LaunchBox Community Forums

8.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I fixed that Retro Achievements bug for the next beta, which should be out later today. :)

Awesome! :)

Edit: Is this beta 6? Still a no go for me @Jason Carr, tested Alien 3 for Super Nintendo Entertainment System and achievements aren't showing up.

Edited by Typhon

@Jason Carr Just got this error while browsing my Windows platform, it actually popped two windows with the same error. Bigbox didn't crash after I closed them, but when I started moving again they popped again.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
App:     Big Box
Version: 8.0-beta-6
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void CleanUpRequestedStreamsList()
Source:  WindowsBase
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.CleanUpRequestedStreamsList()
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.Windows.Application.GetResourceStream(Uri uriResource)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<LoadImageAsyncForNamedResource>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<LoadImageAsyncForNamedResource>d__16.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<SetImageSourceAsyncForNamedResource>d__23.MoveNext()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Recent Log:
   9:01:07 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:07 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:08 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:01:08 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:01:08 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:01:08 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:01:08 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:01:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:01:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:01:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:01:10 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:10 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:12 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:01:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:01:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:01:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:01:13 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:13 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:15 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:15 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:01:15 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:01:15 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:01:15 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:01:16 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:16 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:18 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:01:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:01:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:01:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:01:19 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:19 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:29 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:29 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:01:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:01:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:01:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:01:40 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:40 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:41 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:01:41 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:01:41 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:01:41 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:01:52 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:01:52 PM Exception

Alright, beta 7 is now out as well with the beginnings of the new Retroarch Netplay integration (largely thanks to @Izegod who provided a plugin that did it a while ago). If you right-click on a game that supports Retroarch in LaunchBox, you should have a new Retroarch Netplay option. I will be integrating it with Big Box as well, though I haven't started on that yet.

I need everyone's help in testing it though, as Retroarch netplay is notoriously difficult and finicky. I'm currently copying stuff over to another machine of mine to give it a proper test. However, I could not get it working over localhost (I end up with a "netplay could not be initialized" message in Retroarch).

@Typhon I was actually referring to something else above, but I did get that fixed in this beta, so we should be good to go. It worked for Alien3, at least. :)

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, beta 7 is now out as well with the beginnings of the new Retroarch Netplay integration (largely thanks to @Izegod who provided a plugin that did it a while ago). If you right-click on a game that supports Retroarch in LaunchBox, you should have a new Retroarch Netplay option. I will be integrating it with Big Box as well, though I haven't started on that yet.

I need everyone's help in testing it though, as Retroarch netplay is notoriously difficult and finicky. I'm currently copying stuff over to another machine of mine to give it a proper test. However, I could not get it working over localhost (I end up with a "netplay could not be initialized" message in Retroarch).

@Typhon I was actually referring to something else above, but I did get that fixed in this beta, so we should be good to go. It worked for Alien3, at least. :)

Thank you very much for fixing the [details column - remember last position] issue. It's working great now! :)

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Can anyone provide a basic guide to using Retroarch netplay?  Been searching and can't find much, but it seems you need to be using the exact same version of Retroarch, exact same version of the core, and the exact same rom.  Makes sense, but doesn't connecting with someone become a bit difficult?  (Especially since in the Netplay Rooms I don't see where it lists the version of Retroarch the host is using.)

Also, will the netplay option be there if you use Rocketlauncher as the emulator?  (I don't see the option with a right-click).

Edited by alnyden

8 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Thank you very much for fixing the [details column - remember last position] issue. It's working great now! :)

I hate to say it, but I didn't touch anything to fix the game details side bar position saving...yet. The issue is that the position isn't saved if you close the sidebar, exit, and then open it up again on another launch. As far as I know it does save correctly otherwise. I still have this on my plate.

1 hour ago, alnyden said:

Can anyone provide a basic guide to using Retroarch netplay?  Been searching and can't find much, but it seems you need to be using the exact same version of Retroarch, exact same version of the core, and the exact same rom.  Makes sense, but doesn't connecting with someone become a bit difficult?  (Especially since in the Netplay Rooms I don't see where it lists the version of Retroarch the host is using.)

ETA Prime will be doing a tutorial video here soon. :)

• Like 1

Beta 8 is out now with the following:

- Improvement: LaunchBox now supports jump to game by letter (press an alphanumeric key on the keyboard), similar to Windows Explorer

- Fixed the multiple Retroarch emulators issue for Retroarch Netplay. If Retroarch is the main emulator on the game (if the title of the emulator starts with "Retroarch"), then that emulator will be used. Otherwise, LaunchBox will search for an emulator with the title of "Retroarch" that has an associated platform that matches the platform of the game.

- Hopefully fixed @wallmachine's issue backing out of the System menu when changing themes. Found a rare anomaly that I'm hoping was the cause of the problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2