LaunchBox Community Forums

13.6 Beta Thread

faeran

On 7/21/2023 at 6:31 PM, Drybonz said:

On the new default theme, is it possible to disable the "hover" titles on the box front art (I think it's called the box content view)?  I already have the title showing under the box art, so it seems redundant, and looks a bit cluttered.  I wasn't sure if there was an existing option for that.  Thanks.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, kobaturtle said:

Same request, I didn't find a way  to disable it

This will be available in the official release. It will adhere the Show Text on All Games option.

On 7/22/2023 at 12:39 AM, SqHd said:

Looking good! One thing I noticed with the new default theme; when in list view none of the arrange by filters work. In image view, they filter correctly.

List view is designed to sort by column headers.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:03 PM, spycat said:

I just updated from 13.5 official to 13.6 beta 6 with no issues.
However, in the LaunchBox Themes Manager I can only see the Default and Old Default themes, and not Default, Old Default and Old Default (Legacy) as mentioned in the update splash window.

You'll see it appear in the theme manager sometime shortly after release. We will most likely also have it available on the forums. The theme itself is deemed legacy and will not be receiving any updates moving forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, faeran said:

This will be available in the official release. It will adhere the Show Text on All Games option.

Thanks... the default theme is coming along nicely with these small changes.  Thanks for listening to the feedback.  I'm also wondering, along the same lines as the text, is there an option, or could one be included, to remove the top pane from the game and platform details bar?  It looks good but it seems redundant to have the game or platform name twice right next to each other.  I would like to see my images in that space.

Also, I like the animated glare effect on the box fronts... that was a nice touch.  Looks good.

Having a strange problem with 13.6.: I can no longer savely remove my external LB-harddrive after closing LB.

I made a few tests:

1) Reboot - launching LB 13.6. - close it - try to savely remove HD: FAILED (I tried many times, LB seems to close fine and isn't running in the task manager)
2) Reboot - not launching LB - try to savely remove HD - WORKS
3) Reboot - rolling back to 13.5 - launching LB - close it - try to savely remove HD: WORKS

Can anyone reproduce this? I searched the task manager, but couldn't find any LB-related tasks, which could be the cause for this. Trying to find out, if it's a general or local problem.

3 hours ago, hoderer said:

Having a strange problem with 13.6.: I can no longer savely remove my external LB-harddrive after closing LB.

I made a few tests:

1) Reboot - launching LB 13.6. - close it - try to savely remove HD: FAILED (I tried many times, LB seems to close fine and isn't running in the task manager)
3) Reboot - rolling back to 13.5 - launching LB - close it - try to savely remove HD: WORKS

Can anyone reproduce this? I searched the task manager, but couldn't find any LB-related tasks, which could be the cause for this. Trying to find out, if it's a general or local problem.

not being able to remove ("eject") the disk could be an infinite number of things. I use external docks to move my disks between systems and it happens far more often, almost all the time, on Windows 10. Yet on Windows 11 I can always eject the disks. There are times I restart Windows 10 and try to eject before anything even launches....still get the message it cannot due to being used....even though it's not really being used. Sometimes it randomly works, even after using LB/BB. 

A normal shutdown is perfectly safe, it will flush anything it needs to and then you can power off and remove your disk(s) afterwards. You do not need to be ejecting the disk(s) prior to a shutdown. If you wanted to remove the disk(s) prior to a shutdown and this occurs....well.....it just ain't gonna happen and you would need to shutdown or at least try a restart. 

Been using LB/BB since around v12, it's certainly not version related. Close any other game launchers like Steam, Uplay, Epic, Rockstar, Origin etc if those games exist on same disk(s). Try to restart Windows Explorer. Those are about the only two things I've ever had to do. This is something at the OS level, I wouldn't be blaming LB/BB from my experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hoderer said:

I made a few tests:

This may be related to new logic that installs font files to the system so they can be used by Default theme and seen in the options menu. We are looking into other reports of files getting locked because of this logic and is on the short list of things to look into. The font install logic is a session install meaning restarting the computer would release the lock. I'm unsure if simply logging out would or would not do the same.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This may be related to new logic that installs font files to the system so they can be used by Default theme and seen in the options menu. We are looking into other reports of files getting locked because of this logic and is on the short list of things to look into. The font install logic is a session install meaning restarting the computer would release the lock. I'm unsure if simply logging out would or would not do the same.

OK so my issues sure don't seem LB related. This never occurred with Windows 7, and I have yet to experience a real stuck disk with Windows 11.

