LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme 2.03

(22 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS COLORFUL MEDIA SET ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. Hope you like it!!

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.cc3347194aedf12be1e85d8640be0d23.jpg

OFFICIAL COLORFUL ASSET :

RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY ASSET :

# HERE IS COLORFUL THEME FOR BIGBOX:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Theme for BigBox:
Design for work with my platform video set, COLORFUL THEME is thought to be used on the big screen (TV) in gaming console mode.
Modern, elegant and animated are the key words of this interface.

The COLORFUL project is getting too big for me alone.
@faeran  has taken over the source code of the theme. A BIG THANKS to you for your support and your precious help !! :x

# IN DETAIL ?
The main features :

• 16:9 only. (Works on other ratio, but with black bands)
  • Full 4K asset. (Any resolution must work, 4K assets)
  • Totally responsive. No resolution deformation on text size or placement.
  • Because of the white/black background, some ClearLogo comes with the theme.
  • Gamepad connection indicator & battery level.

# RECOMMENDATION ?
Any design choice gives limitations. Here are some recommendations for this theme :

• LaunchBox/BigBox up to date.
  • VLC highly recommended.
  • Design for work with COLORFUL platform video set. (but you can use any video you what)
  • Beware of full white/black ClearLogo. They will be invisible on Light/Dark views!
  • I didnt test this theme on a lowend configuration. There may be slowdown. (Curious to have your feedback on this subject!)

# COOL, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
2 ways

1.  In Windows : Right here, with the download button. Extract the "Colorful" folder and place it in your "LaunchBox/Themes" directory.   (dont rename it!)
  2.  In BigBox : Option > Theme manager > Found "COLORFUL - Light" or "COLORFUL - Dark"

# HOW TO EDIT ?
You can now edit this theme within the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files below (current version from the CTC 2.3):

# SPECIAL THANKS !

# CREDITS !

# BY FILE, EVERY CUSTOM VIEW SUMMARY  (Here in LIGHT. Same principle/animation for DARK)

• PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.c5efedc6b7a6e4bd4962a12beeee0aec.gif
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.c22bf2a1583f94b203079adde1f813e4.gif
  • WheelGamesView.xaml :
  •  474073990_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.43f1b19a91943b09dd8d76b8d0947516.jpg
  • Wheel2GamesView.xaml :
  • 634414446_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.7bfa1eeb24d854f4d380e139c60f5a1e.jpg
  • TextGamesView.xaml :
  • 555591633_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.cf0e7cbf54f36b556cd4aba64dae5171.jpg

What's New in Version 2.03   See changelog

Released

• Fix animations in certain views when backing out of the Game Details menu.
  • Potentially other small fixes here and there.
  • Like 56
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 5
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Salut! Really in love with your theme, for me it's the most beautiful around. The big problem for me is that it's "slow", I mean, when you see the wheel, the info of system or game shows wayyyy later, and it's not convenient for me for day to day use. Would really love a "light" version of it, faster (more practical)  without the right to left transitions.

Thanks and cheers mon ami

I really like the theme, is it possible to maybe shrink the video and have the box art and 2 screenshots below?  I'm not keen on the box art in the middle.  I love the aesthetic.

Hey Viking, i want to update my startup theme to go with each system colours, can you provide the HEX or RGB codes used for each platform?

Edited by Palada

You can find them in the theme:
Colorful\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig  :  Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config

But wait a few hours, there will be an update ;)

• Game On 1

1 hour ago, viking said:

You can find them in the theme:
Colorful\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig  :  Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config

But wait a few hours, there will be an update ;)

Awesome update viking! Will there be a PlatformWheel4FiltersView.xaml with the initial scroll in dark mode?

This theme keeps getting better and better ???

• Thanks 1

Tried installing through big box and manually through the site, when I try to load the theme I get these error messages.

Any help? Would love to try this theme.

525847156_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.a451c438dac8c129f2f2ec6f75371d90.png349602048_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.1f9510d770202fe9dc7cf6b5b2c64acc.png326226744_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.eda535605eee471c6faa840175c35349.png236393353_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.12ea3940ba836e82dccd947058c8c91b.png

Amazing!

If possible, it would be nice to make a variation of the TextGamesView but showing the Logo images.

My congratulations on the work, it's really good!

I'm apparently having an issue on mine.. several of the missing Platform images that are for some reason not included in the default download (installed directly from within Big Box) aren't loading, even when I put them in the correct format in my Themes\COLORFUL\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo folder (example: Sony Playstation). Any help or ideas?

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 3:07 PM, DroneSA said:

I'm apparently having an issue on mine.. several of the missing Platform images that are for some reason not included in the default download (installed directly from within Big Box) aren't loading, even when I put them in the correct format in my Themes\COLORFUL\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo folder (example: Sony Playstation). Any help or ideas?

