LaunchBox Community Forums

12.7 Beta Testing

faeran

Beta 4 is now out with the following changes:

• New Premium Feature: Added a Documents badge for games with manuals and other documents
  • New Feature: MAME can now be automatically downloaded (or updated) and installed via the MAME Full Set Importer. This makes it super easy to get up and playing just by running the MAME Arcade Full Set Wizard and nothing else.
  • New Feature: Game Details in LaunchBox has been overhauled with a new, modern look
  • New Feature: Added new controls and bindings for use inside of LaunchBox Game Details (for theme devs)

For any prospective LaunchBox theme devs, the new view should show off some new functions that you can use in your own themes. Most notably, we added a Media Carousel Control, and an Achievements summary panel.

Tagging previous LaunchBox theme devs, just in case you want to check it out:

@Karoline @Mr. RetroLust @Rincewind @raviol @Natouse @shadowfire @Lordmonkus @Grila @nosh @harryoke 

• Like 13

LB Old Default - Right click menu on Game Details has dissapeared 'fullscreen/delete' screenshots, i noticed this in a previous beta.

LB Default - The new Game Details scrolling locks up if you're hovering over the video.

Edited by Rlad

12 hours ago, faeran said:

Beta 4 is now out with the following changes:

• New Premium Feature: Added a Documents badge for games with manuals and other documents
  • New Feature: MAME can now be automatically downloaded (or updated) and installed via the MAME Full Set Importer. This makes it super easy to get up and playing just by running the MAME Arcade Full Set Wizard and nothing else.
  • New Feature: Game Details in LaunchBox has been overhauled with a new, modern look
  • New Feature: Added new controls and bindings for use inside of LaunchBox Game Details (for theme devs)

For any prospective LaunchBox theme devs, the new view should show off some new functions that you can use in your own themes. Most notably, we added a Media Carousel Control, and an Achievements summary panel.

Tagging previous LaunchBox theme devs, just in case you want to check it out:

@Karoline @Mr. RetroLust @Rincewind @raviol @Natouse @shadowfire @Lordmonkus @Grila @nosh @harryoke 

Wow! The new screenshots tab in the details-area looks really nice! I only wish that this could be applied to other themes, as I use LBPlex most of the time and I noticed this update only applied to the default theme?

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

The new game detail options are awesome, thanks! Only thing I'd like to change is the black bars the video shows for 4:3 and vertical videos to make the bars transparent, I forgot how you fixed that in the past @faeran could you help me out?

Should be able to edit the new GameDetailsView.xaml file and change PreviewBackground to Transparent on line 348.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

This is a significant downgrade and a poor copy of the Neptune/Lambda theme.

Faeran, the creator of Neptune also made this new view i believe, so not a copy per se. Sounds like you prefer the other two themes though, so why switch at all?

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Faeran, the creator of Neptune also made this new view i believe, so not a copy per se. Sounds like you prefer the other two themes though, so why switch at all?

I never used them and I prefer the default prior to this beta. It's difficult to read any of the text or ratings that's over the image as there is far too much going on. When compared to Neptune where the content is below the image/fanart.

Edited by Kevin_Flynn

1 minute ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

I never used them and I prefer the default prior to this beta. It's difficult to read any of the text or ratings that's over the image as there is far too much going on.

Unfortunately a theme will never please 100% of people, it's just not possible, but that is why we do have theming as a feature, so someone could make a copy and edit the default theme more to there liking. As this is a new look to the game details, i don't expect it will be immediately changed, and there are no options for that sort of thing built into the UI, so editing the theme will be the only way currently.

There's also a bug. It's displaying Screenshot - Gameplay twice. It appears on every platform and every game.

Edit: This only occurs when I set my background priority as Screenshot - Gameplay. If I de-select background priorities they also go missing from selection, I'm not sure if that is intended or not.

Edit #2: Second image without any background priorities.

image.png.e30f54f9b35ea557da48cf83dcde436f.png image.png.1b1ad796cb5f88ed8312c4111d063804.png

Edited by Kevin_Flynn