Windows 10 on the other hand....constantly occurs with or without LB being in the mix. For what it's worth

I have found some random LB process, usually two instances when I do find them, running after closing LB/BB. But manually ending them has never helped the issue. Hence why I would assume the issue lies elsewhere. I've had no concrete proof of LB or any other single program at that being the culprit, with the only exception being Windows 10 sure seems more prone to the problem. 

And if this matters, it only occurs with internal disks being connected externally. If it's an external disk by design like a USB thumb drive this issue doesn't occur. So I would bet this is most likely impacting users who either use a 2.5" or 3.5" disk that is in a self-contained enclosure or use a dock. I've only used USB to connect disks like this so not sure if for example if something like Thunderbolt connected disks would suffer the same issue. 

I have noticed that in the final version 13.6, when you put the cursor over a game, the full name appears in a popup as if it did in the last beta.

In other words, when you select the game and leave the mouse there, the entire name appeared before and now nothing appears.

2 minutes ago, ToniBC said:

I have noticed that in the final version 13.6, when you put the cursor over a game, the full name appears in a popup as if it did in the last beta.

In other words, when you select the game and leave the mouse there, the entire name appeared before and now nothing appears.

This was changed before release. The tooltip will now only appear if you have View > Show / Hide > Text on All Games disabled.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

This was changed before release. The tooltip will now only appear if you have View > Show / Hide > Text on All Games disabled.

4 minutes ago, cheguewara said:

Many Games with long Titles are all cut... it there a way use 2 rows for the Game Title?

The problem is that, is that if the name is very long, it doesn't come out complete and in the previous beta, the full name was shown when you left the mouse over the game.

Now we only have to see the name cut or not see it and only when you hover over the game.

Another option could be that the name of the game would scroll, but it would be slower. I think it's better to leave the two options as before or put a new option to see the name when you hover over the game and that's it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToniBC said:

The problem is that, is that if the name is very long, it doesn't come out complete and in the previous beta, the full name was shown when you left the mouse over the game.

Now we only have to see the name cut or not see it and only when you hover over the game.

Another option could be that the name of the game would scroll, but it would be slower. I think it's better to leave the two options as before or put a new option to see the name when you hover over the game and that's it.

The "mouse over" only works on the badges for me, nothing else. 

Edited by The Papaw

7 hours ago, thewhite said:

I'm not sure if is the right place, but how we disable the rounded corner (front box) on the default theme 13.6? There is a option in launchbox or we need to edit a file?

Technically not the correct place as comments here should be based on testing of releases. A theme subthread would have been better.

To answer you question though you would need to copy the Default theme folder and rename the new copy. Then you can edit that new theme and would need to change the theme's code to get rid of the rounded corners. The Default theme's code can never be directly edited. I believe you want to look for BoxesContentView edit that. Then look for line 232 and change CornerRadius to 0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys could open a thread for feedback on the new default theme since it is such a major addition.  I'm sure people would like to get in a conversation about it if you gave them a new thread instead of this one.  Just a suggestion.

The bottom bar which had play music as well as other options is gone now. is there an option to re-enable it? Otherwise, is the only way to play music by right clicking now? Also, when selecting to show Text for all games it shows the developer along with the name of the game. is there a way to hide the developer and only show the name of the game?

When I upgraded to 13.6 I am getting this error while using the R1 on the controller. which is changing the size of the window.

Width and Height must be non-negative.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.6
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.ArgumentException
Site:    Void .ctor(Double, Double)
Source:  WindowsBase

at System.Windows.Size..ctor(Double width, Double height)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CondensedPanel.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
   at MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(UIElement element, Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.StackPanel.StackMeasureHelper(IStackMeasure measureElement, IStackMeasureScrollData scrollData, Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.StackPanel.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.StackPanel.StackMeasureHelper(IStackMeasure measureElement, IStackMeasureScrollData scrollData, Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell(Int32 cell, Boolean forceInfinityV)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32 cellsHead, Size referenceSize, Boolean ignoreDesiredSizeU, Boolean forceInfinityV, Boolean& hasDesiredSizeUChanged)
   at MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(UIElement element, Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ScrollContentPresenter.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32 cellsHead, Size referenceSize, Boolean ignoreDesiredSizeU, Boolean forceInfinityV, Boolean& hasDesiredSizeUChanged)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ScrollViewer.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Documents.AdornerDecorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Transitions.TransitionPresenter.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.Documents.AdornerDecorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverrideHelper(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

6:27:33 AM Exception