Me too having the same problem...tried adding a Sony Playstation.png file but it did not work

13 minutes ago, 8bitGeko said:

Me too having the same problem...tried adding a Sony Playstation.png file but it did not work

I was able to solve it. After I added the png file to the directory, I opened up Launchbox again (not Big Box), went into tools and clicked Refresh All Images. Then restarted the program and voila, it was there.

By chance does anyone know of a way to keep the dark gray background with Plateform Wheel 3? I love this theme and have based everything around it by customizing logos, creating box art in photoshop, finding marquees, etc. Though I'm a competent graphic artist, I'm an absolute noob at this.. especially if there's coding involved BUT I'm will to try! :)

Thanks to any direction in advance that may help! 

44 minutes ago, Saotome86 said:

By chance does anyone know of a way to keep the dark gray background with Plateform Wheel 3? I love this theme and have based everything around it by customizing logos, creating box art in photoshop, finding marquees, etc. Though I'm a competent graphic artist, I'm an absolute noob at this.. especially if there's coding involved BUT I'm will to try! :)

Thanks to any direction in advance that may help! 

I haven't looked at it myself yet, but it should just be a simple asset swap or change of color code in the XML for that view.

Hello, loving this theme.

Was just wondering if you will be adding an option to move the cover art of the game to somewhere, so it doesn't cover game preview videos?

Capture.PNG

Also the aspect ration for some games videos is too large for the box for some reason. Anyway to adjust that? That was a video downloaded from emumovies.

Edited by KD90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 6:18 AM, KD90 said:

Hello, loving this theme.

Was just wondering if you will be adding an option to move the cover art of the game to somewhere, so it doesn't cover game preview videos?

Capture.PNG

Also the aspect ration for some games videos is too large for the box for some reason. Anyway to adjust that? That was a video downloaded from emumovies.

I would love to see the box art disappear after a short period like other themes. I believe this has been asked for by others as well. I noticed there hasn't been any updates in over 3 months??? I bet Viking will blow us away when there is another one!?

23 hours ago, qyuburt said:

Absolutely beautiful theme probably the best on the platform in my opinion. 

Any thoughts to adding a Future Pinball platform video?

Thx !
Yes, Futur Pinball Platform Video is planned. But I don't know when! I will probably need some help from the community for the Pinball emulator gameplay videos. I will post on the Colorful Video topic.

22 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I would love to see the box art disappear after a short period like other themes. I believe this has been asked for by others as well. I noticed there hasn't been any updates in over 3 months??? I bet Viking will blow us away when there is another one!?

Hmm. It's a good idea!
For me, it's important to have a BIG BoxArt, even if the video is a little hidden. But making it disappear slowly seems to me a good compromise. I add it to my ToDO!

Yes, I know I haven't posted an update for a while. I am really sorry !
But it's been almost 2 months that I am in quarantine, at home, managing 2 young children (3 + 2) and a full-time job from my living room. It's very hard ! I really do my best.
Here is an overview of my ToDo, to give you an idea of what comming next:

- Theme: Integration of the update of the Eatkinola plugin / Generalization of all my optimization tests, on all views.
- Theme: Split in 2 independent versions: Light & Dark / Finalization of all views in these 2 versions.
- Source: Finalization of tutorials and posting of a new topic, with 100% of the source files of my videos already produced. (It's a big job to set up)
- Video: Pause the theme a bit, to produce new platform videos. 
- and more ?

• Unusual Gem 2

Hey Viking! I am very new to Big Box so with that in mind, everything looks great in this but my pictures of the consoles won't load! Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Looks great!

image.png

Edited by Broklii

Hey Viking, thanks for this great job! I love your theme and it should be the default Launchbox theme! 
I'd like know if you are planning to make platform videos for NEC PC ENGINE and NEC PC ENGINE CD. 

Great theme, thank you for your work. I rfeally like its design, doesn't feel to bloated, it's ideal for me.

Quick question, is there a way to reduce the delay between the platform selection and the platform description ?

Hoooraaayyy, dark theme - how awesome is that!?!

Thanks for the update, there is no better big box theme out there, period!

One quick question: Two platforms - NES and SNES - do not match the colors of the platform video on the right side meaning that the colors of the "Press A"-box and the edges around other small boxes plus the release year are still green as in the original. It's weird cause in the "PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml " video shown by viking himself above it seems to work and it also matches within all the other platforms which looks really nice btw.

So any idea what could have gone wrong? Thanks in advance...

Matt

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

?It's because you use custom platform names that I hadn't anticipated.

Extract and paste this file: Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config.zip
Here : LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Dark\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig\ ...   (or Light theme)

I just added your 2 custom name to the platform possibility.
I leave them, they will be directly present in the next update.

• Like 1