LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL platform video set 2.1.5

(13 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS IT ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. I hope you like it ! ?
Here are planned development axes:

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.fed9b06df75df2a59326dc522e4b2af0.jpg

# HERE IS COLORFUL PLATFORM VIDEO SET:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Platform Video Set:
A complete new series of platform video for our frontend!
Colorful is a modern and elegant way to present each platform, with its hardware of the time. With maximum accuracy and future proof. (4K video) 

# I NEED YOUR HELP PATREON ?
I will make a first batch of 65 systems, according to my personal use.
But we are far from covering any game system!
If the community doesnt take over the creation, 2 choices:   the project stops  /or/  I finish it.
Problem, creating these videos takes a loooooot of time. And I have to deal with a full-time CGI artist job and 2 young kids.
So I opened a Patreon page that could allow me to dedicate days on my work time to continue creating video.
I'm not trying to get rich, but like everyone else, I cant spend 1 day/week working for free! I hope you understand.
If the project interests you: Here is my Patreon page.

Colorful_video_set_detail_by_viking.thumb.png.7dae58fccf97422fecda2c114aea0409.png# IN DETAIL ?
Obviously, Colorful is a direct legacy of my previous video set "Nostalgia". But improved on all aspects:

• Centred design with colorful background, according to the platform. (theme/logo/box/design)
  • 4K video (3840x2160px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • HD video (1920x1080px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • Only available in 16:9, but design compatible with 4:3 crop.
  • All designs are completly rebuilt.
  • More care of details.
  • More TV variety and better accuracy.
  • Arcade cabinet fully made in CGI, by myself. More variety and better accuracy.
  • Added characteristic effect on CRT TV.
  • Added platform boot screen. (if existing)
  • All sources will be available soon. (Community effort!)

# ABOUT CODEC FORMAT ?
Initially, I was thinking of working in H265, more modern for 4K. But after talking with Jason, this is problematic on some old configuration and with Windows Media Player, which doesn't support it.
So, I will leave you the choice!

• 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h264 AAC 
  • 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h265 AAC   (only on EmuMovies FTP)
  • HD | 1920x1080 | mp4 h264 AAC

- On this download page = Only 4K - h264
 -
On Download theme videos tools = both, 4K + HD version
 -
On EmuMovies FTP = The 3 versions!

# A PREVIEW OF ALL THIS ?

Colorful_video_set_by_viking.thumb.jpg.d611cb3280cc2f0a2f470b30a179b966.jpg

# A COMMUNITY EFFORT ? 
Yes, all sources are available on a dedicated page.  Everyone can create their own videos that will be included here, in this set. 
Some rules to follow:
  - Advertise on this thread which platform you want to achieve.
  - Post the work in progress on the same thread, for exchange/feedback.
  - Post the final video + sources on the same thread or by MP. To avoid scattering and centralize everything here.
  - I will moderate the general quality of your proposals for a coherent result.
So, I acting like a modertor on this thread.

Do you want to participate? Cool !! I post soon a guideline tutorial !

🏆 Community Wall of Fame 🏆

# OK, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
3 ways :

1. One by one - right here, with the download button at the top right.
  2. Automatically - in LaunchBox > Tools > Download theme videos tools > Select "Colorful 4K" or "Colorful HD"
  3. By batch - On the Emumovies   FTP ://Official/Platform Videos/COLORFUL Platform Video Set by VIKING V2

selection_video_set.thumb.jpg.e971069d2e3e312a954df6f74a5a2406.jpg

# SPECIAL THANKS : 

• @Jason Carr for his hard work on LaunchBox/BigBox!
  • @faeran for his huge work on the theme!
  • To all Patreon guys! A GIANT THANKS to all of you!!! ?
  • The whote community for yout support!

# SOURCES - COPYRIGHT :

• Each brand of hardware and software here represented as a tribute.
  • Emumovies for (most) gameplay videos
  • The Vanamo Online Game Museum for (most) photos.
  • If special credit, see .TXT file in the corresponding source archive.

Edited by viking

What's New in Version 2.1.5   See changelog

Released

Little UPDATE today  =)
Thank you for your patience!

• Like 51
  • Thanks 22
  • Game On 2
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This looks great! Been a fan of the Nostalgia vids and thought I'd never switch... well, I might just change my mind on that :)

• Haha 1

Brilliant! Cleanest and best platform videos out there. Are you planning to do videos for the platform categories also (consoles, computers, etc)?

• Thanks 2

love it.  Could you render the arcade one with your white background like the other viking vids?  I really like that one.

Thank you so much for the new update! I love the vintage/nostalgia set and looking forward to replace all the videos on my personal build with Colorful versions in the future. :)

• Thanks 1

These are great, very nice looking, clean and help my large collection run a tad quicker. Thank you and can't wait for more to be added to the collection ! 

• Thanks 1

Thx guys !! ?

@MetalRaven Yes, there will be more. You will see the list of the first batch at the bottom of the download page (Spoiler form)
The ultimate goal is to cover ALL gaming systems. I'll let you read the details in the download page about it.

Amazing work as usual @viking!! Maybe you and @eatkinola can chat about getting these to work with your game list once you select a platform. I love seeing my library appear on the different screens as I scroll. It's such a nice feature. Again, incredible work. Thank you @viking!

I hope I don't sound demanding, it's just pure excitement!

Edited by CutTheRug
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viking said:

Thx @CutTheRug ! Yes, sure, why not !
I realese soon all source file. Photoshop and AfterEffect. So theme creator can used them  !

Oh nice! I didn't know that. You're the man!

What absolutely incredible work @viking. I have only just discovered this and I am completely floored by the quality and attention to detail.

Will you be releasing the source files for the existing platforms or just to create new one's? I can see a need to possibly change a background colour depending on the theme you're applying it to.  Well done and what an incredible thing to share. 

Thx @Indyj !

Yes, I will release all sources. For all platform I make. Photoshop and AfterEffect files. (CS6 and sup)
I'll put all this online on a dedicated page.

The game rules will be simple:

• All participants will post their  work in progress on this dedicated forum thread. Objective: Overall quality and respect of the guidelines.
  • All participants will post on the thread the final video & sources. It is me who will upload here the final result. ObjectiveCentralize and avoid the multiple download page.
  • Like 2

I am so thankful for your work, you really have made my big box stand truly out, thanks so much for your creative and awesome work :)

• Haha 1

Thank you so much for this set! I was using Nostalgia for a long time, thinking nothing would make me change from this already great set...I was wrong :) 

BTW, thanks also for the Colorful BigBox theme! Insta switch!

• Thanks 1

@viking these, together with the theme are really wonderful. Thanks a lot! I Would love to have a ScummVM platform video. That is the only one of my platforms that isn't covered already.

• Thanks 1