LaunchBox Community Forums

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the right place for this question... and not sure where to go for help on this.

How do you show the platform name in the game detail section using this theme? If a playlist hosts games from multiple platforms, with each platform using a different controller, there is no way to know what controller to use unless the platform is shown in the game detail section. We currently have several playlists with games that use 6 different controllers, and we don't know which controller to use for the selected game. 

1 hour ago, Tom123 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this question... and not sure where to go for help on this.

How do you show the platform name in the game detail section using this theme? If a playlist hosts games from multiple platforms, with each platform using a different controller, there is no way to know what controller to use unless the platform is shown in the game detail section. We currently have several playlists with games that use 6 different controllers, and we don't know which controller to use for the selected game. 

See me response in your other thread about this. 

I use this theme exclusively, with some platforms set to Wheel2GamesView (first screenshot), some to Wheel4GamesView (second screenshot).  It seems that regardless of view selected, Big Box looks for a video in the video Theme folder (theme video), and if one is not present, it selects a video from the root folder (non-theme video).  My question...would it be possible to edit the Wheel2GamesView.xaml so that it only pulls a non-theme video, even if a theme video is present?  It can be hard to see the theme videos in the smaller video border on this view.  Thanks.

1708561728_UnifiedRedux1.jpg.6c7461f09de9e6f563985c38b994aa6e.jpg

image.thumb.png.64d41430a10a821a3d02296e23b9a1f6.png

1 hour ago, darreldearth said:

Is it possible to make the platform wheels not fade out completely and be the same as the games wheels when you're within a system looking at the games? They seem to fade to about 25% which i personally like if it's possible. 

Yes. You would have to edit the theme’s code for the view you are using and adjust the animation times. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 3:51 AM, darreldearth said:

Is this theme going to be updated to use the new 3D rotatable boxes? or is it going to stay with the 3D static images?

For now I will stay with static 3D boxes. Most platforms need proper spine or full box art first before I'll update Unified to use the new 3D models.

I’m not a huge fan of custom media and prefer that my artwork is looking like the real thing. The current solution for missing spines is great for people who don’t care about that but for me are most of the current 3D box art sets the better choice for simple views like in Unified.  I love the new 3D system and all the possibilities you can do with that, but I need the proper artwork first before I can really appreciate it.

Now with Jason updating his Unified versions to use 3D models I’m also thinking that it's a good idea to keep my version like it is, so that people have the choice to choose whatever they prefer.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered already, can the video snap windows be changed to 16:9 on a platform by platform basis? I would like to remove the black bars for instance on the nintendo switch videos. I can use photoshop to make up some custom hardware style bezels to try and achieve this but ideally I'd like to change the platform code and make new bezels with the right aspect ratio, I just don't have the first clue on codes and xml files.

Thanks for any help and advice.

2 hours ago, SCKiller8180 said:

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered already, can the video snap windows be changed to 16:9 on a platform by platform basis? I would like to remove the black bars for instance on the nintendo switch videos. I can use photoshop to make up some custom hardware style bezels to try and achieve this but ideally I'd like to change the platform code and make new bezels with the right aspect ratio, I just don't have the first clue on codes and xml files.

Thanks for any help and advice.

It can, but the code may be a bit advanced, especially if you are starting from square one with WPF.

If you create the bezel someone would probably be able to help you though.

Hi,

This has probably been discussed somewhere (I've looked honest!)

Does anyone have an updated version of the Neo Geo MVS video border. As I recall, in the arcade the diagonal white lines face inwards toward the logo rather than away from it.

I'm sure someone has tweaked this and I'd love it if they could share the png or even psd/xcf as Unified is still my favourite theme.

Thanks!

SNK Neo Geo MVS.png

having an issue with this theme. so long story short had the view on my platform that spins the disks from the front artwork spine. everything was working fine turned my pc off and back on next day now i just have a still image of the disk in front of the box art. Every one keeps saying change the view but i know that's not the issue. Could it be that something in the theme files is missing now or corrupt because i reinstalled the theme and tried different views with the same result. If i use unified redux the disks spin but I Don't like that theme. Any advise would be appreciated. 

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Go to the following folder:

\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified\Images\Theme\Pointer

The pointer you want to replace is called: _PlatformViews.png

I know, but my question is: how to have different pointer image for arcade/consoles/handheld/snes/mega drive/sega classics/cps1, etc.? Right now it shows the bigbox logo for everything.

Edited by vgbox

You can’t have different pointers for each platform category like handhelds, consoles, etc.. That’s something that wasn’t possible when I created this theme back in 2018. I don’t know if it’s possible now because a lot has changed within the theming engine since then. But even if it would be possible now, the theme itself couldn’t take advantage of that in its current state.

If you get the default pointer for your platforms or playlists than I would guess that their names don’t match the names of the pointer files. Just rename the pointers to the name of your platform/playlist (their unique name, not their nested or sort title!) and you should be good.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...