wheel game views, if you select a game list under one of the filters, the initial selection isn't correct. I took a screenshot to display an example:

627198869_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.16b7d1571e6f30ab7bb5bcaf73295980.jpg

I apologize for the blurriness, but as you can seem the game 007: James Bond for the Sega SG-1000 is being highlighted, but James Bond Jr. for the NES is being displayed. All I have to do is move the cursor to fix the problem though. As you can see, it's a small issue just related to the Horizontal Wheel game views when viewing them through the filters. I just wanted to bring this to your attention as it's probably a relatively simple bug fix (easy for a non-programmer to say haha) that's an easy oversight.

Have you tried this in other themes at all? Just wondering if it's a universal thing, or a omission/bug in that specific theme.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Have you tried this in other themes at all? Just wondering if it's a universal thing, or a omission/bug in that specific theme.

It seems to be a problem with CriticalZone in particular. It didn't work with any of those theme variations. I haven't downloaded any other themes so I can't tell you honestly.

I have noticed a bug in the numerical order for games not being in order after number 9. For example FIFA 2000 goes before FIFA 99, when it should be the other way around. Also tested by making up 2 games calling them Sonic The Hedgehog 9 and Sonic The Hedgehog 10, which results in Sonic 10 going before Sonic 9.

Untitled.thumb.png.931386094aae2c36c78870885784ba2d.png

16 minutes ago, MazeGuardian said:

I have noticed a bug in the numerical order for games not being in order after number 9. For example FIFA 2000 goes before FIFA 99, when it should be the other way around. Also tested by making up 2 games calling them Sonic The Hedgehog 9 and Sonic The Hedgehog 10, which results in Sonic 10 going before Sonic 9.

Untitled.thumb.png.931386094aae2c36c78870885784ba2d.png

Thats not a bug, its just how OS's sort when using numbers. If you called it Sonic 09 it would show first. This is just how it is.