LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carr, also want to point out that i am getting inconsistent autohotkey (emulator's ahk tab) results since either this new Beta or since 7.0 release. for example, i have my demul emulator ahk tab in LB setup to run and hide nomousy.exe -hide and then on game escape/exit, it runs it again with no parameters to unhide it. This always worked 100% before 7.0 or this beta, but now I see a weird thing. Sometimes it works as expected but sometimes (seemingly random) it will not run the nomousy run command in the first part of the ahk tab (on emulator startup), leaving the mouse pointer on top of the game. then when i exit the game it runs nomousy i think with no parameter because my mouse pointer is not hidden and i see nomousy.exe in task manager remain. maybe it's related to the new way you have authotkey, but it is indeed a bummer that i never know when it's going to work and when it's going to mess up.

@Jason Carr I made a bitbucket ticket for this, here is the link: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2097/videos-issues, but I am just going to place it here as well:

LaunchBox Version: 7.0 beta 2

Windows Version: 10 Pro

Issue 1

Problem occurs with: VLC and WMP

When you go to a game for instance Donkey Kong 64 and you select to play it, then the menu comes up which says play, play video and so on. When this menu appears, the video continues to play but the audio of the video is muted (Except not on Text Line With Details). I assume this is because with Text Line with Details, when the menu appears it does not do a full page transition to a new page as with the other views. When you back out of the menu, the audio of the video is still muted. The audio only returns when go to another game and comes back. Soundtrack audio works fine, it is only video audio.

(Edit: Audio now muted for Text Line With Details too with official 7.0 release).

(Edit: This happens when Prioritize Music Soundtrack Audio over Video Audio is enabled)

Issue 2 (VLC only)

The first game you select in a platform and the menu appears and you back out, the video is gone (Except not on Text Line With Details). Again assuming this is because with Text Line with Details, when the menu appears it does not do a full page transition to a new page as with the other views

Issue 3

When you edit a game in Launchbox the game's video on the side stops and disappears instead of pauses, and does not resume after the Edit box is gone

Edited by AVissie

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

How are download speeds for everybody else? Where are you located @neil9000? I just tested and of course it's fast for me but it seems it always is.

The speed varies for me (I live in Sweden). Right now it was fast, 50 seconds. When upgrading to 7.0 it took about 3-4 minutes.

It definitely seems to be slower if many people are downloading. You're sleeping in the US at this hour? And now the download is fast.  

Anyway, a slow download isn't really an issue for me.

@Jason Carr Here is screenshot of object reference in visual studio when using the new video element and a screenshot of the pixellation that occurs when scrolling only sometime through platforms using vlc engine it is very sporadic, i sorted out the Wmp background video not sizing properly by binding new video element to canvas.  

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Edited by Maddoc1007

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:58 PM, Pacman56 said:

It took 16 minutes 39 seconds to download this time. In the past (a few months ago), I remember it took less than 2 minutes.

Like I said...It doesn't bother me at all. I also just let it do it's thing. I'm just reporting to help @Jason Carr

FYI: My Internet bandwidth is 30 Mbits/sec 

BTW. Happy birthday @neil9000 

Thanks @Pacman56,

Wasn't on yesterday, I was suffering from a monumental hangover!!! Missed the live stream also, I'm gonna catch up on that this evening.

Oh by the way I'm on a 40 Mbit/sec connection, and it was slow for me, but as I said it is what it is, I'm happy to wait for it because @Jason Carr is iterating and improving it at such a rapid pace that I'm amazed the download size is still so small.

Thanks all, I will review the rest of the thread in detail later, but I just released 7.1-beta-3 with the following fixes:

- Fixed: Imports were sometimes failing at various spots when importing multiple discs

- Fixed: VLC-related HostVisual errors

- Fixed: Genre changes in batch edit were sometimes not getting saved

Doing a bit of back and forth because of the holidays, but I'll be back to the thread shortly. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks all, I will review the rest of the thread in detail later, but I just released 7.1-beta-3 with the following fixes:

- Fixed: Imports were sometimes failing at various spots when importing multiple discs

- Fixed: VLC-related HostVisual errors

- Fixed: Genre changes in batch edit were sometimes not getting saved

Doing a bit of back and forth because of the holidays, but I'll be back to the thread shortly. :)

Wow that was bad timing!!! I hit submit, and a new beta is out!!

• Like 1

@Jason Carr, sorry just a quick one for you I think its a easy fix, but what do I no? I picked up this awesome little tablet today, which comes with a massive xbox controller dock, u slide the tablet in and its good for in home streaming. However when its docked its a xbox controller, when its not docked its a tablet. I had a nightmare trying to set controller buttons, because I didn't have a escape button! I use the escape button to clear buttons in bigbox to assign myself. Problem I had is once the xbox dock is docked I cant plug in a keyboard and mouse, its either or. It would be nice if after you go through the gamepad setup in bigbox you could select a button, or button combo to clear the selected button. I had to download a intel app on my phone to hit escape!!

I encountered a bit of a strange one this evening, I was trying out a game on MAME and my controls wouldn't work. I opened up the Tab menu and all of my controls had been reset to default keyboard input. Everything was fine prior to updating to the current 7.0 official release.