LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Alright, beta 6 is out. I'm hoping this will be the final beta before the 6.12 release, and that we can put out 6.12 tomorrow. Fixed a number of things, including the multi-window focus issues in Big Box after launching games (please test if you have a dual monitor setup). Also fixed the following from the change log:

- Fixed: LaunchBox (not Big Box) was causing LEDBlinky to fire a list change and a game select command after a game started running
- Fixed: AutoHotkey was working properly for events, but not for executing commands on startup of emulators, etc.
- Removed: The import and export to zip file features were removed as they are no longer necessary when switching platforms between different LaunchBox installations; now it's as simple as just copying the platform's XML file and media files between installations

Finally, I added a new Producers tab to the About dialog for the Patreon contributors. :)

Thanks guys, let me know if anyone runs into any deal breakers before we put out the official 6.12 release tomorrow. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Jason Carr If you click on Details and then a game while using VLC engine in LaunchBox and then close the Details (top Right Menubar) the Video continues playing in the background.

ps works fine for WMP.

pps was like this in the last beta and this the newest beta.

Does the video keep playing in the background if you launch a game using the WMP playback engine? I had to instruct someone to switch to VLC. It always seems to be a battle of pros and cons for each of them. xD

@SentaiBrad @Jason Carr When using VLC from LaunchBox yes the video keeps playing in the background when you launch a game. WMP works perfect no video playing in background when launching a game or when you close the details.  Just checked it out now.

ps couldnt post this when quoting you @SentaiBrad had to take your quote out in order for it to post correctly.

Edited by Maddoc1007

Alright, just put out the official release. We have to draw the line somewhere of course. Good to finally have it out. :)

@Maddoc1007 Thanks for noting that; I'll add that to my list.

@shinra358 Honestly I don't think I did anything to fix those things but that's good to hear.

@WolfRamiO Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully I can get to that soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WolfRamiO said:

+1 i currently cant use my BT gamepads to navigate in BigBox.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, just put out the official release. We have to draw the line somewhere of course. Good to finally have it out. :)

@Maddoc1007 Thanks for noting that; I'll add that to my list.

@shinra358 Honestly I don't think I did anything to fix those things but that's good to hear.

@WolfRamiO Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully I can get to that soon.

thx, hopefully we can use our "cheap" gamepads soon.
If you need any tester, infos or logs, i am here!

pOpY

@Jason Carr 

i think the scroll speed issue can be ease fixed with options like "number of items to scroll in 1 second" and "time to wait before start auto scrolling when you move a direction"... implement it should be easy for you ^^

also, did you try using Media Player Classic on Launchbox/Bigbox? its pretty damn lightweight (more than Windows Media Player).

Edited by WolfRamiO
  • Like 1

@Jason Carr It looks like the bug is back on certain views that when you exit out of a game the game video does not start back automatically playing as it just shows a screenshot. The game videos start back automatically and work great on both coverflow views that have video but it does not work on the game wheels view or game background videos when you exit a game. It is the same with vlc and wmp as I tested both of these out. I was meaning to tell you before you got the official release out but I just got a chance to do so.

@Jason Carr I believe I found a bug playing around and was able to recreate. In big box (I'm using a 360 controller for navigation fyi) when I go back from the platform wheel to open up the options menu, then down to "view play modes" and select any of the 3 options, then back out of that list of games this occurs :

I'm not able to back out of the options menu to the main platform selection wheel. Anytime I hit back (b) or select back from the options menu it takes me to the view play modes list of 3. I can select other options but in order to get back to platforms I must exit and reenter. 

This happens also if using escape or hitting enter on "back"  using a keyboard. 

On 9/15/2016 at 7:55 PM, emko said:

still some issues with the  Download Metadata and Images.. process still does not behave correct

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1355/image-downloading#comment-29670883

here is one issue with it, i recorded it because maybe my explanation sucks 

as you can see the option   "Yes, but do not replace any exising fields"  does not work correct for example if one of the selected games has that image type and others don't  well it will not even try downloading the images for the games that don't have them.

In this example video its the clear logo you can see it won't get downloaded unless  i have only selected the games that don't have that image already.

Thanks

have you had to change to look into this?

Just had a case now where it wont even download any images for all the selected games that have no images if only one selected game has a image already.

Right now i just go to my image folder and deleted all the images and then do a select all and then it will redownload all the images and the missing ones but it takes a long time with a big collection of games, i would rather it just download the missing image types 

Thanks

Edit: Also it looks like it does download all the missing images etc until it hits a game where it has one image then anything after that game it won't download any images

for example 20 games and the 15th game has a cover image games 1-14 will download images, games after 15 won't.

Edited by emko